TVs & Home Theaters forum

Samsung UN50F6300 Vs Cisco EA3500

by praneethnag / May 24, 2013 5:35 AM PDT

Hi All - any help with my issue is much appreciated.

Cisco EA3500 - dual band
2.4gh - alphabet SSID - alphanumeric pwd
5gh - alphanumeric SSID- alphanumeric pwd
Network Mode - Mixed
Security Mode - WPA2 Personal
channel width - Auto
Channel - Auto

Samsung - UN50F6300 - Brand New

Past - all my devices worked fine with my new router.

current issue - my new TV
sees the SSID,
connects to it properly
BUT when i try to open an app it says "no network connection"
i check the network status it gives "no connection"
i try to re do the network setup - it connects again properly
BUT AGAIN when i try to open an app it says "no network connection"
this goes on and on,
the connection stays good until i exit an app if i were to do a setup from an app , once i exit the connection is lost too

i tried - updating firmware ( tv and router)
restarting / resetting etc

i see the tv as connceted on the router - also the tv shows all the IPs correctly , but still no sucessfull connection that will last.

work fine on wired connection
work fine on tethered (ATT) Wifi from my lumia 900
work fine with my old netgear b/g router

but not my $$ new cisco - could this be some firewall issue with the router ?? - all the parental controls on the router is set OFF, no MAC filtering , everything basic

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN50F6300 Vs Cisco EA3500
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN50F6300 Vs Cisco EA3500
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
This may have been discussed.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2013 5:38 AM PDT

Something rings a bell here. Try this on another router before you lose all your hair.

There's more that I can't see in your post such as DISTANCE TO THE ROUTER. TVs are much shorter. Start at 20 feet for now.

Collapse -
"work fine with my old netgear b/g router"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 24, 2013 5:39 AM PDT

Sorry but you know it's the new router. My new router (a netgear) did same until the maker issued new firmware.

You do know you can use your old router as a WAP to cure this?

Collapse -
too many wifi's around
by praneethnag / May 28, 2013 3:19 AM PDT

the reason i bought a dual band is i wanted to cut corners with my turtle beach wireless headphones , they interfered with the old router a lot on 2.4.

Collapse -
less than a feet apart :(
by praneethnag / May 28, 2013 3:17 AM PDT

the distance is less than a feet, the router and the tv are on the same stand

Collapse -
Then why not wired?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 28, 2013 3:24 AM PDT

I've read a few respond they didn't get a smart tv to get more wires but the bitter truth is WiFi does have issues, limitations so when you can get wired, you should get wired.

Collapse -
It's some sort of gremlin
by Pepe7 / May 24, 2013 7:11 AM PDT

Not the first time I've heard of this problem with all the obvious bells/whistles examined, but still no solution. It's why I always recommend not bothering w/ wifi on these HDTVs. Go back to a simple ethernet cable and you problem is solved. If that's not possible, use a second AP configured as a repeater, with ethernet cable connection from repeater to HDTV. Beats the hassle of dealing with crappy support from Sammy and/or Netgear IME and O.

I hope you find a solution. Dual band routers can be useful, that's for sure, but they unfortunately aren't perfect with all of our toys sometimes.

Collapse -
by praneethnag / May 28, 2013 3:21 AM PDT

if thats the way it is - i am disappointed Cry ..

Collapse -
I'm sorry, but...
by Pepe7 / May 28, 2013 5:27 AM PDT

....if your devices are only a foot apart, why are you bothering with wireless??????

Collapse -
Too close for missles.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / May 28, 2013 5:32 AM PDT
Collapse -
by praneethnag / May 31, 2013 2:19 PM PDT

Thanks Bob , Pepe7 for helping me.
i am finally able to connect Grin

I reported the issue to samsung - and seems they were already aware of the issue and were working on it - to release a patch - i got the update yesterday , and now everything is as it should be Blush

thought this might help someone @ some point of time so wanted to post the real issue

Actual issue : there are some CISCO routers that are being manufactured in China that are not transmitting at a standard protocol of 32bits or so (didn't remember the correct bit rate) which is causing the TV to not recognize the internet while it was able to connect to the router.

My router model : Cisco Linksys EA3500

Resolution : Samsung Patch firmware V# 1104.3

advise : Samsung tech advised they fixed it on there end for there customers - but reminded that the router is still not transmitting a standard protocol, and advised that Cisco needs to fix it sooner on later .

my next step : deal with Cisco Angry

Collapse -
Glad to hear you found a fix
by Pepe7 / June 1, 2013 4:16 AM PDT

Good news on the customer support side is always a plus.

My only question for you that remains is, why are you bothering with wireless at such short distances(?) Performance of wired is always better.

Collapse -
short story long :P
by praneethnag / June 6, 2013 4:32 AM PDT

i moved to to a new appartment recently, and the living rooms fuse is also connected to the dining , where all the heavy electricals are sitting (fridge, dishwasher, Microvawe, stove etc) .

all was fine until one day when i was entertaining my friends - i thought lets cook some popcorn , and when the chime on the microwave rang after its done - the fuse tripped Angry

funny that none of the other appliances as affecting the fuse - all ON still good - only the Microwave's chime - the culprit

lately that happened too ofter that i had to loose my OLD plasma TV (man i loved it) - there were horizontal line on it - called the geek squad and replaced with the new LED TV ( worst picture Quality - but have to live with it - only option i got , and tired of plasmas burn problem )

and this time i did not opt for a protection plan , and i was afride that i might blow this one too !! Sad

so wanted to move some of the crap ( modem, router, vonage modem, vonage phone) to my office room so my toys (xbox360 , SP3) can stay along with the TV , and cross my fingers that the fuse will not trip this time .

Collapse -
That apartment wiring is not to code
by Pepe7 / June 11, 2013 2:31 AM PDT
In reply to: short story long :P

I would ask the landlord to fix that for you, since it's clearly not to building/electrical code.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Coming soon

Get behind the wheel with Roadshow

Love cars? Climb into the driver's seat for the latest videos, reviews, shopping advice and picks by our editors delivered to your inbox every week.