HDTV Picture Setting

Tip

Sharp LC-70LE732U picture settings

by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / July 26, 2011 5:40 AM PDT

Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/sharp-aquos-quattron-lc/4505-6482_7-34477615.html

Related products:
Sharp LC-70LE733U
Sharp LC-70LE734U
Sharp LC-70LE735U

Calibration report using these settings:
http://scr.bi/rt2XxJ

Below you'll find the settings we found best for viewing the Sharp LC-70LE732U in a dim room via the HDMI input at 1080p/24 resolution. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

--Picture Settings menu

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: +12
Contrast: +30
Brightness: 0
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: 0
Y: 0
G: -5
C: +6
B: -1
M: +2

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: 0
Y: -1
G: -6
C: 0
B: -9
M: -2

C.M.S. -Value
R: +2
Y: 0
G: +3
C: +4
B: 0
M: 0

Color Gamut Range: Standard

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): -3
G Gain (LO): -3
B Gain (LO): -3
R Gain (HI): +1
G Gain (HI): -5
B Gain (HI): -4

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Quad Pixel Plus: On
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: 0
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

Note: This post was edited by its original author added link to calibration report on 07/26/2011 at 12:45 PM PT

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharp LC-70LE732U picture settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharp LC-70LE732U picture settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) Do these settings apply to the 240 hz LC-70LE733U?
by raficeid / August 20, 2011 4:08 PM PDT
Collapse -
They should be a good start
by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / August 21, 2011 10:45 PM PDT

Check out the FAQ.

Collapse -
Looks great- Thank you!!
by nmoore41 / September 11, 2011 11:51 PM PDT

The favorable CNET Review of this TV helped my buying decision, but when I got it home and out of the box, I debated on taking it back because the picture didn't look right. Then I found this post; after the adjustments above, the picture looks absolutely fantastic!

THANK YOU!!!

Collapse -
must for every tv manufactured
by jasongeise / December 14, 2011 4:06 AM PST

i can explain how happy i stumbled across this thread. i was about to return my tv and get a smaller more expensive tv. not now after the adjustments. Happy it looks amazing. everyone should make the adjustments to there tvs.

Collapse -
Settngs for a Sharp LC-60LE835U
by jrvenables / March 4, 2012 2:38 AM PST

Would these settings be a good start for a Sharp LC-60LE835U or should I start with the settings that you used for the
LC-60LE830U?

Collapse -
Calibration for LC-60LE835U
by SpatialEd / March 6, 2012 11:55 PM PST

The LE830 is edge-lit, IMHO it would be safer to go w/ the LE732 calibration. It's back-lit, same as the LE835.

Collapse -
will it work on a 70LE632U
by tehli / April 26, 2012 12:54 AM PDT

Im about to buy the 70LE632U and was wondering if these settings will work for that TV

Collapse -
Motion blur
by bill0275 / May 26, 2012 6:38 AM PDT

This set-up makes the picture look so much more life-like, Thank you.

I have seen a lot of motion blur from this tv from day one. I called Sharp to get their advice and they had me turn off the Motion Enhancement, Quad Pixel Plus, Active Contrast, Film Mode, DNR, and Mono. It is better, but I am still not satisfied. Best Buy had 74 reviews for this tv and only one had minor mention of motion blur.

Has anyone seen the blur I am experiencing? Can anyone lend me a hand with this issue?
If I can't get this minimized I am considering the Panasonic TC-P65GT50, any thoughts vs the Sharp?

I have the Sharp LC-70LE732U, CharterHD w/Motorola DCX 3501-M

Collapse -
It's like I have a NEW TV!!
by BioBatMan2 / October 2, 2012 1:59 AM PDT

Seriously...thank you for putting information like this on your website. It really is like I'm finally enjoying my TV for the very first time.
It had always bothered me that there was such over-saturation of the digital blues and reds in some Blu-Ray movies (Iron Man 2)...now all of that is taken care of, and I can finally enjoy my TV the way I should always been able to.

You guys are awesome!!!

Nerds RULE!!!!

Collapse -
Calibrations for ALL AV modes
by Mush3 / October 11, 2012 8:39 AM PDT

BioBatMan2,

Did you calibrate per Katz's recommendations in Movie mode? Did you use the same numbers in all other modes? I need help.

Thanks

Collapse -
Sharp LC-70LE732U picture settings
by Mush3 / October 11, 2012 8:04 AM PDT

Katz,

I seen you gave calibrations for AV Mode - Movie. Should all AV modes have these same parameters? If not, where might I start looking?

This info is AWESOME!!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.