A little over a year ago I had a 3 month old HP laptop with a problem. The issue was from day 1 and at 3 months I thought I'd get HP to look into it. EIGHT HOURS on the phone and finally they take it to their repair depot. At NINE MONTHS the laptop was still dead from their repairs and I wrote it off.
If HP can't repair their gear in 6 months and walk on the warranty, it's not a company I can write nice about. I've since picked up more Dells, a few from Acer, Asus, Sony and other names.
PS. A social rep tried to help but as HP has no way to correct the product flaw, they can't fix it.
More specifically the laptop is I'm interested in is the HP ENVY dv7-7207TX NB PC
The features are:
- Windows 8 64
- Intel® Core® i7-3630QM (2.4 GHz, 6 MB L3 cache)
- NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M (2 GB GDDR5 dedicated)
- 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (2 x 8 GB)
- 2 x 750 GB SATA (5400 rpm)
- Blu-ray player and SuperMulti DVD burner
- 17.3" HD+ BrightView LED-backlit Display (1600 x 900)
What I'm going to do with the laptop:
- word processing (e.g. microsoft word, excel, powerpoint etc)
- audio and video streaming (e.g. YouTube)
- gaming (e.g. skyrim, company of heroes etc)
Considering the specs and what I want to do on a laptop, is the HP ENVY dv7-7207TX NB PC a good choice?