Networking & Wireless forum

Sharing My 3G USB Mobile Broadband Connection

by tznomani / April 24, 2011 6:39 AM PDT

I have currently the following connection:
A Seimens Gigaset SE568 Wireless Router connected to a DSL Line and broadcasting a WIFI signal throughout my house. I receive this WIFI internet connection on my laptops using their respective WIFI adapters, and on my desktop using a GASKY GS-28USB Wireless USB Adapter, and use this internet connection simultaneously in both desktops and laptops.

Now, I am shifing to a new 3G USB Mobile Broadband service:
Where I can directly connect the 3G USB Mobile Broadband Stick to my desktop or my laptop and use the internet directly, but not all at once through my router as was previously configured.

Is there a way using the existing hardware, can I configure my desktop to share this internet connection and broadcast from the GASKY GS-28USB Wireless Lan Card to the Seimens Gigaset SE568 router and then throughout my house for simultaneous access, or directly share the internet through the GASKY adapter itself, or is there some other configuration I can use ? Please give me a detailed description of setting it up if possible.

My Desktop has Windows 7 installed as an operating system.

Thanks in advance.

PS: The links for the product pages are as follows:

1. GASKY USB Wireless Adapter
High Power Wireless LAN USB Adapter

2. Seimens Gigaset SE568

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Sharing My 3G USB Mobile Broadband Connection
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Sharing My 3G USB Mobile Broadband Connection
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 24, 2011 6:45 AM PDT
Collapse -
Re: sharing Internet connection
by Kees_B Forum moderator / April 24, 2011 6:53 AM PDT

Already in Windows 98 Microsoft implemented ICS (Internet Connection Sharing) to allow all PC's in a LAN to share the Internet connection on one of the PC's. It's still supported in Windows 7.

The only disadvantage (apart from the necessity to have both computers up and running to use Internet on the one not connected to Internet directly) was that it was nearly impossible to setup for anybody except the experienced network engineer. But they might have done that better in Windows 7.
Search in Windows 7 Help and Support for ICS and try it.

Collapse -
by mikejohn111 / July 13, 2011 3:49 AM PDT

If you have Windows 7 their is this thing called Connectify , that allows you to share your internet with another computer , pretty much your saying.
I have been using Connectify with my kids when we go on trips, I share the internet through my USB broadband , and they can use it right off my computer. It makes your laptop a wifi hotspot so any other computer can connect.
i hope this helps

Collapse -
stick to the context
by sagonegm / September 25, 2011 2:45 AM PDT

nobody answer wat he is asking .. just giving other solutio... the question is how to connect usb internet stick with siemens model number SE568 ??? i have the same question if some one can tell us the answer ????

Collapse -
I looked at it
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 25, 2011 3:27 AM PDT
In reply to: stick to the context

And came up that I had to use another thing to make it work. Where does it show that this usb internet stick is supported by the SE568?

Collapse -
How do I connect my USB through Laptop
by ZainIrfani / January 20, 2014 1:30 PM PST

Dear My Friend...
I do it ....
use your wireless Device on laptop...
after make Shearing...
you should make a network (hoc)

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.