Samsung forum

Samsung UE40D5520 - Screen problem

by chuckmorris84 / January 25, 2013 8:06 AM PST

Hey guys, new to the forums but i have a really bad problem with my UE40D5520. This has only just started to happen about 2 days ago now. Whenever I turn the set on I get this thick dark line appearing at the top of the screen which gets lighter as it runs towards the right hand side of the panel. After about 10-15 minutes it disappears and goes back to normal.

Obviously there is something wrong with it and I want to know if it has happened to anyone else with this model and if there is a way to fix it or is it slowly on its way out?

I've attached a link below to show you what it looks like when the set is first turned on.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung UE40D5520 - Screen problem
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung UE40D5520 - Screen problem
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Could be many things.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 25, 2013 8:21 AM PST
Collapse -
Re: Samsung UE40D5520 - Screen problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 28, 2013 3:37 AM PST

Hi chuckmorris84,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product:

Hope this helps you!

HD Tech

Collapse -
Same issue
by Pauld77 / September 2, 2013 5:18 AM PDT

Hi I have the same problem on Ue40d5520
If I pinch the left hand corner of the screen it sometimes goes
Away then comes back.

Did you manage to solve the problem??
I'm desperate for answers

Collapse -
I have exactly the same fault
by wicky_boy / September 11, 2013 11:30 PM PDT

Hi has anyone successfully taken samsung to small claims court over this fault yet?

I rang them up and they were pretty arrogant I have to say about my complaint and not very helpfull.

Their customer services couldn't even give basic costs for repair.

At time of writing the television was manufactured less than two years ago.

I expect the lifetime of a Television to exceed 4 years.

I think I'll go to watchdog first then possibly small claims court as they have definitely made clear their position that I will have to foot the bill of their dodgy television.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.