How To forum


Screen adjustment with older tv with new use

by trinityalpsman / April 7, 2013 2:50 PM PDT

I need help with an old RCA television model number F19251GY that I am attempting to us as a monitor for a new camera dvr home security system. I just bought a camera dvr system, but I want to use this old television as the monitor for viewing the cameras. This tv has the component connectors on the rear of the tv, but the screen screen size is missing part of the display of the cameras along the outside edge of the television. Is there any way to adjust the screen size (vertical and horizontal) for this television. I have checked the menu for tv and looked up manuals for it, but I have not found anything. Actually I have only been able to find a manual for the RCA F19205GY television not the F19251GY tv. It is a great tv and will work fine for this purpose, if I can adjust the screen size. Thank you for your help!!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Screen adjustment with older tv with new use
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Screen adjustment with older tv with new use
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 7, 2013 3:01 PM PDT

Such an adjustment might be in your video or quad processor. Look for units like " CCTV Color Quad Splitter Processor " and check the manuals as most do scaling.

Collapse -
thank you but I am a little confused......
by trinityalpsman / April 8, 2013 10:43 AM PDT
In reply to: Maybe

Are you saying that the adjustment might be in the software that controls the DVR? If so, I did look though every control in the DVR software and I did not find any adjustment there either............... But, I will double check again and look for "CCTV color splitter processor". Thanks for your suggestion!

Collapse -
In the CCTV world.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 8, 2013 10:47 AM PDT

They use a CCTV monitor that shows the image plus the overscan. You seem to think a common TV would adjust but it does not so we have to shrink the image in some video processor. Frankly I think you should fit a different lens on the CCTV to pull back a little so you can use what you have.

The CCTV lens for the usual cameras are pretty cheap compared to displays and video processors.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 51,224 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,453 discussions
Laptops 20,090 discussions
Security 30,722 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,937 discussions
Windows 10 1,295 discussions
Phones 16,252 discussions
Windows 7 7,684 discussions
Networking & Wireless 15,215 discussions

Finding the best 360 camera

GoPro, Pixpro, or Ricoh?

You can spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on a 360-degree camera. We tested three of them to find out what kind of quality and ease of use you can expect at each price point.