HDTV Picture Setting forum

Tip

Sharp LC-60LE640U picture settings

by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / March 13, 2012 1:34 AM PDT

Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/sharp-lc-60le640u/4505-6482_7-35123266.html

Related products:
Sharp LC-52LE640U
Sharp LC-70LE640U

Calibration report using these settings:
http://scr.bi/wNRiT3

Below you'll find the settings we found best for viewing the Sharp LC-60LE640U in a dim room via the HDMI input. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

Calibration report:

Calibration notes: The best preset, Movie, measured too blue with a too-dark gamma initially, while primary and secondary color points were pretty far off. The available controls solved nearly all of those issues. I especially appreciated that the CMS behaved well and allowed plenty of improvement. It's not as good as I've seen on the best Samsungs, but it did allow me to achieve similar color accuracy as the best LGs.

--Picture Settings menu

AV MODE: MOVIE
OPC: Off
Backlight: STD
Contrast: +30
Brightness: +2
Color: 0
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue
R: -4
Y: +3
G: +4
C: +1
B: -13
M: +3

C.M.S. -Saturation
R: +3
Y: -5
G: 0
C: 0
B: 0
M: -8

C.M.S. -Value
R: 0
Y: 0
G: -2
C: 0
B: +3
M: +3

Color Temp: Low
R Gain (LO): 0
G Gain (LO): +3
B Gain (LO): -7
R Gain (HI): -5
G Gain (HI): 0
B Gain (HI): -6

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Active Contrast: Off
Gamma Adjustment: +2
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off
Digital Noise Reduction: Off
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: [any]

Note: This post was edited by its original author added link to calibration report. on 03/13/2012 at 7:41 AM PT

Note: This post was edited by its original author removed confusing [0] from Backlight setting. STD is the midway point between +16 and -16 on 05/08/2012 at 8:53 AM PT

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharp LC-60LE640U picture settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharp LC-60LE640U picture settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Game Mode Settings
by Billlh / April 18, 2012 4:26 AM PDT

Does anyone have game mode settings for this tv? I can find lots for the 632 but it seems to be somewhat different than the 640.

Bill

Collapse -
My game settings
by Jolu42 / October 17, 2012 2:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Game Mode Settings

I found that these game settings look best when playing PS3 (make sure the RGB range in the display settings is set to "limited", the "full" setting will give you crushing blacks)

--Picture Settings menu

AV MODE: USER (the "Game" setting removes some options)
OPC: On (this feature is great, I don't know why people don't like it...)
Backlight: STD
Contrast: +30
Brightness: -1
Color: +1
Tint: 0
Sharpness: 0 (+1 if you want a little extra edge enhancement, I wouldn't go above +1)

--Advanced sub-menu

C.M.S. -Hue - all zeroed out.
C.M.S. -Saturation - all zeroed out.
C.M.S. -Value - all zeroed out.
Color Temp: Mid-Low - all zeroed out.

Motion Enhancement: 120Hz High
Active Contrast: Off (a lot of detail is lost in darks areas when On)
Gamma Adjustment: 0
Black Level: [grayed out]
Film Mode: Off (I did a lot of testing with this on the Advanced setting and there is a lot of image distortion with this on. On Borderlands 2 I noticed right away that moving side-to-side will create nasty tearing with the crosshairs. 3:2 pulldown is not neccesary when playing games)
Digital Noise Reduction: Off (no reason to have on when using HDMI)
Monochrome: Off
Range of OPC: -2 to +14

I'm not a professional by any means, but I really recommend trying out these settings for playing games (or even watching daytime shows on Hulu or Netflix). As far as watching an epic movie on blu-ray goes, the Cnet Movie settings are very nice Happy

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.