Photo Editing & Graphic Design forum

General discussion

Should i go for Photoshop or other software options?

by sjdell / September 12, 2008 4:42 AM PDT

I need to purchase some sort of software for desiging flyers brochues & using for my web development projects, will Photoshop do all the thing i need or should i consider other , packages like illistrator or In Design?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Should i go for Photoshop or other software options?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Should i go for Photoshop or other software options?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Have you used such before?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 12, 2008 4:46 AM PDT

There's always the freebies. Look at FreeSerif offerings, Open Office and more.

Collapse -
Should I go to photoshop or other software programs.
by Mapleman229 / January 10, 2009 4:05 PM PST

to sjdell-- Seeing as this was posted awhile ago you may have already decided. Adobephotoshop is the " Creme-de-la-creme " of photo programs and from what I have heard has a steep learning curve. Unless of course you had a computer when you were 5-6 years old :),)

The Adobe Photoshop Elements are a fine compromise,( and cheaper even for the most recent edition. I think they just came out with 6 or 7. If you go to the Adobe Website they may be having a package deal with Photoshop Priemere. I did use photoshop 1 and 2 but found them not helpful for my needs at the time. They have gotten better with each version.

I use ACDSee Photoprograms because I have gotten used to them.

There are plenty out there. Corel has a Paint Shop X out now which is exceptinol according to the reviews. Also reasonably priced compared to Adobe Photoshop. Just a thought. MM229. Good luck.

Collapse -
Should I go to photoshop?
by Mapleman229 / January 10, 2009 4:08 PM PST

I didn't answer your other question Indesign is a Great page Design program..more so than Illustrator or Photoshop. FrontPage Plus is a less pricey option. Not an Adobe product.--MM.

Collapse -
Cad Drawings, 3D Drawings, RAR and others
by GeneGarrett / May 30, 2009 2:47 AM PDT

I get a lot of e-mails that have attachments that are some time Cad drawings and some are 3D drawings and others and I can't open them. Can you recommend a free program I can download to open such files or an inexpensive one. I just need to see what my client are sending me.

Sincerely,

Gene Garrett
genegarrett@manufacturersinchina.com

Collapse -
suggestion
by bidufarewell / May 24, 2009 3:08 AM PDT

Well photoshop is a very good software but i find it less equipped when i want to draw something in it. So for that use adobe illustrator.

Collapse -
Adobe Suite
by jathia / July 9, 2009 7:27 AM PDT

The Adobe suite of applications will suit for most if not all design needs. You can always look for more inexpensive or free software, but its nearly guaranteed at some point you will notice they dont do EVERYTHING you require. So basically, Adobe is a great place to start if you don't want to run into bumps like that.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.