HDTV Picture Setting forum

Tip

Samsung UN46EH6000 picture settings

by katzmaier CNET staff/forum admin / June 7, 2012 5:24 AM PDT

Review:
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/samsung-un46eh6000/4505-6482_7-35159621.html

Related products:
Samsung UN40EH6000
Samsung UN50EH6000
Samsung UN55EH6000
Samsung UN60EH6000
Samsung UN65EH6000

Calibration report using these settings:
http://scr.bi/LBbnFv

Below you'll find the settings I found best for viewing the Samsung UN46EH6000 in a dim room via the HDMI input. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.
http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-9996461-1.html

Calibration notes: Samsung's Movie picture mode provided the best picture out of the box, although as usual it was too blue and somewhat too bright (50 Fl) for dim rooms. It calibrated very well, however, with a linear grayscale and very good gamma, notwithstanding a spike at 90%. For that reason I'd have liked to see a 10-point control, which was present on Samsung's D630 CFL TV compared in the review. The lack of CMS wasn't a major issue either, although if it was present I'm sure I could have corrected the too-bright green.

It's worth mentioning that I didn't engage LED Motion Plus (backlight scanning) because it dimmed the picture considerably. In Movie mode with the mode engaged the TV managed only 27Fl, a good deal short of my target of 40.

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 15
Contrast: 100
Brightness: 45
Sharpness: 0
Color: 48
Tint: G50/R50

Advanced settings submenu
Color space: Auto
White Balance: [see below]
Gamma: +1
Dynamic contrast: Off
Black tone: Off
Flesh tone: 0
Motion Lighting: Off

White Balance submenu
R-Offset: 26
G-Offset: 24
B-Offset: 25
R-Gain: 24
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 20

Picture options submenu
Color tone: Warm2
Size: Screen Fit
Digital Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI black level: Low
Film mode: Auto
Auto motion plus: Custom
-- Custom settings:
Blur reduction: 10
Judder reduction: 0
LED Motion Plus: Off

Note: This post was edited by its original author Added link to calibration report on 06/07/2012 at 12:29 PM PT

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN46EH6000 picture settings
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN46EH6000 picture settings
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Firmware
by bjfoien / June 8, 2012 4:50 AM PDT

Could you tell us what Firmware version the EH6000 had? 1006, 1008, 1012?

Collapse -
(NT) the picture setting were helpful,but I have aUN50EH6000FSAM.
by firsttrust / August 28, 2012 5:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Firmware
Collapse -
(NT) hello tthere how about for the Dymanic, and the Staandard mo
by king121412 / August 29, 2012 9:20 PM PDT
Collapse -
PC Mode
by briarpatch1337 / September 1, 2012 2:20 AM PDT

It's interesting that the whole settings menu will change if you change the name of your input to "PC" or "DVI PC" (Menu->Input->Edit Name).
I think I like it better for my PC. You will definitely want "sharpness" set to 50.

I ran through these tests:
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/all_noprofile.php
And just about everything worked out better when the TV was in PC mode.

Collapse -
Panel Version
by plasmapz80u / September 18, 2012 2:31 PM PDT

Could you check the white sticker on the back on the TV to see what the "Version" code is? It defines the maker and LCD panel tech the TV has and can be any of four VA panel types (Samsung S-PVA, AUO A-MVA, CMO S-MVA, or even Sharp ASV).

Collapse -
Help?
by Dellamorte13 / November 29, 2012 9:01 AM PST

Can anyone suggest additional settings to make the picture "pop" more?
These settings work better but still make the picture look do dismal (like DVD with slight resolution improvement).

Collapse -
Try these settings for a great HD picture!
by joebnsd / November 30, 2012 12:53 PM PST
In reply to: Help?

I recently picked up the 55" version and had trouble getting the picture fine tuned until I found these specs on the intrawebz. Love the picture now and hopefully you will too... Enjoy

1. PICTURE

Mode: Standard
Backlight: 20
Contrast: 90
Brightness: 50
Sharpness: 40
Color: 55
Tint: G50/R50

1A. ADVANCED SETTINGS
Color Space: Auto
Gamma: +1
Dynamic Contrast: Low
Black Tone: Dark
Flesh Tone: +4
Motion Lighting: Off

1B. WHITE BALANCE
R-Offset: 20
G-Offset: 30
B-Offset: 20
R-Gain: 25
G-Gain: 25
B-Gain: 30

1C. PICTURE OPTIONS
Color Tone: Standard
Size: 16x9
Digital Noise Filter: Auto
HDMI Black Level: Low
Film Mode: Auto
LED Motion Plus: Off

1D. AUTO MOTION PLUS
Auto Motion Plus: Custom
Blur Reduction: 7
Judder Reduction: 5

Collapse -
HDMI CABLE
by wedge5324 / December 6, 2012 12:59 AM PST

Which type of HDMI Cable are you guys running with this tv???

Collapse -
HDMI Cables
by joebnsd / December 7, 2012 1:22 AM PST
In reply to: HDMI CABLE

Cheap $10 Inland pro HDMI cabels from Frys that work just as good as all the other overpriced big name brands. Enjoy!

Collapse -
TV Pic Settings
by Sophie0919 / February 22, 2013 3:22 AM PST

Wowsie wow wow..I bought this TV the other day and kept messing with the settings. My son came over and he said it did not look right. He suggested getting on Internet to find out what others did. Thank You. It is absolutely perfect now! This has turned out to be a very nice TV:) Samsung UN55EH6000F

Collapse -
Nice
by JemFam / March 29, 2013 1:19 AM PDT

These settings are better than the CNET ones.. the cnet ones make the picture too dark. Their settings also make a strange blue shadow on things in dark scenes.

Collapse -
HDMI level?
by oldmanbernard / June 16, 2013 8:55 AM PDT

I have tried various settings for my 55" and these ones work very well, so thanks! My only questions is how do I get access to the HDMI black level and film mode settings? No matter what settings I have used, those two options have always been grayed out for me, unable to select.

Collapse -
HDMI Level
by joebnsd / June 16, 2013 10:39 AM PDT
In reply to: HDMI level?

You might want to check that auto motion plus is not on and that the mode is set to custom as I believe it will not allow you to change those features if either is enabled. If that doesn't work maybe calling tech support will help. Doing a quick Google search it looks like you are not the only one with this issue.

Collapse -
not correct.
by java678 / September 2, 2013 9:16 AM PDT
In reply to: HDMI Level

Anything above 80-85 contrast causes red shift on my 55 inch model. I don't think any of these settings are correct. The hdmi level is impossible on my unit to adjust to low I have tried multiple methods its locked on normal which is crap.

Collapse -
Good tips
by MeatMountain / December 21, 2013 9:06 PM PST
In reply to: not correct.

These settings are nice. You suck

Collapse -
HDMI Level & Film mode
by TheAnalogKidd / August 7, 2014 12:53 PM PDT
In reply to: HDMI level?

the only way to access those submenu items is to use RGB cables.

Collapse -
Samsung Picture Settings
by Greg_J_Rogie / March 7, 2015 7:43 AM PST

This made a BIG difference. Thanks a lot!

Collapse -
I like your settings but
by Tidus2410 / December 3, 2013 4:31 PM PST

Ur settings are awesome but I can't access the backlight settings at all it's grey'd out? Do u know why? I have a un65eh6000f

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.