Samsung forum

Question

Samsung UE55C6000 HDTV can't get on the internet

by Andew16 / January 15, 2013 6:03 PM PST

I have the wireless dongle "Samsung WIS12ABGNX/XEC WLAN-Dongle" which i recently bought so i could hook up to the internet via my home connection over the wireless router. I have connected to the network with no problems but now i can't get onto the internet. When i push the internet@tv button on my remote control it just says something like" no function" (sorry i am in the office and do not know the exact wording because i am not in front of my T.V) The point is i am connected through the wireless connection but can't get onto the web.

Does anyone have any suggestions for this? Maybe a setting i need to change? Your help is appreciated!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UE55C6000 HDTV can't get on the internet
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UE55C6000 HDTV can't get on the internet
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung UE55C6000 HDTV can't get on the internet
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 16, 2013 5:23 AM PST

Hi Andew16,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know: if you want Samsung support, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for the Netherlands. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So while I can't help you directly, if you want Samsung help, here's the Samsung Netherlands portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/nl/support/model/UE55C6000RWXXN

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
by Andew16 / January 16, 2013 3:50 PM PST

Hello HD Tech,

Thanks alot for the reply on this. I am actually based in Munich Germany and i had bought it here. So it is a German product. Would you still be able to direct me on this or put me in the right hands?

Thanks again.
Andrew

Collapse -
Re: Samsung UE55C6000 HDTV can't get on the internet
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 17, 2013 5:54 AM PST
Collapse -
by Andew16 / January 17, 2013 3:51 PM PST

Hi HD Tech,

Thanks alot for your help here.. I have just sent off a message to them so lets see what comes back. While i have your help, are you able to suggest what to do for my other topic below under HDTV calibration? The thread link is here below. I could also send a request to the Germany support for this, but i am afraid they might just come back and send me the factory settings and this is what i am trying to avoid...

Thanks again for your help

http://forums.cnet.com/7723-13973_102-583080/samsung-ue55c6000rwxg-hdtv-calibration/?tag=mncol;2f

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.