Samsung

General discussion

Samsung UNB6000 does not recognize ASUS N71JQ Laptop?!

by phibaman / August 5, 2010 5:09 PM PDT

I've tried nearly everything. Turning the tv off, start laptop first (and vice versa) and other combinations. I've refreshed to tv to find the device but nothing is ever found. I've tried to rename the HDMI input name. I've tried all HDMI ports and still connection is found.

The strange thing is my laptop recognizes the tv as it is shown in the Desktops & Displays of the Catalyst Control Center Interfaces.

My TV however picks up nothing on the screen and when I refresh it to search for new devices, its does not find the laptop hooked up to it.This appears to be a failure on the TV's part to recognize the laptop. The HDMI Cable is not defective because I have used it to connect my PS3 to it and it works just fine. So that leads me to determine if my there is a software patch update to my TV, specifically to read this laptop.

I have searched all over the net and cannot find any updates for a SAMSUNG UNB6000 LED TV.

Any clues or suggestions anyone? There's no firewall or protection feature on the tv that I have to reset right?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UNB6000 does not recognize ASUS N71JQ Laptop?!
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UNB6000 does not recognize ASUS N71JQ Laptop?!
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Display
by jw650 / August 5, 2010 7:03 PM PDT

You didn't mention whether you'd switched the laptop display to the HDMI port. There is often a function key to do this.

Collapse -
Laptop HDTV Display
by phibaman / August 6, 2010 7:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Display

Yes, I have tried switching the display using the function keys between the two devices.
1. I tried the make the TV as my primary display. did not work.
2. I have also tried to extend the screen from my laptop to TV
display. this did not work as well.

The problem clearly is that the TV does not recognize the laptop for some reason but the laptop acknowledges that there is a TV display. Are there some settings with my laptop that I have to change?

And for the second poster, ues I have tried the edit the hdmi port names to "PC, DVI, etc." and all of them do not seem to work.

This is very strange. Is my TV defective? Is there updates to fix this issue from Samsung?

Collapse -
Samsung UNB6000 does not recognize ASUS N71JQ Laptop?!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 6, 2010 5:49 AM PDT

phibaman,

You might also Edit the Name of your input. To do this using the remote, push:

MENU > INPUT > EDIT NAME > "PC" (or you can also try "IPTV")...

...to see if that allows the signal to go through. But by default, I would try editing the name of the input to PC and then going back to the computer to see if you can send the signal.

If you get a message that says, "Mode Not Available", then change resolutions to one listed in the manual that supports a PC signal.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Editing HDMI input names
by phibaman / August 9, 2010 2:27 AM PDT

Yes, I have already tried editing the HDMI input names. None of the options work.

The Samsung UNB6000 does not seem to pick up any signal from my laptop for some reason. Is there a patch or software update that I would need to install for the tv so that it is able to recognize it?

What other solutions can I look into so that I can resolve this issue?

Collapse -
Editing HDMI input names
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 9, 2010 6:30 PM PDT

phibaman,

The only update I can think of would be to check your video card for an updated driver or software update - or perhaps try a different HDMI cable. Unfortunately, that's all I have to offer.

--HDTech

Collapse -
HDMI Cable
by phibaman / August 12, 2010 6:22 AM PDT

I've tried different HDMI cables and I've updated the most recent drivers for my video card. This problem still occurs and I cannot get the display to show on my HD TV.

Is there another Samsung Representative that may be able to assist with this issue?

Collapse -
HDMI Cable
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 12, 2010 5:41 PM PDT
In reply to: HDMI Cable

phibaman,

Yes there is. I'm sorry I wasn't able to solve the issue.

The Samsung customer service center can be reached at 800-SAMSUNG, and they may be able to assist.

One last attempt would be to make sure that you have the latest drivers for your video card. Catalyst seems to do a pretty good job at that, but you might want to check for updates.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.