Spyware, Viruses, & Security forum

Resolved Question

Search Deals by Injekt - How Can I Remove This??

by allypad64 / January 7, 2013 7:35 AM PST

Every time I do a search with Google or Ebay, I get this annoying Search Deals by Injekt results at the top. I don't know how to get rid of it. When I click on it, it tells me that I can get rid of it by going into extensions (it isn't there), or going into control panel and remove programs (it isn't there) or to go into program files and remove it (it isn't there). I can't find where it is. If anyone has any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate hearing them because this is very annoying...

allypad64 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Search Deals by Injekt - How Can I Remove This??
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Search Deals by Injekt - How Can I Remove This??
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
Still need helpwith the Injekt issue -
by momomed1 / March 25, 2013 5:10 AM PDT

I don't have either the unfriend app or the sales app. But I still have the Injekt rider on every search. Has anyone dealt with that?

Collapse -
Still no solution.
by cicisicily / October 24, 2013 8:02 AM PDT

I have neither of the apps mentioned below but I am still dealing with these insufferable pop-ups. I've checked my recent apps,and extensions and nothing seems out of the ordinary, someone please help.

Collapse -
Have you tried
by Blue_Zee / October 24, 2013 8:58 AM PDT
In reply to: Still no solution.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by allypad64

Collapse -
Search Deals by Injekt - possible solution
by lisajpink / January 8, 2013 3:27 AM PST

I was searching for the same thing today. When I didn't see any answers I tried removing some plug-ins or apps that I've recently installed.

The Search Deals by Injekt disappeared when I uninstalled the Unfriend App that I installed a couple of weeks ago. It's an app that alerts you when someone unfriends you on Facebook. I thought it would be interesting to see if I'm ever unfriended by anyone but certainly don't care so I uninstalled the app today and the annoying Injekt thing is gone.

I also removed a plug in from Shop at Home which I don't use and recently installed. I believe the Injekt thing was still popping up after I removed that but it's worth mentioning.

I don't know if that will help anyone but my searches are much less annoying now.

Collapse -
above post
by lisajpink / January 8, 2013 3:34 AM PST

Just to clarify - I first uninstalled the shop at home plug in and I believe the Injekt issue was still happening in both Chrome and Firefox.

Then I uninstalled the Unfriend App and the issue disappeared from both browsers. After reading some disclaimers on their site I'm pretty positive that app is what caused the issue for me.

So perhaps it is the same app or similar problem for everyone else. Check your plug ins and new apps.

Collapse -
by allypad64 / January 8, 2013 5:58 AM PST

I did install that app! That is the key - right there...It is hidden in that app. Thank you so much - I actually thought that might have been the culprit, but I dismissed it.

Thanks for the heads up Lisa....mucho appreciated!!

Collapse -
by JadedMyst / January 9, 2013 11:57 PM PST

Thanks so much, it worked. the search din't show up right away, as i have had unfriend installed for sometimes. must be something they added last week... no mattr, removing the unfriend app worked.

Collapse -
Deleting Search Deals by Injekt
by tjzbiz / January 10, 2013 1:14 AM PST

Thanks to Lisa's(lisajpink) post .......Finally a delete fix for the Search Deals By Injekt ad search in your browser. Deleting the Unfriend App that I installed in for Facebook took care of the Search Deals By Injekt.

I appreciate your post Lisa.....always good to know that someone else had the same problem and was able to figure out a fix.

Terry Happy

Collapse -
Thank You So Much!
by telecomviking / January 10, 2013 12:43 PM PST

This was killing me!

Thank you for this simple remedy!

Collapse -
This worked for me
by webmarketingadvantage / January 11, 2013 11:59 AM PST

Thanks very much! I had tried everything including searching for a file with name Search Deals or injekt and came up with nothing. I then used several products to scan for adware and found nothing. But removing the unfriend app did it! I'd like to know if/when I'm unfriended but for sure it's more important to get rid of that annoying interference with search.

Collapse -
true!!!!! unfriend is the culprit
by a-whodat1 / January 22, 2013 2:22 PM PST

I just added unfriend too. When I saw this, I KNEW it was the problem Lisa!!! You are DA BOMB!!!!!!

Collapse -
Need assistance in this area also.
by myday9_7 / January 7, 2013 1:48 PM PST

I hopes someone responds; as I just recently started seeing this advertisment. I'm seeing this along with dingo deals.

