iPhones, iPods, & iPads forum

Question

SIM Card

by Mysteryl80 / June 11, 2013 3:07 AM PDT

How do I find the SIM card on my iPhone. They did not send instructions, which a find very annoying. They also included a small clip which fits in a tiny hole in the side with no explanation of what it is for.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SIM Card
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SIM Card
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Which iPhone?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / June 11, 2013 3:19 AM PDT
In reply to: SIM Card

My bet is that most suppliers don't bother as today we have the web to research such and find documents at the ready. To cut costs, why ship instructions at all?

Try this document.
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5163

Bob

Collapse -
Clarification Request
More importantly.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / June 11, 2013 5:00 AM PDT

....who is your cellular carrier ?? If you use SPRINT or Verizon, there is no SIM card in your iPhone.

Collapse -
Depends on which iPhone you have
by Pepe7 / June 14, 2013 3:16 AM PDT
In reply to: More importantly.....

If it's a Sprint or Verizon branded iPhone 4S or 5, it does have a SIM card/slot to offer international roaming on GSM/WCDMA networks if needed. The Verizon branded iPhone 5 is definitely unlocked too, which I have borrowed from a friend while travelling for use w/ prepaid service.

Sprint/Verizon iPhone 4 has no slot however.

-Pedro

Collapse -
Let me rephrase my post.....
by birdmantd Forum moderator / June 14, 2013 7:04 AM PDT
In reply to: More importantly.....

.....I should have said that many iPhones used by Sprint and Verizon do not have a SIM slot. My Verizon iPhone bought in 2010 doesn't have one The iPhone 5 does have a SIM slot.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Insert the straight end of the "small clip"
by mrmacfixit Forum moderator / June 11, 2013 7:48 AM PDT

into the "tiny hole" and push firmly.

The Sim card will eject.

P

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.