Samsung forum

Samsung UN60es7500 problems Please help !

by Orenmoving / November 10, 2012 6:51 AM PST

Thanks for reading.

I just got the Samsung smart tv 3D UN60ES7500
I shipped it to Europe and I could not get a picture
From the cable box. .....

This guy told me that its a PAL/NTSC issue ... But
I'm using an HDMI cable to connect it.
With HDMI cable I should not have this PAL/NTSC issue right ? .....

I did Change the resolution on the cable box to all
Possible settings. Now I'm on 1080p which should
Be fine for this TV.

I think it a matter of settings but this is the thing Im pretty good with electronics I'm not an idiot. There is got to be something that I'm maybe overlooking or since it's a US TV maybe I need to change something in the service menu.

Guys any help would be greatly appreciated I have this $3000 tv in my living room over a week now and I can't use it pretty much.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN60es7500 problems Please help !
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN60es7500 problems Please help !
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Sadly no.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 7:12 AM PST

If you look at many Euro sets the frame rate is 50 even on HD content. You might get a picture from a BD player from the same region where you bought your set. I can't agree that a HDMI cable would fix this one.

Collapse -
What should I do
by Orenmoving / November 10, 2012 7:24 AM PST
In reply to: Sadly no.

Thanks for your response.

Do you any idea of what should I do ?

There is got to be a way to make this TV work out

Collapse -
I'm not in the EU but it's time to look for convertors.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 7:29 AM PST
In reply to: What should I do

Back in the standard definition days you ran out and picked up a "World" VCR that could do all the conversion tricks. I didn't go looking but my bet is there are such out there.

If I had to do this today I think I would try a HD TV card in my PC and then that to the HDTV from the PC.

Really round about but it saves the TV.

Collapse -
by sk528 / November 10, 2012 7:20 AM PST

... you want an NTSC TV display Euro TV channels? nope

Collapse -
Connecting HDMI
by Orenmoving / November 10, 2012 7:26 AM PST
In reply to: Hmm..

if I'm connecting via HDMI do I still have this PAL/NTSC issue ?

Collapse -
(NT) Yup.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 7:30 AM PST
In reply to: Connecting HDMI
Collapse -
Does not matter...
by sk528 / November 10, 2012 9:31 AM PST
In reply to: Connecting HDMI

.. how it is connected - you would need a format conversion in between - a cable does not convert anything

ask your cable provider if he can feed NTSC for you (unlikely) or get a NTSC satellite system on the roof - problem fixed Happy

Collapse -
NTSC satellite system
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / November 10, 2012 10:35 AM PST
In reply to: Does not matter...

Good idea but sat TV is from geostationary satellites and are not world wide. So you cover NA, it doesn't cover EU. Hope there's another PAL/NTSC HDMI solution out there.

Collapse -
I think one US TV satellite ..
by sk528 / November 10, 2012 11:51 AM PST
In reply to: NTSC satellite system

.. is accessible from the EU but not sure about the dish size - I know of at least 1 former US base in south Germany which got a 2 meter dish (back in the 90s) feeding US TV into the barracks.

No idea what the current situation is.. but probably worth checking out

Collapse -
Read This!!!
by LegendMonkey7 / December 21, 2012 7:21 AM PST

I wonder why no one was able to fix this but anyways I think I can Help you with that. I had the same problem before and I fixed it in no time. You just have to go to the tv menu select the TV source it should have options of NTSC, Pal , NTSC 2, and some other if available on the TV. If you can't find the option of TV source in your tv then you must contact the TV company. If you found the source and it still doesnot work then keep the source to PAL and try to change the resolution.
Contact me If help is still Needed.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.