HDTV Picture Setting forum

Question

Settings for Toshiba 39L22u led tv

by craigmcduffie / January 6, 2013 7:07 AM PST

Does anyone have these settings? We bought two of these tv's for Christmas and I just cannot get the picture right.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Settings for Toshiba 39L22u led tv
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Settings for Toshiba 39L22u led tv
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Toshiba 39l22u LED. Picture Settings
by spaceace717 / January 6, 2013 10:06 AM PST

HI I just bought the same tv last week from Best Buy. When I got it home I was a little disappointed. After some tweaking here is what I came up with. And was rather happy with the outcome.

Picture Mode- Preference

Picture Settings

Contrast- 80
Backlight 60
Dynalight On
Brightness 55
Color 44
Tint 0
Sharpness 0

Advanced Picture Settings

Dynamic Contrast- Off
Static Gamma +3
Color Temp: Cool
Cinema Mode Video

Noise Reduction

DNR: OFF
MPEG Noise Reduction OFF

Theatre Settings

Picture Size: Native
Auto Aspect Ratio: off

Let me know how you like it.
Dave

Collapse -
Settings
by craigmcduffie / January 7, 2013 5:38 AM PST

Thanks. I tried the settings you sent and it was a little bit better. It just seems to be too bright and the faces are paler than I want.

Collapse -
Answer
Try these settings - calibrated with Avia
by ajstan99 / January 9, 2013 9:55 AM PST

I'll borrow Dave's format for the settings. These seem to work well for me on the HDMI and Component inputs alike. I used the Avia Guide to Home Theatre DVD. Hope this works for you.

Picture Settings
Contrast 50
Backlight 50
Dynalight On
Brightness 55
Color 32
Tint +6
Sharpness 1

Advanced Picture Settings
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Static Gamma: +2
Color Temp: Medium
Cinema Mode: Film

Noise Reduction
DNR: OFF
MPEG Noise Reduction OFF

Collapse -
by craigmcduffie / January 9, 2013 10:08 PM PST

These are a lot better. I tweakd a couple of them just a little bit and are pretty satisfied now. Thanks.

Collapse -
by ajstan99 / January 14, 2013 6:37 AM PST
In reply to: Reply

Glad to help. I would think that the backlight and/or contrast could be turned down further but haven't had the time to try it yet.

Also, I have been going back and forth with the Dynamic Contrast and the Dynalight. Currently, I'm leaving the Dynamic Contrast on (better details in dark areas) and the Dynalight off (no difference noted other than the channel banner from my cable box doesn't get dimmer when switching channels with Dynalight off).

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.