Internet Service Providers forum

Question

Should I transfer from Verizon to Charter ?

by decaboy / January 18, 2012 12:33 PM PST

Charter is having a $19.99 for up to 15mbps for 6 months and after 6 months the price rises $10. They also have up to 30mbps for $29.99 a month and probably the same situation as the previous deal. The internet I have is about 15 dollars and has speeds less than 1mbps( roughly ~60kbps. I've been reading reviews on how bad charter is. Anyone have recommendations? I live in west Covina,California. Any input would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Should I transfer from Verizon to Charter ?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Should I transfer from Verizon to Charter ?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Additional info.
by decaboy / January 18, 2012 12:35 PM PST

I forgot to mention that I have Verizon as my internet provider.

Collapse -
Answer
60kbps? I feel your pain.
by Hondaddy / January 18, 2012 9:49 PM PST

60kbps? I feel your pain. For $5 bucks more, give it a try. Do not sign a yearly contract.
I have a 15Mps plan but it runs at 19 megs..... hope you are as lucky too!

Collapse -
Answer
Yes
by MESTRETCH / January 18, 2012 11:05 PM PST

I am a telcom manager for a Fl based timeshare company and have had dealings with both Providers. Almost all of my dealings with Verizon would get a negative response due to poor customer service, and long support wait times. The services both internet and phone seem stable and as advertised once initial issues worked out, but dealing with billing issues is hell though. Often times i would be transferred no less than 5 times only to end up at a department that was not open because of time zone or back at the original place i called. With Charter I have had no issues with service, tech or customer support. Their service has been reliable and as advertised. Hope that helps. -Stretch

Collapse -
Answer
What I want to know is;
by ahtoi / January 19, 2012 9:05 AM PST

What's the catch!!! If Charter was so large...I would say...watch out for SCAM.

Collapse -
Answer
Charter Customer here....
by CheboyganMI / January 19, 2012 9:24 AM PST

To answer that plain...Yes! I Purchase the 12m down and 1M up for 29.99. But my speed is way faster than I pay for. I get speeds on the Average of 22-028M up and 2.5M-3.1M up. Charter is awesome!

Collapse -
Yes...it is awesome
by ahtoi / January 20, 2012 2:51 AM PST

for that kind of price. I wish Charter was in my area, hehe. For Time Warner, you have to pay $50 for 10mbps service. Bundle maybe slightly less. Hence i say...where's the catch, hehe.

Collapse -
(NT) no!
by jfitz6 / June 15, 2012 3:28 AM PDT
Collapse -
Answer
verizon
by suhailinternational / July 27, 2012 5:41 PM PDT

yes you can do it .
I have samsung verizone but it could not work properly in pakistan please help me.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.