Android forum

Resolved Question

Should i buy HTC wildfire s?

by lursmani / February 19, 2013 3:03 PM PST

Hey all. I have been thinking about buying HTC wildfire S. I have seen it's specs, liked some of them. My concerns are its battery life and slow processor. Is it worth buying now or should i wait for better phones like Galaxy Y S6102?
Or if there are any better phones in that price group advice me. Thanks Happy

lursmani has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Should i buy HTC wildfire s?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Should i buy HTC wildfire s?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by lursmani

Collapse -
space for the htc
by leib28 / February 24, 2013 11:39 PM PST

The first smartphone that I ever got was the htc wildfire s, I took it back within a week, due to it not having enough internal space for a smartphone. I had to constantly remove apps. It takes great pics. Went to the samsung mesmerize and I love it. A lot of internal space, never have a problem with having apps on the mesmerize.

Collapse -
question:
by lursmani / February 25, 2013 7:50 PM PST
In reply to: space for the htc

can't you move the apps to SD card? I had galaxy y and it had only 190mb memory, but I had 7-8 pages of giant apps in it. I had them on the card.

Collapse -
Answer
So a new battery every few years is an issue?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 19, 2013 11:42 PM PST

I looked and see the usual 300 cycle battery so that means a life span of about 2 years. Many smart phones use these so to choose a phone on the life span of the battery is very odd. Maybe you don't like charging it daily but didn't write that.

Bob

Collapse -
Yeah
by lursmani / February 20, 2013 12:32 AM PST

Yeah my current phone has 12.30 hours talk time on 2g. That phone has 2x less. Sometimes i need to use my phone all day so I need battery to survive that.

Collapse -
TALK TIME!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 20, 2013 12:38 AM PST
In reply to: Yeah

Most smart phones are fitted with a minimal size battery due to cost and a market that has placed value on thin or weight over function.

My older HTC One had that battery time issue which was easy to cure with a huge after market battery. I could get days of talk time out of it. But it was over double the thickness and weight after the upgrade.

Most smart phones will never come with long battery times or talk times as the costs prohibit such. My add on battery and case ran over 100 so imagine how many they would sell at the store? Probably none since most folk are going with looks, name or thin. Many are fixated on price as well.
Bob

Collapse -
htc
by planky123 / February 20, 2013 2:49 AM PST

i had a wildfire, whilst it was good i now have a samsung galaxy ace and its far better, with its dual core processor

Collapse -
Answer
The old problem - BATTERY LIFE!
by owen1973 / February 22, 2013 5:21 PM PST

This is my main bugbear as well with smartphones. My tip is, whatever phone you have, just spend another 10/20 quid on a spare battery. Instant doubling of phone battery life :-). Also, it stops the habit that I have of overcharging batteries.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.