Headphones & Mp3 Players forum

General discussion

Seeking MP3 Player with good rewind button

by yacovdavid / June 28, 2007 12:36 AM PDT

Can someone recommend an mp3 player with the following features?
1. Excellent rewind button (I'm using it to learn a foreign language, so I'm constantly rewinding).
2. Not too expensive (1GB is fine).
3. Highly desirable but not absolutely necessary: recharges through the USB port. (This is because I'm planning to go overseas, where batteries are expensive and electricity is at a higher voltage.)

I recently bought the Creative Zen Stone but the rewind button was broken on it--tried another, and that was broken too.

Appreciate your input--thanks!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Seeking MP3 Player with good rewind button
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Seeking MP3 Player with good rewind button
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Try the Zen V or V Plus
by compguru13 / July 1, 2007 3:11 PM PDT

I know at the local Walmart, the Zen V (1 Gig model) goes for around $75, it would let you categorize the language based on subjects, and it recharges through the USB port. Also, if you hold, not just push, the control stick to the left, it will rewind extremely well. In my opinion, this would fit all the requirements you listed, and probably a few extra.

Collapse -
another good mp3 player
by yacovdavid / July 1, 2007 3:29 PM PDT

Thanks for your recommendation. As it turns out, in the meantime I bought a Sansa m240 and I'm pleased with it (it uses an aaa battery, but seems to conserve its power well). It also goes for about $70, but suddenly OFfice Depot had it on sale for $40, so I grabbed it.

This model also saves where you're up to after it turns off, turns itself off (so you can fall asleep while it's playing and it won't play all night) and the rewind and fast forward buttons are clever in that for the first few minutes they scroll through they go slowly and then speed up dramatically.

So we both seem to have gotten good deals.

Collapse -
Ramos Q13
by ashlyxia / July 9, 2007 11:00 PM PDT

RAMOS Q13 may fit you.
main function: 1.5-inch TFT color display, Aluminium Metal shell ultrathin, play mp3 music, mp4 moive, JPEG picture browse, TF card slot, voice recording, taxt, 8EQ, A-B repeat, 15 languages, rechargeable lithium battery long life.
1GB price is competitive
Sourcing from here

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.