Desktops forum

Question

Server updation error

by santhosh8888 / November 18, 2012 2:34 PM PST

Getting an error in WSUS server like , ** Windows Server Services encountered an error This is an unexpected token. The expected token is 'EndElement'. Line 10509, position26 **

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Server updation error
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Server updation error
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Does your desktop run "Windows Server"?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 18, 2012 2:37 PM PST
In reply to: Server updation error

If not it sounds like an error on a web page.
Bob

Collapse -
service update error
by santhosh8888 / November 18, 2012 2:44 PM PST

yes its WSUS server..

Collapse -
So let's be clear.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 18, 2012 2:46 PM PST
In reply to: service update error

You are running Windows Server and asking for support on Windows Server?

It's a stretch that anyone can answer this given sparse details. It's OK to ask but think of the details needed to begin the conversation and remember this is a discussion forum and not tech support.
Bob

Collapse -
service update error
by santhosh8888 / November 18, 2012 2:49 PM PST
In reply to: So let's be clear.

Actually im new here, i dont know wer to post this question..

Collapse -
The question is fine except.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 18, 2012 2:54 PM PST
In reply to: service update error

You have to supply the rest of the details. While I know a little about Windows Server we don't use that update system. Too many reasons for it to fail and the time spent is best working on other issues. My advice is to use Windows Update and be done with it.

As it stands it could be anything from a missing/bad update to permissions to another bad thing such as pirated or cracked OSes. You never know what you'll find.
Bob

Collapse -
error
by santhosh8888 / November 18, 2012 3:07 PM PST

It is WSUS server, the problem is the automatic update fails to start, when i open the admin page the following comes. i will give you the screen shot if u need?..

Collapse -
No.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 19, 2012 2:10 AM PST
In reply to: error

Why? Because Windows Server has many versions over 2 decades. Same for WSUS. You seem new to all this and since the basics are not in these posts I suggest you seek Microsoft Support.

Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.