HDTV Picture Setting forum

General discussion

sharp aquos quattron lc 52 le810un calibration settings ??

by tdbomg1 / August 29, 2010 5:34 AM PDT

hello , just bought this new set , love it , does anyone know the professional or best settings for this set , ?? please help all i know is everywhere i read it says to turn film mode off , please help

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: sharp aquos quattron lc 52 le810un calibration settings ??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: sharp aquos quattron lc 52 le810un calibration settings ??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Me too for the 60"
by kcfvegas / August 30, 2010 3:32 PM PDT

I have the Sharp LC60LE810UN and I also would like the best settings for it. In some of the forums I have seen settings by some people that say they own one, only to be followed by others that say those settings make the set look horrible. So I would like some reliable settings preferably by CNET so that I know they would be reliable.

DAVE, PLEASE REVIEW THE SHARP LE810UN VERY SOON!

Collapse -
I second that request to review this TV
by GMunroe / September 24, 2010 12:01 PM PDT
In reply to: Me too for the 60"

Eager to see the results!

Collapse -
Quattron LC46LE810
by LuitenantDan / November 22, 2010 4:10 AM PST

Just bought the TV and didn't want to pay another 300 bucks for a tech to come set it up. I have non HD satellite service. I found that all the channels varied from dark to bright low colour to high colours. so in playing with my calibration settings i found the following the best for me. this is best for daytime viewing of tv channels...for night and movies i use my MOVIE AV mode which I tweeked. I found that the TV's auto setting helped for watching all the different channels. Please let us know if anyone finds anything i could try.

OPC = on

Back Light +8
Contrast +30
Brightness +10
Colour -10
Tint -11
Sharpness +4

ADVANCED

CMS HUE = All 0
CMS Saturatuion = All -5
CMS Value = Red -5 the reset 0
Colour Temp = All +5

Motion Enhan = normal TV 120Hz Low/off. 120Hz Low/high for sports.

Active Contrast = On
Gamma Adj. -1
Black Level = LOW
Film Mode = standard
Digital Noise Reduction = Auto
3D-Y/C = Standard
Monochrome = Off
Range of OPC = Default

Collapse -
Interested too
by CHEWKNOW / December 13, 2010 10:14 PM PST

Has anyone found settings for this TV? I bought the 820UN and was hoping to find similar settings.

Thanks!

Collapse -
sharp aquos LC 52LE810UN calbiration settings
by gervido / January 7, 2011 8:39 AM PST

Hi, Try this:
AV mode: Movie
Backlight: -5
Contrast: +29
Brightness: +2
color: +5
tint: +4
sharpness: 0
CMS Hue
R: -5
Y: -5
G: +3
C: +6
B: +13
M: -2

color Temp:
Medium Lo
R Gain LO: -2
G Gain LO: +1
B Gain LO: -1

R gain HI: 0
G gain HI: +23
B gain HI: -15

CMS saturation: All 0
CMS value:
R: 0
Y: +6
G: +4
C: -2
B: +22
M: -3

Motion enhancement: 120HZ high
Active contrast: on
gamma adjustment: +2
Fim Mode: Standard
Monochrome: off
OPC: off

Collapse -
Settings
by Lee BoobBob / January 8, 2011 7:18 AM PST

Thank you gervido for those settings for the LC52LE810UN, They are PERFECT

Collapse -
Sharp Aquos LC-52LE810UN calibration settings
by gervido / January 8, 2011 10:54 AM PST
In reply to: Settings

You're welcome!
I'm just surprised CNET still hasn't reviewed the Quattron TV and its been out for quite some time.
I know a lot of reviewers are not fans of the extra yellow pixel; however, the addition seems to enhance the colors.
It took a lot of tweaking to get the colors I like, but I'm curious to see what CNET would find the best settings are for this TV. I know they are not fans of the Active Contrast feature; but, I think it really does enhance the images.

Collapse -
Settings
by tjc2 / February 2, 2011 7:37 AM PST

Gervido, these settings look great. Did you make any changes since you last posted?

Collapse -
sharp aquos LC 52LE810UN calbiration settings by gervido
by gervido / February 2, 2011 9:29 AM PST
In reply to: Settings

Hi,
These are still the same settings I have been using for this model.