Collapse -
How I removed Dingo Deals
by gimenoem / November 7, 2013 4:56 PM PST

It was a browser add-on that was causing Dingo Deals to show up on my browser.
Even if I removed it from Chrome, it would show up again.

Uninstall was not possible through windows.

I found it at:
Running the uninstaller.exe in this folder removed Tube Dimmer and the Dingo Deals problem is now resolved.

Collapse -
Thank you, will check addons again
by mariannacat / November 8, 2013 8:41 AM PST

I did not download chrome but will check firefox again. Thought I had then all.

Collapse -
Check The Location Mentioned
by Grif Thomas Forum moderator / November 9, 2013 3:47 AM PST

As the poster stated:

I found it at:
Running the uninstaller.exe in this folder removed Tube Dimmer and the Dingo Deals problem is now resolved.

Hope this helps.

Collapse -
by mariannacat / November 10, 2013 12:28 PM PST

I tried your suggestions and could not find the file using this method.

Than I ran 1 more spybot search (free one) it it found it where you said it was (it was hidden??) but now, and I am crossing my fingers, it is not on 2 sites it haunted so hopefully it is gone for good,

It was in a Win32 directory and didn't show up in the untill method or a file/program search but spybot discovered it on the 4th scan and it was somewhere in firefox.

Collapse -
Spoke to soon, it is still here
by mariannacat / November 11, 2013 1:11 AM PST
In reply to: YES!!!!!

As I noted above, I thought it was gone but when I logged on this morning it was back.

Any future help is still appreciated.

Collapse -
by telecomviking / January 7, 2013 1:58 PM PST

I have been searching for an answer as well, without success.

Collapse -
by Blue_Zee / January 7, 2013 4:39 PM PST
Collapse -
by Blue_Zee / January 7, 2013 4:46 PM PST
In reply to: Maybe
Collapse -
Didn't Find It
by allypad64 / January 7, 2013 9:09 PM PST
In reply to: Oops...

Thanks for trying to help - I ran that program and it didn't find it Sad I've also ran adaware and malwarebytes with no success...WTH?? I hope someone comes along and can help me find this ******...

Collapse -
Tell us
by Blue_Zee / January 7, 2013 10:12 PM PST
In reply to: Didn't Find It

The browser you are using.

Collapse -
by IDP1920 / January 12, 2013 3:02 AM PST
In reply to: Tell us

Collapse -
Thank You.
by EweWish / February 25, 2013 5:12 AM PST

I have been so frustrated trying to find a cure for that and you answered it. I just downloaded that unfriend app just so I could send a thank you letter to anyone who unfriended me.......lol so i really didnt need it Thanks again. It also looks like it cleared the problem with a pop up about my media player being out of date everytime i tried to open a new window from an another link. SO A VERY BIG THANK YOU!!!

Collapse -
Remove Deals By Injekt and Others
by Irokk1974 / March 3, 2013 2:22 AM PST

I had this same problem. I was also getting other popups from electricmustache.com, mashable.com, Dingo Deals and others on eBay. I had no luck running my anti-virus, Spybot, or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. I finally discovered it was a program my daughter downloaded to see when friends "unfriended" her on Facebook....FriendFinder. After deleting it, the popups stopped immediately. Go to Start>Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs and look for FriendFinder. Worked for me!!!!!

Collapse -
to remove SEARCH DEALS BY INJEKT < avast-browser-cleanup.exe
by Timofiev Ivanovich Borsoi / April 30, 2013 11:10 AM PDT

Download the free avast! Browser Cleanup tool here: https://blog.avast.com/2013/03/20/avast-browser-cleanup-at-work/

After you have the exe, close your browsers and run it. Select Chrome as the browser to clean. The program will list the add-ins, toolbars, extensions that it can disable or remove. The one that poisoned my pc was VIDEO DOWNLOADER PRO After it was removed, the damned SEARCH DEALS BY INJEKT disappeared from my google searches.

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove direct executable link and replaced with link to Avast cleanup tool page on 05/01/2013 at 9:19 AM PT

Collapse -
Tried suggested link, safety programs blocked it
by mariannacat / November 3, 2013 10:49 AM PST

I have a couple of protections programs and they all blocked the download you are suggesting at avast.browser-cleaner.exe! Any ideas why it would be considered unsafe?

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET bought a house!

Take a look inside the house where we will be testing connected locks, thermostats and other smart home products so we can tell a complete story.