HDTV Picture Setting forum

Samsung UN32EH4000

by tpendlebury CNET staff/forum admin / August 6, 2012 2:24 AM PDT

Related products:
Samsung UN26EH4000
Samsung UN32EH4000

Calibration report using these settings:

Below you'll find the settings I found best for viewing the TK in a dim room via the HDMI input. Your settings may vary depending on source, room conditions, and personal preference. Check out the Picture settings and calibration FAQ for more information.

--Picture menu
Mode: Movie
Backlight: 20
Contrast: 76
Brightness: 43
Sharpness: 0
Color: 57
Tint: G50/R50

Picture Options menu
Color Tone: Warm2
Size: 16:9
Digital Noise Filter: Off
HDMI Black Level: Low
Film Mode: Off [greyed out]
LED Motion Plus: Off

Advanced Settings menu
Gamma: 0
Black Tone: Off
Flesh Tone: 0
Motion Lighting: Off [grayed out]
Black Enhancer: Off

White balance submenu:
R-Offset: 27
G-Offset: 28
B-Offset: 27
R-Gain: 14
G-Gain: 28
B-Gain: 19

Note: This post was edited by its original author Added report on 11/09/2012 at 3:07 PM PT

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UN32EH4000
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UN32EH4000
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
native color or automatic
by whitewater1950 / May 17, 2013 8:42 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung UN32EH4000

what is the diference between automatic and native color and what is best setting for dynamic contrast on or off

Collapse -
Samsung UN32eh4003 color space selection explained.
by Tim_Lookingbill / May 31, 2013 12:55 PM PDT

Broadcast signals can vary widely in hue/saturation levels in certain colors especially memory colors like your basic primaries which can often come across quite over saturated with greens looking too cool, cadmium yellows turning intense lemon yellow and normal looking royal blues turning over saturated cobalt blue.

NTSC is usually the broadcast industry standard color model for encoding to consumer TVs which is a huge color space compared to HDTV 709 which is closer to sRGB, a smaller color space. When the two meet saturation gets out of hand the more the TV picture farther away from a calibrated close to a linear, normalized state which those settings above accomplish.

The Auto setting of the Samsung color space selection will attempt to reduce these color errors for more pin point accuracy to the original source space.

I've tried it on several channels and saw selecting Auto would slightly reduce over saturated blues and reds. A sports channel baseball game grassy field went from a slight cartoon green to realistic green selecting Auto over Native. It was quite subtle though because I've normalized the picture with the above settings though mine are slightly different with regard to white point, gamma with HDMI black level set to Low.

Home Shopping Network is exquisite to look at now. Skin tones are gorgeous and realistic showing every liver spot, wrinkle and skin discoloration. Turning Noise Reduction off really gets rid of the plastic skin look.

Collapse -
PS3 jagged lines
by Quinsareth / June 8, 2013 6:06 AM PDT
In reply to: Samsung UN32EH4000

What is the best calibration for playing video games? When I use this this TV to play movies, it's great. But playing PS3 games on it looks worse than when I was playing games on my old Panasonic CRTV. A lot of lines get this annoying jagged/flickering look to them that I can't stand. I think many people online refer to them as "jaggies."

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.