Samsung forum

Samsung UN40EH5000 Component Input Not Working

by libbliu / December 15, 2012 10:40 AM PST

I have a Samsung UN40EH5000 tv and the component input is not working for the traditional RCA (red, yellow, white) input???

This is a big issue, can't play my Wii or PS2??

Help please.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN40EH5000 Component Input Not Working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN40EH5000 Component Input Not Working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Same problem
by ShiningFeriluce / December 15, 2012 11:25 AM PST

I'm having the same problem with my LED TV Monitor series 5 TA550 and with both my Wii and my N64.

Collapse -
by libbliu / December 16, 2012 2:18 AM PST
In reply to: Same problem

seriously, had I known that the new LEDs don't support my gaming systems, I probably wouldn't have bought it.
the component works for my old dvd player though so I have no idea how to fix this.

Collapse -
Link shows COMPOSITE input.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2012 2:27 AM PST
In reply to: seriously...
Collapse -
Maybe a setting?
by ShiningFeriluce / December 16, 2012 6:02 AM PST

In the case of my TV, it has a jack of a name I don't know and it came with this component adapter: On the manual, it clearly says that I can connect a composite device there, but it's just not working. It may be, like you say, a matter of changing a setting, but since I'm not from the US, I couldn't get help from the Samsung live support through chat.

Collapse -
It's the weekend.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2012 7:46 AM PST
In reply to: Maybe a setting?

The Samsung Rep here usually can tell you which site to find support. Since I can't find your manual I can't tell you which menu to change the component to composite in.

Page 3 at shows a normal RCA Video input jack.

I don't see where that cable you linked to would be used on this model. Sorry but I only have the model number as supplied and use that at to get my information.

You could give links to the product if you want.

Collapse -
This is my TV
by ShiningFeriluce / December 16, 2012 11:22 AM PST
In reply to: It's the weekend.

This is my TV: It says it has a component input, but it is actually a port where that cable ( goes.

I can't find the manual online either, but I can scan and upload the page with the instructions for composite connection. However, the one you posted is very similar, except that in mine it says that the colors of the video cable and video jack will not match.

Collapse -
Since it has SCART, you'll likely use that.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2012 12:26 PM PST
In reply to: This is my TV details that composite video can be used on SCART. As I can't find a product manual my bet is you'll have to find such and get support in your country.

However since it has SCART I'd input on that.
Collapse -
This is libbliu's discussion.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 16, 2012 11:10 PM PST
In reply to: This is my TV

I hope you can understand that jumping into libbliu's discussion about another model shouldn't be done. The answers will not be the same and it's hard to keep track of.

Collapse -
by ShiningFeriluce / December 17, 2012 7:16 AM PST

I understand and I am sorry about this. I made my own post but I also looked for similar ones and I thought that, since we have the same problem, it could have the same solution (like a settings one), despite them being different models.

I'm hoping libbliu will continue to post about their own TV.

Collapse -
I got mine to work!
by ShiningFeriluce / December 17, 2012 9:48 AM PST

I just got my TV to recognize an AV (composite) input, and when I turned on my N64, it worked. Sadly, what I did does not make much sense to me, but here it is, just in case it'll help you.

Up 'till today, in the input list only component and not composite (AV) would be available. I disconnected and connected my TV (this was unintended) and then, with the TV turned off, I disconnected the component adapter my TV came with. With it disconnected from the TV, I connected into it the cables from my N64, and then I connected the adapter to the TV. I turned on the TV and this time AV (composite) was in the input list, and component wasn't.

I think you don't have an adapter like I do but a direct component port, but I hope this will help you somehow. Good luck!

Collapse -
That did it
by Mr_Gavitt / September 22, 2013 7:49 AM PDT
In reply to: I got mine to work!

I have been googling this for days and this is the only thread that fixed it!

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.