Small business & Startups forum

General discussion

Security system

by jkaczmarek / August 27, 2009 12:58 AM PDT

I'm doing some research to create a program and am interested in learning if anyone is currently using a security system. If so, what type? What are the benefits of your current security system? what would you like to have that your current system doesn't provide?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Security system
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Security system
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
What do you mean with a security system?
by Kees Bakker / August 27, 2009 1:31 AM PDT
In reply to: Security system

Parental control?
Fingerprint or iris or chipcard controlled access?
Encryption of sensitive data?
Physical lock for laptop?
Passwords on accounts?
Policies to restrict usage of Windows?
ActiveX to restrict access to resources?
DRM on documents?
https-access to the company site?
video camera's?
or more?

Collapse -
by jkaczmarek / August 27, 2009 1:47 AM PDT

Thanks for asking - more specifically, I mean security for your place of business - so that could be video cameras, alarms . . . I'd like to know what people are using

Collapse -
Security systems
by tomasbrown77 / November 1, 2010 11:04 PM PDT
In reply to: clarification

Hey jkaczmarek! If it's not too late I have a small office and I have purchased the smallest package from this company
It contains 3 CCTV cameras and fire alarm - so far so good!

Collapse -
security systems
by ittumehta / February 15, 2013 5:19 PM PST
In reply to: Security system

hi jkaczmarek ,
Actually, I don't know anything about that but right now i am surfing a site i.e.
which looks like very impressive so you can go through with it. I also need some systems that is why i am surfing this and i hope that might be very helpful for you.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.