TVs & Home Theaters

Question

Should I buy a 32" Samsung LED Smart TV UA32ES6200MXXY

by RandolphCaer / October 30, 2012 3:28 PM PDT

Hey guys and gals,

I need some advice! I'm looking to buy a 32" Samsung LED Smart TV model number UA32ES6200MXXY and I'd just like to know if anyone is using one and what their experience is.

I'll be using it primarily for video games and Blu-Ray (it'll be hooked up to a PS3).
I'm really after screen quality instead of size. I want something that's going to make games shine and not slow down when the action gets fast paced.

I'd prefer to get the 40" model but sadly my budget won't stretch that far. Is there a comparable model at the $650 mark I should be looking at?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

This is the model I'm looking at LINK: http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/plasma-lcd-tvs/led-lcd-tv/samsung-ua32es6200mxxy-32-full-hd-3d-smart-led-lcd-tv/666779

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Should I buy a 32" Samsung LED Smart TV UA32ES6200MXXY
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Should I buy a 32" Samsung LED Smart TV UA32ES6200MXXY
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Can't find it in my country but.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 1:36 AM PDT

My usual comment is to forget any Smart TV feature and go for picture quality. Smart TV falls flat so often as a server goes done or you discover the web browser is terrible compared to a PC. And the apps have bugs that the TV maker can't fix because just like Windows you don't call Microsoft for a fix to that game from some other company.

From what I see I'd compare it to the not as smart versions.
Bob

Collapse -
SONY 40" (101cm) Full High Definition LED LCD KDL40EX650
by RandolphCaer / October 31, 2012 7:41 AM PDT
In reply to: LG 42CS560 42"

Thanks for the info guys!

Right now I'm actually leaning towards a SONY 40" (101cm) Full High Definition LED LCD KDL40EX650.

http://dicksmith.com.au/product/GE3006/sony-40-quot-101cm-full-high-definition-led-lcd-kdl40ex650

It a little more expensive but it's 40".

It says it's 100hz, but it's motionflow XR 100, so I guess that means it's not true 100. Is motionflor XR 100 any good?

Either that or the Samsung UA40EH6000 Series 6 40 inch 102cm Full HD LED LCD TV

http://www.bigbrownbox.com.au/samsung-ua40eh6000-series-6-40-inch-102cm-full-hd-led-lcd-tv/

Which looks to have true 100hz.

Has anyone used either of these before?

Collapse -
Are you sure about this "true 100hz"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 7:48 AM PDT

While I know PAL, 50Hz and more, there is an issue with HDMI and such beyond the usual 50/60Hz. I don't want to upset you but where I see true 100Hz is not on HDMI connections and involves gaming PCs.
Bob

Collapse -
I'm not an expert... :-P
by RandolphCaer / October 31, 2012 8:19 AM PDT

To be honest I'm still a little confused about the whole 50hz, 100hz, Motionflow Xr 100 thing...

I guess all I want to know is, is Motionflow XR 100 any good? And would the Samsung I was originally looking at be better?

Thanks for the quick response Bob.

Collapse -
Sorry but the number of times...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / October 31, 2012 8:41 AM PDT

The number of times we turn off that video processing is so often that I can't say it's a great idea. Makers don't like me as they lost me with their sad imitation of a "smart TV" with browsers that are very poor to video decoders worse than most game consoles. I know why they are doing poorly in those areas but they really try to talk it up as if it's great stuff yet you put it to the test and you end up turning it off or going back to your PC.

With that out of the way, it's nice to have those options but so far, CONTENT is just 50 or 60 Hz depending on country.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.