HDTV Picture Setting

Tip

Samsung UN55F6300 picture settings

by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / September 17, 2013 5:50 AM PDT

----------Picture Settings forum post-------

Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un55f6300/4505-6482_7-35647894.html

Related products:
Samsung UN32F6300
Samsung U40NF6300
Samsung UN46F6300
Samsung UN50F6300
Samsung UN60F6300

Calibration report using these settings: (see below)

TV software/firmware version tested: v.1111

Below you'll find the settings I found best for viewing the Samsung UN55F6300 in a dim room via the HDMI input. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

Calibration notes: Movie mode prior to calibration was superb, nearly perfect out of the box. The mode did come relatively bright, however, so I reduced the light output accordingly and engaged the LED Clear Motion control, which dims the image quite a bit (about 30 percent). That's not a big deal however, since there's plenty of power in the backlight to compensate.

The two-point grayscale ocntrols needed only very minor tweaks to bring as close as possible to perfect, and the same went for the Custom color control--as usual, Samsung's controls worked very well. In fact, it was so accurate that I saw no need to engage the 10-point grayscale control.

Picture menu:
Backlight: 13
Contrast: 95
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Color: 50
Tint: G48/R52

--Picture Size menu--
Size: Screen Fit

--Advanced Settings sub menu--
Dynamic Contrast: Off
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
RGB Only Mode: Off
Color Space: Custom (see below)
White Balance: (see below)
10p White Balance: Off (did not adjust; see above)
Gamma: 0
Expert Pattern: Off
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]

Color Space submenu:
Color Space: Custom
Red: Red 45, Green 1, Blue 1
Green: Red 2, Green 51, Blue 2
Blue: Red 0, Green 0, Blue 43
Yellow: Red 50, Green 50, Blue 0
Cyan: Red 0, Green 50, Blue 50
Magenta: Red 49, Green 1, Blue 51

White Balance submenu:
R-Offset: 24
G-Offset: 25
B-Offset: 25
R-Gain: 23
G-Gain: 24
B-Gain: 25

--Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Digital Clean View: Off
MPEG Noise Filter: Off
HDMI black level: Normal [grayed out]
Film mode: Auto 1
Auto Motion Plus: Custom

--Auto Motion Plus submenu:
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN55F6300 picture settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN55F6300 picture settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Link to calibration report
by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / September 17, 2013 5:56 AM PDT
Collapse -
UN75F6300
by 005202962 / September 20, 2013 12:14 AM PDT

Should the 75 inch model be the same along the lines with the other models in the 6300 series?

Collapse -
HDMI Black Level
by isalas011981 / September 24, 2013 7:16 AM PDT

I am using your calibration settings; however, my HDMI Black Level, is still selectable. In other words, its not grayed out. Are you calibrating using a Blu Ray as source? The TV turns this into Normal and greys it out when I watch a Blu Ray movie. However, when I use my cable box, the Low setting is selectable. Using the Low settings produces a considerable better picture when I watch content using my cable box.

Would the HDMI black level setting affect any of the numbers above?

Collapse -
Samsung UN55F6300 picture settings
by ThisIsHell / January 26, 2014 5:06 AM PST

How do you turn on Screen Fit. When watching football, I either have picture boexed short, fat players or have to use Zoom 1, and they're a bit stretched.

Screen fit is ALWAYS grayed out and I can NEVER un-gray it.

Thanks!

Collapse -
Samsung UN50F6300 picture settings
by corporate21 / February 3, 2014 2:58 AM PST

Any picture suggestions for watching sports? Seems like when basketball is on, the floor doesn't look smooth, looks choppy. Thanks

UN50f6300 led smart tv

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.