Collapse -
Settings
by lsjdflas / February 7, 2011 5:30 PM PST

Hi,
Thank you for the settings. I noticed though when I went to changed the film mode to standard,the option was disabled.

Thanks again for the settings. I too noticed that other colors have been enhanced. Particularly, the opening of Toy Story 3.

Collapse -
Great settings - however have enlarged picture problem...
by Macwillie / February 10, 2011 9:25 PM PST

Hi,
Yes, found this chat and have now switched to your settings above and very impressed from out of the box factory settings, Thank-you! However I seem to have another problem which is the picture looks to be in zoom mode, the picture seems to be too big for the screen and things are getting cut off. I have altered all settings in the the offered "view mode" (stretch, dot by dot, S stretch & zoom) the first two setting being the best and the latter 2 enlarges the pic more... it just does not look right to me. Any suggestions would be welcomed!
Thanks again for your expertise.

Collapse -
picture seems to be too big
by bella_anima25 / January 19, 2012 12:58 PM PST

I had the exact problem with the picture appearing as if it was too big for the screen or zoomed in to its maximum. The adjustments to your TV through View Mode will work if your starting with a normal picture.
HD channels fix the problem.

Try NBC on your local channels ( channel 2, 3, 5, etc...whatever your local is in your area)
then look at the HD NBC. The HD version is often available throught cable or satellite companies at no extra charge to you if you have an HD receiver. The HD channels may be very high channel numbers.
As a good exampe, my Local NBC is channel 2 while the HD channel is 602.

I hope this helps

Collapse -
Setting's OK
by seanmvrck / February 10, 2011 9:30 PM PST

Just a few changes and it'll look fine

Collapse -
calibration settings
by syd420barrett / March 3, 2012 1:31 AM PST

thanks a lot gervido. looks great on 70 inch sharp aquos quattron.

Collapse -
Best sharp LC52LE810UN SETTING...

AS I HAVE GOT THE SAME T.V; I WOULD RECOMMEND YOU TO WATCH THIS VIDEO AND DECIDE BY YOURSELF AS I HAVE LIKED AND STILL USING THE SAME THAT IS SHOWED IN THIS PARTICULAR LINK BELOW, BUT B4 YOU PROCEED PLEASE MAKE SURE TO USE THESE SETTINGS ONLY IF U R WATCHING BLU RAY DVD ....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yi22GxBg3A

see it and decide, gud luck...

Collapse -
Sharp Aquos LC-60LE810UN, LC-52LE810UN, LC-46LE810UN
by CptCaveman23 / June 15, 2011 10:32 PM PDT

Hello, I've had the 60" for a year now and it's awesome. I've had Best Buy's Geek Squad calibrate my LC-60LE810UN Sharp Aquos HDTV. The professional settings are: AV Mode User, OPC Off, Backlight +10, Contrast +25, Brightness 0, Color -2, Tint 0, Sharpness +1, CMS Hue 0, CMS Saturation 0, CMS Value 0, Color Temperature Mid-Low, R Gain +1, G Gain -1, B Gain -5, R Gain +7, G Gain 0, B Gain -11, Motion Enhancement 120Hz High, Active Contrast Off, Gamma Adjustment 0, Black Level 0, Film Mode Advanced High, Digital Noise Reduction High, Monochrome Off, Range OPC Max +16 Min -16. These settings are for Satillite viewing (NOT BLU-RAY). You'll have to get a BLU-RAY calibration disc for that. I hope all ths helps, Thanks.

Collapse -
Calibration That Reveals the Best Picture
by rstef58 / August 26, 2012 4:28 AM PDT

This setting makes the TV look spectacular. I have tried almost every calibration setting from the net. Try this out before throwing it under the bus. I have a LC60LE835U and it only looks good with this configuration.

1) Change the Picture AV Mode to PC - I believe this mode is only available via HDMI cable (i.e. cannot use Component Video input)
2) Perform a menu reset to ensure everything is set to factory defaults for this Picture Mode (PC Mode) - this option is at the bottom of the Picture Menu
3) Set sharpness to your preference - My preference is +3
4) Turn on the OPC
5) Adjust the OPC to match your room lighting levels - I have a sun room and my preference is +5 to -12

Now sit back and watch for a while. I found this setting to provide almost a perfect picture. Contrast, colors, skin tones, etc. are spot on.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.