Samsung

General discussion

Series 6, 40" LCD, Picture stuck on store demo!

by Sgt kaos / November 14, 2008 10:31 AM PST

Hey

Was wondering if you could help me i recently bought a series 6 samsung 40"lcd in roseblack. my problem is that my picture is constantly on 'store demo' this is shown when the 'info' button on the remote is pushed. Is there anyway of getting this off as i think its effecting the quality of the picture and e-modes reset after a short while. i have tried reseting through the menu system but this does not change it, is there another way of reseting to the factory settings as my tele was ex display and im not sure whos pushed what!, also should ibe hearing a popping sound now and then?

thanks for reading hope you can help me

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Series 6, 40" LCD, Picture stuck on store demo!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Series 6, 40" LCD, Picture stuck on store demo!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Store Mode
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 14, 2008 10:50 AM PST

The fix is pretty easy.

Push the volume button on the television set (not the remote) up once.

Then press the menu button (TV, not remote) for about 12 seconds.

It should flash once and go to dynamic mode (center, bottom of the screen), which will indicate that it is now in the "non-store-demo" mode, allowing you to save your picture settings, and access the menus.

Keep me posted!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Did not work for me
by armo8 / April 4, 2010 5:20 AM PDT
In reply to: Store Mode

Hey I tried the volume once then hold menu 12 seconds and it just flash as store mode again. I know I bought the last one of my tv model(series 6 630) from the store.

Collapse -
Guaranteed to WORK
by cubfeet / July 21, 2010 11:55 AM PDT
In reply to: Did not work for me

I also have a Series 6 Samsung Series 6 LCD TV. This will work because I just talked to a Samsung Tech, fixed my problem and now you can fix yours too.

1. With remote control, hit the source button and put it on "TV"
2. Then hit the "menu" button on the remote control
3. Scroll down to "Plug and Play" and hit 'enter'until pop-up Plug and Play menu comes on....there will be a start button on this pop-up, hit enter
4. Then a "Language" menu will come up...hit enter twice
5. Usage Mode menu comes up with 2 choices, pick Home Use and hit enter
6. Another P & P menu comes up with Antenna Source, etc., etc.
7. Turn TV off and back on again
8. Change back to the original source on which you watch TV.
9. Enjoy the show and say GOODBYE to Store Demo mode!

Collapse -
Seris 6 Samsung Store Demo Mode
by trenchb / October 2, 2010 1:08 PM PDT
In reply to: Guaranteed to WORK

Thank you. worked perfectly. much easier getting help from CNET forum than tech support or paper

Collapse -
RE: Guaranteed
by Vlo0305 / October 22, 2010 2:34 PM PDT

I'm glad you posted to put the source on TV because it doesn't work with the cable powered on. I just turned off all the power to everything, including cable and Blue Ray player, and then turned on only the TV. The remote buttons would not work but the ones on the TV screen did the trick. Thank goodness for your post.

Collapse -
tried this
by amandamason_ / November 11, 2010 7:07 AM PST

I successfully put it into home use, and after a few hours it returns to Store Demo!!
any suggestions?
I've also tried holding the volume and menu button on the tv, it changes to dynamic and again later returns to store demo.

Collapse -
Full Reset...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 11, 2010 9:59 AM PST
In reply to: tried this

amandamason,

Let's try a full reset.

With the TV on, press and hold the EXIT button for 15 seconds. You should be prompted to "Reset?" and choose YES. The B and C series will do a full reset (meaning that you'll also lose your picture and audio settings too!), but you'll go through the Plug and Play option, which gives you the specific choice for HOME or STORE use as you go through the initial set up.

Keep me posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks!
by amandamason_ / November 16, 2010 4:45 AM PST
In reply to: Full Reset...

So far so good!

I'll keep you updated if it pops up again.

Thanks so much!

Collapse -
Thanks!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 17, 2010 3:19 PM PST
In reply to: Thanks!

amandamason,

Great news! Thanks for posting back!

