Samsung

General discussion

Samsung youtube not working

by mk122 / July 20, 2011 1:01 AM PDT

Model: le40c6750

youtube was working yesterday but today opens but is not showing any videos even though connected to the internet

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung youtube not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung youtube not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Youtube not working after update today morning
by Avyv / July 20, 2011 4:00 AM PDT

Hello,

Collapse -
Now that's a different issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2011 4:06 AM PDT

After updates I find I need to log out of youtube and re-login. Maybe the ambassador knows the steps.
Bob

Collapse -
Now that's a different issue.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 20, 2011 4:22 AM PDT

R. Proffitt,

Collapse -
"Ouch"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2011 4:33 AM PDT

At least they know who/what to ping next.

Collapse -
(NT) Is there any way to communicate this to YouTube?
by GBWalkman / July 21, 2011 1:09 AM PDT
Collapse -
samsung
by BPEMOHT / December 5, 2013 11:31 AM PST

I'm surprised that no one from Samsung came up with a cold, hard truth - that Samsung only supports TV's apps for 2 years. For example NO TV's from 2012 and earlier will get ANY software updates in 2013.

I know that because my friend works in the company that makes streaming app for Samsung (among other tv platforms)

Why these Samsung techs keep asking us to reset password and firmware when the KNOW that NO TV's from 2012 and earlier will get ANY software updates in 2013 INCLUDING YOUTUBE APP???

THERE WONT BE ANY UPDATE FOR YOUTUBE APP ON 2012 AND EARLIER SAMSUNG TV.

Collapse -
youtube
by BPEMOHT / December 5, 2013 11:33 AM PST

I'm surprised that no one from Samsung came up with a cold, hard truth - that Samsung only supports TV's apps for 2 years. For example NO TV's from 2012 and earlier will get ANY software updates in 2013.

I know that because my friend works in the company that makes streaming app for Samsung (among other tv platforms)

Why these Samsung techs keep asking us to reset password and firmware when the KNOW that NO TV's from 2012 and earlier will get ANY software updates in 2013 INCLUDING YOUTUBE APP???

THERE WONT BE ANY UPDATE FOR YOUTUBE APP ON 2012 AND EARLIER SAMSUNG TV.

Collapse -
same issue
by IMTools / July 20, 2011 8:44 AM PDT

my youtube is not working aswell, it goes to the youtube screen then nothing its as if it crashed. I do remember a youtube update and now nothing. Am in the UK but found a way to get youtube through the tv:

Collapse -
by mk122 / July 20, 2011 11:07 AM PDT
In reply to: same issue

IMTOOLS,

Thnx worked for me

Collapse -
Same issue
by aiwo9999 / July 20, 2011 1:39 PM PDT

I am in Australia and my youtube not working either after the update yesterday. I can't see a yahoo app.

Collapse -
Same Issue here.
by Tewbacca / July 20, 2011 9:36 PM PDT
In reply to: Same issue

I too am in Australia. Turned on the TV tonight and the You tube updated, now all I can do is return or exit. I haven't got Yahoo on my model so now what?????

Collapse -
Samsung Youtube not working after update today morning
by Avyv / July 21, 2011 3:11 AM PDT

Thanks IMTools!

Collapse -
Same Issue
by Hs121 / July 21, 2011 1:45 PM PDT

Thanks IMTools for ur help but we can't find youtube app on yahoo.Can u guide us how to find this app on yahoo?

Collapse -
Yahoo APPS - WIDGET GALLERY
by IMTools / July 21, 2011 11:57 PM PDT
In reply to: Same Issue

On widget gallery on yahoo apps menu it should appear on the featured apps just highlight it and thats it your done

Collapse -
SAMSUNG HDTV YOUTUBE ALTERNATIVE FIX
by IMTools / July 21, 2011 11:49 PM PDT

I just uploaded a video to my youtube channel

Samsung HDTV Youtube Fix

additional info

download yahoo app from samsung apps - information

hope this helps but i would prefer if youtube to fix there original app.

Joseph Bison

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove signature link which is prohibited in these forums. on 07/22/2011 at 12:05 PM PT

Collapse -
Youtube not working after upgrade for me too after upgrade
by kpv77777 / July 21, 2011 8:00 AM PDT

Youtube upgraded automatically to version 3.1411 and after that it is UNUSABLE. It just has blank screen with menu on left. All keys are locked and you just have to exit the app. I tried deleting/reinstalling several times, re-registering youtube login/pswd etc etc - nothing helps

Collapse -
Samsung youtube not working
by sam_from_it / July 21, 2011 7:44 PM PDT

Same problem here after update. App's frozen. Dis/re-install to no avail.

Collapse -
Same issue here since updating on 21/07/2010
by allan_s1 / July 21, 2011 8:54 PM PDT

I'm really disappointed with YouTube/Samsung on this one. Its the app I use most on the TV Angry

Collapse -
Youtube Update finally worked
by Avyv / July 22, 2011 4:19 AM PDT

If you have not tried it already, there was a Youtube update today morning that finally fixed the problem !! Hooray!!

Collapse -
Fixed with latest update on youtube
by kpv77777 / July 22, 2011 6:04 AM PDT

Today youtube app was updated to version 3.1421 and it is working fine now

Collapse -
YouTube App Fixed
by allan_s1 / July 22, 2011 9:07 PM PDT

Yep the fixed version of the YouTube app installed as soon as I launched Internet TV today on my set. Grin

Collapse -
Samsung BD-C6500 Internet TV apps Not working
by manjiraa / July 23, 2011 7:19 AM PDT

<div><div><span><span> This may be wrong place to Post.I don't know But On My new Samsung DVD BD C6500 blue ray player,after latest software upgrade on July22,11 in auto mode,It deleted existing Internet apps like Youtube,Pandora upon DVD player power On today.Per Rep ,You have to manually add in each apps.password changes accepts but login to I'net apps manager do not allow to enter account twice.Spent 2 hrs with Samsung Live support chat Rep "Benjamin".It just do not show free apps or paid apps menu.I can get connected to Internet thru dvd player,Reset to factory default mode twice- but did Not help.I Finally gave up.may be I'll return unit !anyone else/existing user have this problem ?Hope Samsung dvd software engr are working !Thanks.
</div></div>

Collapse -
by manjiraa / July 23, 2011 7:31 AM PDT

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.