Audio & Video Software forum

General discussion

Satellite Direct

by FirefoxRocks61 / November 8, 2009 5:15 AM PST

This is my first time posting to the CNET forums. I think this is the appropriate forum to post in and this is a question, not an intent to advertise something.

Has anyone used this before? If so, would you recommend it? There is not a lot of information on it, and the help file is vague in my opinion. There are three 5-star ratings at the bottom of the page but they are not linked to the reviews and I don't know where they are from.

It costs $55.15 CDN and I think it's one of those Internet TV services. Is it worth a try or no?

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Satellite Direct
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Satellite Direct
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by ahtoi / November 8, 2009 11:26 PM PST
In reply to: Satellite Direct

What does your gut feeling tell you? Mine says to "stay away". My logic says it just can't be done (get rid of my cable..I love to if I could, hehe).

Collapse -
by rjunique / January 23, 2010 6:42 AM PST

Well first of all its www.SatelliteDirect.COM not .tv, that's a third party site. I haven't tried it but a client of mine has and says it works pretty good. They're always updating channels, some are blank but there's still thousands of them he said.

Collapse -
by rjunique / January 23, 2010 6:45 AM PST
In reply to: SatelliteDirect
Collapse -
Satellie Direct... Pretty Good Track Record
by byron1955 / March 9, 2010 1:19 AM PST

Satellite Direct software package has a pretty good track record in keeping refunds to a minimum. I should know because I sell several of the top leading brands on the market today and have access to their consumer purchase/refund transactions as an affiliate.

I'm not here to sell or boast how magnificent this product is because it's really not, neither are the other top brands out there. But they do serve a purpose based on each individual's needs. Do these products really work? Let's say some better than others and some offer more perks and better feature enhancements.

The misconception is (which is a marketing ploy) that these products deliver free paid premium Satellite/Cable TV channels when in fact they don't. It would be illegal if they did. Satellite Direct makes that crystal clear on their website. I always say 'you get the next best thing to paid TV instead'. That keeps everything REAL.

But considering few of the downfalls, such as some channel blurriness at times, channels come and go, and a rare crash can occur on any given PC during the download/installation process, Satellite Direct seems to hold its own and one of the most sought after software packages (perhaps this has something to do with it being compatible to both MAC and PC.

In my opinion, if any one is seeking to try one of these products, it's better to go after a top leading brand. I don't entirely listen to what other people have to say (at least not all the time). Instead, I'll try the product myself after research and if it doesn't work for me, then I simply get my money back which I have done so in the pass.

Collapse -
Not very good
by Katz123456 / March 23, 2010 7:50 AM PDT

you can get the same thing that they sell for free on some other sites if you look for it. I did and found and it actually works.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.