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks
by RichLash / August 6, 2012 7:22 AM PDT

I've never replied to one of these. but, now i just must. Many thanks for your solution to my 'store demo' problem. 'Store demo' gone, red button back Olympics on. It's got to be worth all the spam i'm now going to get. Ha ha Again Thanks

Collapse -
pin-code
by tenoren65 / January 28, 2013 4:19 AM PST

1. With remote control, hit the source button and put it on "TV"
2. Then hit the "menu" button on the remote control
3. Scroll down to "Plug and Play" and hit 'enter'until pop-up Plug and Play menu comes on....there will be a start button on this pop-up, hit enter

When I reach this point it asks for pin-code???

4. Then a "Language" menu will come up...hit enter twice
5. Usage Mode menu comes up with 2 choices, pick Home Use and hit enter
6. Another P & P menu comes up with Antenna Source, etc., etc.
7. Turn TV off and back on again
8. Change back to the original source on which you watch TV.
9. Enjoy the show and say GOODBYE to Store Demo mode!

Collapse -
Thank you, it DID work!
by EHPhotoGirl / July 8, 2013 2:37 PM PDT

My dad bought a brand new Samsung TV and unfortunately, I couldn't figure out how to get that annoying display off of the left side of the screen. I Googled it, found this thread and your awesome step-by-step instructions.

They worked like a charm! Thank you!

Collapse -
Help
by wcwboy78 / June 25, 2011 3:37 PM PDT

<b>Mines is like that but the light is sill on even though that the TV it self is on what can i do cause i got the TV in 2009 and we got from Best Buy. Confused </b>

Collapse -
Help
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 27, 2011 5:13 AM PDT
In reply to: Help

wcwboy78,

Collapse -
Awesome..
by Nimalen87 / August 25, 2012 6:55 PM PDT

Thanks a lot for your useful message.. i also had this problem for morethan 6 months.. now i have changed it to normal mode.. Cheersssssssssss

Collapse -
nice one
by MARKOLOL / April 22, 2013 4:30 AM PDT

nice one matey been waching in demo for about one year now and just red this and it worked for me it all sorted and not stuck in demo mode thank you very much for nyour time to write this up

Collapse -
UR LCD TV was a store Demo piece which was NOT for SALE
by kanchachink / February 21, 2009 7:52 PM PST

hi ,

Well im not sure if you will read this since i guess i saw this post now. N that too when we were finding if there are people who have been cheated into this.

the problem if STORE DEMO on INFO means , that that piece is provided by SSMSUNG to the store , free of cost to display.

If you buy a seal pack tv it will not show store demo.

We got to know this when one of my friends purchased a SAMSUNG LCD. he had the same problem. So we called up the samsung folks and visited thier office where they revaveled this fact to us .

We immediately lodged a complaint and sent a notice to NEXT from where he had pirchased the TV. withign a day the NEXT store keeper readuly agreed to replace the TV. THe new one does not show it.

Collapse -
Actually...
by geekchix / June 27, 2011 5:50 AM PDT

What store demo means is that the tv is set to be used as a display model in the store. Most of today's tvs have this mode, it's main advantages for the store is that it resets all settings back to defaults when the tv is turned off and turned on again so no matter how many customers have played with the unit, the tv just goes back to normal. The ads are just a side note to this which highlight features and comparisons etc while folks are browsing for tvs.

So no it doesn't mean your tv is different from anyone else's it simply means it was put in store demo(can also happen by accident) or by simply misreading the setting in plug and play setups.

Collapse -
Store Demo
by rudy94 / February 23, 2009 8:36 AM PST

You can accidentally put your TV in store demo mode also. Somehow my wife or son managed to after owning the TV for a couple months. You can't see the buttons on the side very well so it's easy to hit the wrong ones or sequence and...ta da...store demo mode.

Collapse -
series 8 LCD TV in store demo mode
by dotingranny / April 17, 2010 4:22 AM PDT
In reply to: Store Demo

My cat somehow put this on while chasing footballs on the screen. I eventually sorted it out with advice on this forum. Many thanks to all.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Know how to save a wet phone?

It's not with a dryer and it's not with rice. CNET shows you the secret to saving your phone.