Forum Announcement

Please don't panic! You are not in the Twilight Zone, you are experiencing the new CNET forums platform! Please click here to read the details. Thanks!!



Set-top box

by priscilla220 / September 5, 2012 / 5:22 PM UTC

I am looking for a replacement for my now defunct MSNTV2 receiver. I mainly want to be able to browse the web. Video or audio streaming is not as important. I need a box with RCA outputs because my hi-def tv recently got hit by lightning and I only have one functional hdmi input. Any recommendations are appreciated!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Set-top box
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Set-top box
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
So why not a hdmi switch and something new?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / September 5, 2012 / 5:51 PM UTC
In reply to: Set-top box

I use a Logitech Revue but it's no sub for a PC. However much of the web works fine.

Collapse -
hdmi switch?
by priscilla220 / September 5, 2012 / 7:12 PM UTC

Im afraid I dont know what that is.

Collapse -
hdmi switch
by priscilla220 / September 6, 2012 / 6:22 AM UTC
In reply to: hdmi switch?

Ok i found to what you are referring. Thanks!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 45,842 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,052 discussions
Tablets 1,149 discussions
Security 28,606 discussions
Home Audio and Video 18,995 discussions
HDTV Picture Setting 1,743 discussions
Cell Phones 11,258 discussions
Windows 8 1,311 discussions
Networking & Wireless 10,496 discussions