Samsung forum

series 6 smart tv wireless connection pro?

by Dr_MoooZ / May 24, 2013 4:02 PM PDT

Recently I bought samsung smart 3d tv series 6 , every thing was working fine and I connected it to my wireless lan , tell couple of days ago it lost connectivity , when I try to search for wireless lan, in search Window it finds networks but the window crashes after 2 sec, I tried many times and its the same ,I also tried wired connection and updated the firmware to the latest , and updated the tv using usb . But nothing worked please advise me I need to know if its something that I could fix or if it's a hardware failure and need a visit to service center.
Model Number : ua40es6200rsec
Series 6 smart 3d tv
Thank u for ur precious time

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: series 6 smart tv wireless connection pro?
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: series 6 smart tv wireless connection pro?
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Tell more.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2013 1:41 AM PDT

Let's start with the router/wifi at about 20 feet. I'll had to know if the SSID is hidden, simple and more. There's a lot to cover so tell more.

Collapse -
WiFi not connecting
by stef24x7 / May 25, 2013 4:48 AM PDT
In reply to: Tell more.

Are you having trouble with any of your other devices and Internet connectivity (wired or wireless)? Have you tried power cycling your router? And if your router is behind a cable modem, did you power-cycle that as well?

Collapse -
Be careful which post you reply to.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2013 5:02 AM PDT
In reply to: WiFi not connecting

Since you asked me, I have no issues at all. But I do cover this a lot and have a sticky post in the CNET Networking Forum for smart tv owners to read.

Collapse -
more clarification
by Dr_MoooZ / May 25, 2013 11:57 AM PDT
In reply to: Tell more.

Well the router is in the same room less than 20 feet almost 10 feet max, the SSID is not hidden , I have no issues with other devices ( galaxy note 10, iphone, wireless satellite receiver, laptop) all r connecting flawlessly, I even connected the tv using lan cable and it connected , tried power recycling the router and modem even reset them , I think the main problem is when I enter network settings and search for wireless networks , the wireless network Window collapses (crashes) after 1 or 2 sec of displaying my wireless network SSID , ,returning me back to main menu, same issue with direct wifi and soft AP, in addition to displaying sometimes the message " this function is not available " for direct wifi and soft ap options , I hope this clarify and narrow the problem.
Thank u very much for ur effort I really appreciate it.

Collapse -
Keep in mind
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 25, 2013 12:13 PM PDT
In reply to: more clarification

That because other things work does not mean a TV will. What's "soft AP"? If you mean some cell phone, that's a great test.

My rather new 3800 router had issues with the ipad. Everything else worked. Later the router maker issued a fix. For now, at under 20 feet try a cable connection.

Details are slim here but did it ever work?

Collapse -
the tv wifi was working
by Dr_MoooZ / May 25, 2013 10:22 PM PDT
In reply to: Keep in mind

With the same router and the same set, but when it was working the network menu didn't disappear after finding my wireless network SSID, it was allowing me to choose the network and enter my password , now it doesn't, neither direct wifi, or soft Ap options in network menu.
I didn't buy a wireless smart tv to connect it with cable, especially after 3 months of purchase date

Collapse -
Maybe some RESET is in order
by stef24x7 / May 26, 2013 12:38 AM PDT

I'm wondering if doing a reset on SMART HUB, and a reset to the TV back to default, (including a power-cycle) might help.

Or perhaps, calling SAMSUNG and determining how to force a FIRMWARE update again. Seems like the menu system itself is crashing, and that might have NOTHING to do with your WiFi router.

Another idea... If you live near someone that has similar service as you, ask if you could just borrow their router, or have them open up their security and see if you can connect to their router.

Collapse -
Opps Forgot - Why not chat online with a Support Rep?
by stef24x7 / May 26, 2013 12:41 AM PDT

Why not go online and chat with support about your TV

Collapse -
About "I didn't buy a wireless smart tv to connect it with..
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 26, 2013 12:53 AM PDT

WiFi is rather treacherous with it being wide open to interference and bugs galore in many routers. Not only that but these appliances have had odd things happen such as not liking some non-alphanumeric in SSIS, pass phrases or if the date/time is off.

I've covered most of what I've run into over in the CNET Networking Forum.

But you bring up a good question. How did the industry create such a mess?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.