Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung UN46B8000 LED audio video sync issue

by abgibson11 / January 2, 2010 1:11 AM PST

I have a PS3 250gb slim connected to a Yamaha RX-V765 via HDMI which is connected to my Samsung UN46B8000 LED via HDMI. When playing blu ray content on my PS3 (games and movies) the audio is way out of sync with the video (it comes in ahead). However, when playing DVDs on my PS3 there is no issue.

When I hook the PS3 straight to the TV and not use the Yamaha receiver there is no sync issue. However, if I use my Samsung BD-P3600 blu ray player with the same HDMI connections to my receiver and to my LED there is no sync issue like there is with the PS3 with the same connections.

Does the Samsung UN46B8000 have an issue processing video for some reason when using a PS3 and my Yamaha? I have turned all HDMI controls on each component to off, I was told by Samsung customer service to not use gold plated HDMI cables for there TVs so I changed them. and tried countless other setting changes, but nothing has helped.

I know I can set audio delay on my Yamaha, but for me that is not solving the problem. Especially when I have to go into the setup menu and dial the delay back to 0 whenever I'm watching regular DVDs.

One more thing. I do not have a cable box, so I do not know if there is the same issue with cable tv as well.

Any insight and help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN46B8000 LED audio video sync issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN46B8000 LED audio video sync issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 2, 2010 3:12 PM PST

abgibson11,

It may be a processing issue within the processing of the game console. I'm not sure if the delay is happening from the player itself or as it passes through the receiver, but if it's happening with the game console only, then it may be a sync issue with the DVD processing IN the game console.

You may want to plug the game console directly to the television and run the optical audio to the receiver to see if that might solve the issue with the game console.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by abgibson11 / January 3, 2010 10:52 PM PST

Thanks for the input. My only concern about using optical cable is I won't be able to get trueHD sound, which is one of the benefits of blu ray. Is this correct?

Could it be a processing issue with the TV because of the 240Hz?

This problem also happened with my older 80gb PS3. I just traded it in for the PS3 250gb slim. So if it's a processing issue with the game console, it must be across the board with all PS3s.

Everyone I've spoken with, Samsung customer service, PS3 technical service, Yamaha technical service, as well as a ton of people with Geek Squad at Best Buy, say they've never heard of this happening with the particular set up.

Also, I did notice a slight delay when playing regular DVDs. It's just not as much delay as with the blu ray discs.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.