Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung UN55B8500 LED TV Horizontal Line Problem

by cnet2522 / January 9, 2010 1:09 PM PST

I recently purchased a Samsung UN55B8500 LED TV. Unfortunately, there are many faint red-tinted horizontal lines in the picture. The lines are present when viewing all input sources, including cable via coax, DirecTV (including HD channels)over HDMI, and Blu-ray over HDMI. The HDMI cables are all top-quality Monster 1000HD. I'm definitely not an expert in this area, but after spending $4000+ for this top-rated television, am very disappointed. Any help would be appreciated!

Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN55B8500 LED TV Horizontal Line Problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN55B8500 LED TV Horizontal Line Problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
horizontal lines
by wis2010 / November 6, 2010 3:58 AM PDT

I was wondering if you ever got help with this issue. We have had our LED tv for a year and a half and we are having these same problems. We don't have any warranty now. We have the same HDMI cables and we have the monster surge protector. My lines aren't red though, they are black. We have had problems of the picture freezing scenes and keep playing a new scene so it's has a double picture. We unplug the surge protector and the components and it stopped but it keeps happening evry now and then.

Collapse -
UN55B7100 LED
by grasspooper01 / December 7, 2010 3:08 PM PST
In reply to: horizontal lines

I purchased my TV early June 2009 and now I'm getting horizontal line across my screen too. They are about 1/4 of an inch apart. Did anyone get this issue fix?

Collapse -
UN55B7100 LED
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 8, 2010 5:32 AM PST
In reply to: UN55B7100 LED

grasspooper01,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having this issue.

It will likely require a technician repair. If you want to set up a service call, you can reach Samsung's customer service line at 800-SAMSUNG.

--HDTech

Collapse -
problem with my Samsung LED UA40C6900
by pratty5 / February 20, 2012 4:29 PM PST
In reply to: UN55B7100 LED

Hi Team,

I bought a TV in last year May and I am having problems always with it since June(only all white dots are coming whatever the input is).I called samsung customer service and then they sent some technicians who took my tv and kept with them for more than 1 month and they replace some 3 or 4 parts saying that it will fix the problem.so it took total 2 months for samsung technical department to fix my tv. After that again the same problem occurred 3 or 4 times which every time I have to call them and they are coming and taking the tv and replacing something.Today again another problem occurred in my TV .All vertical red and green lines are coming (complete ) along with the other content.Again I have to call the samsung customer service.Can there be a permanent end for these issues.Once they repaired it why the problems are coming again and again.I am at the end of my warranty and thus I have to pay so much for repairing like this afterwards.Please help me.

Thanks ,
Leela

Note: This post was edited by a forum moderator to remove personal information to protect member from abuse on 02/21/2012 at 9:44 AM PT

Collapse -
problem with my Samsung LED UA40C6900
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 21, 2012 2:48 AM PST

pratty5,

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

CNET Forums

Looking for tech help?

Whether you’re looking for dependable tech advice or offering helpful tricks, join the conversation in our forums.