Speakeasy forum

General discussion

Senator Reid telling more lies today

by James Denison / November 29, 2012 1:12 AM PST

But, what else is new. Nothing like Reid being Reid to engender more gridlock. Thank you Reid. Don't give up anything, always demand everything, then blame everyone else for lack of compromise. You and Obama are two peas in a pod. Idiot.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Senator Reid telling more lies today
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Senator Reid telling more lies today
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
(NT) What lies?
by Diana Forum moderator / December 2, 2012 10:16 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Please don't spoil a good rant by asking for details.
by grimgraphix / December 2, 2012 11:02 AM PST
In reply to: What lies?
Collapse -
(NT) I'm just a spoil sport
by Diana Forum moderator / December 2, 2012 11:06 AM PST
Collapse -
Or you mean...
by James Denison / December 2, 2012 9:31 PM PST

...by actually using the brain God gave you to reason it out, correctly.

Collapse -
by James Denison / December 2, 2012 9:31 PM PST
In reply to: What lies?

...is claiming that Republicans are the ones responsible for gridlock. It's the White House being unreasonable in it's desire for a huge increase in spending and huge increase in taxes all at the same time. It's the Republicans who have said some tax increases are OK so long as there are cuts to also aid in balancing the budget. Reid is out there trying to bamboozle everyone into believing the Republicans are being obstinate, when really it's Obama and the Democrats.

Collapse -
(NT) Thank you
by Diana Forum moderator / December 2, 2012 9:46 PM PST
In reply to: The LIE
Collapse -
SOME Republicans have said that...
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 2:07 AM PST
Collapse -
My, my
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 2:32 AM PST

Boehner has taken a page right out of Reid's playbook...........how's it feel?

Collapse -
Feels like you're acknowledging Boehner is responsible
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 3:10 AM PST
In reply to: My, my

Maybe James will be next to get his head out of the sand.

Collapse -
Responsible for what?
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 3:45 AM PST

For being 'fiscally responsible' and wanting the cuts along with the revenue BO wants? If that's what you mean, then more power to him for standing firm.

Now, if you mean responsible for gridlock by refusing to bring something to a vote, then you must agree that Reid has been doing it for four years already.

Collapse -
One has nothing to do with the other
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 4:08 AM PST
In reply to: Responsible for what?

Boehner is blocking this matter from coming to a vote. It has nothing to do with anything Reid may or may not have done previously.

Collapse -
OK...shoe's on the other
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 4:15 AM PST

foot so it's bad.......but it's been good for four years.

Collapse -
And now you reaffirm....
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 4:44 AM PST

.....your previous acknowledgment that John Boehner and the Republicans are the ones blocking a vote on the "fiscal cliff."

Collapse -
And until BO
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 5:12 AM PST

comes back with an offer that's not ridiculous on the amount of cutting he will do, I hope Boehner keeps blocking it. I do not want to see the same crap that the Dems pulled on both Reagan and Bush 41 with tax increases and the cuts never showed up.

Collapse -
RE: the cuts never showed up
by JP Bill / December 3, 2012 5:29 AM PST
In reply to: And until BO

Unless they're cuts to the military?

Collapse -
by James Denison / December 3, 2012 5:35 AM PST

I already have my head looking hopefully at the fiscal cliff considering it hits both sides somewhat equally and lets both continue to blame each other and do nothing, which pretty well describes the past 4 years.

Collapse -
You calling Toni a liar?
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 5:25 AM PST

She admits it's Boehner and the Republicans doing the blocking.

Collapse -
Are you admitting that Reid
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 6:08 AM PST

pulled this same play for four years consistently and created the gridlock but blamed Republicans every time? As far as I know, this is the first time the Republicans have done it and I say it's about damn time. It's also time for the Dems to actually get serious about compromise and come up with their plan on cuts, dump the joke of BO having unlimited authority to raise the national debt ceiling, dump the joke of increased stimulus money in this deal, AND dump the demand for $1.6T in increased taxes and go back to the $800B he campaigned on for a full year.

Do you really expect that the House will agree to this crap?

Collapse -
No, I am not admitting any of that
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 10:00 PM PST

Please stop trying to deflect, Toni.

Collapse -
(NT) Deflect from what? The facts?
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 10:36 PM PST
Collapse -
The topic....
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 11:19 PM PST

....which is James's (now debunked by both you and me) claim that Harry Reid is the one gumming up the works on the "fiscal cliff" issue.

Collapse -
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 11:44 PM PST
In reply to: The topic....

isn't the one who is gumming up the works, Josh.........BO started that with his crap and Boehner refused to present it for a vote because it was ridiculous and unrealistic.....why waste the time that's needed to HONESTLY negotiate? Reid HAD lied right off the bat by saying it was the Republicans holding it up when no offer had even been presented yet......he made the presumptive strike with that comment and THEN BO gave Geithner the 'proposal' and THEN Boehner refused to take it to a vote........and THEN Boehner presented the Republican's proposal which was barely even looked at because it was immediately turned down by the Dems. BTW, the proposal that Geithner turned up with is the identical bill that BO presented TWICE to the SENATE and NOT ONE DEM VOTED FOR IT EITHER TIME.

Collapse -
I did not put it all off on Reid
by James Denison / December 4, 2012 2:14 AM PST
In reply to: The topic....

I singled him out as one of the crew involved in it, mostly at the time because of his pusillanimous speech.

Collapse -
by James Denison / December 4, 2012 2:18 AM PST

strike pusillanimous, replace with reprehensible.

Collapse -
On news right now!
by James Denison / December 3, 2012 6:22 AM PST

GOP makes a counter offer and offers 800 billion in new tax revenue, medicare rise to age 67, allow "vouchers" like the Democrats want, among other offers. I predict BO will run to a camera somewhere and slander them again, just like he and Reid have been doing already.

Collapse -
The GOP "counteroffer".....
by Josh K / December 3, 2012 9:59 PM PST
In reply to: On news right now!

......is still less than they were offering before the election they lost. They seem to need a few lessons in civics and negotiation.

Collapse -
As opposed to BO's offer
by TONI H / December 3, 2012 10:35 PM PST

that was not only three times more than what he campaigned on but now wants supreme authority over the debt ceiling? Gimme a break...........BO has never negotiated......he has done nothing but demand since day one four years ago.

Collapse -
Obama won the election
by Josh K / December 4, 2012 1:41 AM PST

That means he has the will of the people on his side. Boehner does not. The Republicans lost seats in both the House and Senate. Perhaps they need to be reminded who won this election and who lost, and what winning does for one's negotiating position vs. losing.

Collapse -
Negotiating does not
by TONI H / December 4, 2012 2:09 AM PST
In reply to: Obama won the election

mean 'breaking the backs' of the Republicans, Josh. He didn't win by a huge majority either. And no matter how many seats were won or lost in Congress, the Republicans WON the House. AND the HOUSE controls the money no matter what. You may not like it, but the House still counts so BO does not have complete control like you might like to think......nor what HE believes.

Collapse -
How many elected leaders in DC?
by James Denison / December 4, 2012 2:23 AM PST
In reply to: Obama won the election

Just THE ONE???

No, we have "representatives". There are 100 Senators and around 450 House members. You telling me that just one President and what he wants is worth more than 550+ other elected lawmaking representatives "we the people" sent there to represent us, in all our various states?

Obama may think himself a King, and the other elected officials as his "councilors", but he'd be wrong.

Has he convinced you he's a King? Is that what you want, a totalitarian govt?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.