Samsung forum

General discussion

Screen is pink on LCD TV in HDMI 1 port

by MattShae / February 22, 2009 1:23 AM PST

I have a new Samsung 630 version LCD tv. When I plug the HDMI cable into the HDMI 1 port, the screen turns pink. Also, when Comcast guy plugged in his HDMI cable, it made a funny noise on and off. When it's in HDMI port 2 it's fine. Should I return the TV or is there something to fix this? I am using a Phillips $80 HDMI cord. Please help if you can.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Screen is pink on LCD TV in HDMI 1 port
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Screen is pink on LCD TV in HDMI 1 port
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Pink Screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 23, 2009 10:27 AM PST

MattShae,

Usually when there is a pink screen, it's an indication that the source sending the signal to the television isn't set to send the signal through HDMI. It may be set to send the video component. Try switching the output of the source to HDMI Out and let me know.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Pink screen samsung 7900
by Gogar1 / January 15, 2012 12:35 AM PST
In reply to: Pink Screen

We've got a new Samsung 7900 LED Smart TV. It was set up yesterday by a professional installer recommended by our local specialty home theater store where we bought the TV. We managed to work through a very frustrating hours-long issue with the audio (used the "signal select" button on the new receiver remote to change from A to H); I'm not sure this was a Samsung issue or not, and not the reason why I'm writing. Just thought I would mention it.

My equally as frustrating problem now is the pink screen when viewing HD channels. I've tried every conceivable setting on the cable box, focusing on the "resolution output" setting. When set to 1080p I can get one HD channel to work properly, but when I change channels it goes back to the sickening pink screen.

I'm not sure I know what you mean by "switching the Source to HDMI Out." I haven't yet talked to my installer about the pink screen issue, however, I plan to, plus the tv salesman and cable provider Time Warner, which adds to my growing frustration with this TV purchase.

I'm fairly certain the system was configured properly. Our second tv (2005 Hitachi workhorse) works fine. Any other suggestions on fixing the pink tv problem?

Collapse -
In this case, why not send it back to said retailer?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 15, 2012 12:56 AM PST

They didn't deliver a satisfactory system. Make it simple. Don't put much time into this. They didn't deliver.
Bob

Collapse -
Pink screen on LCD TV
by gutterboy2ca / February 20, 2010 7:56 AM PST

Hope this Helps, your not alone, i'm in an ongoing battle with Sony right now to determine the prob, mine started doing it a couple weeks into owning the TV.I believe its definately HDMI Port Related, just going thru a few diff options to pinpoint the solution.My TV is a 52 Sony 52V5100 series, they just gave me a replacement set, and second time it came on, it was Pink,diff HDMI port then i was using,i have since switched out to a $20 RCA FLAT HDMI cable from Superstore here in canada, have not seen it again.Here is a link to my Youtube Vid of my set in motion,will try to keep you posted,feel free to comment on the youtube vid,i may be able to track you down to help easier,Thanks Brian.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90fmTA3-_MU

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.