Samsung

General discussion

samsung tv wont turn on.....clicking sound in back of tv.

by gentry738 / May 15, 2010 8:42 AM PDT

samsung tv wont turn on. Clicking sound constant in back of tv. checked power supply and outlets. changed power strip still nothing.
just soft clicking in back.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung tv wont turn on.....clicking sound in back of tv.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung tv wont turn on.....clicking sound in back of tv.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
samsung tv wont turn on.....clicking sound in back of tv.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 17, 2010 12:11 AM PDT

gentry738,

I would recommend calling 800-SAMSUNG to have your unit serviced. Unfortunately, there isn't any troubleshooting tips I can offer.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Did you get your problem fixed??
by manolo938 / November 21, 2010 12:53 PM PST

Hi I have the same problem with a 32" led Samsung TV with only a few months of use, and would like to know if you got you problem resolved. My email is manuelv93@gmail.com, would really appreciate any info. Thanks

Collapse -
SAME PROBLEM, Clicking sound and no picture
by deleko / December 19, 2010 1:34 PM PST

Over the past several months, this problem started with the tv turning itself back on after being shut off. I thought it had to do with the cable box or my settings until now. Tonight got home and tv power was on with clicking noise, but no picture. Tried unplugging, rebooting DVR box, and nothing different. Perhaps only the clicking is a little quieter or maybe I am just used to the sound now. My tv is not under warranty.

Honestly Samsung HDTech, both on this forum and on the Samsung troubleshooting on the website, these calling for service comments are highly annoying. A quick search has revealed that this is a common problem. Instead of telling people to call service, how about addressing the problem with a fix? There is no point commenting on a forum if this is your only suggestion.

This should not be happening on a regular basis on such an expensive product. I will likely replace rather than repair. And if I can't come to a better solution than calling for service, I will replace with a brand other than Samsung and tell everyone I know about this issue.

Terrible. Terrible.

Has anyone actually called a service tech and resolved the problem? What were the costs??
Thanks.

Collapse -
SAME PROBLEM, Clicking sound and no picture
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 20, 2010 7:44 AM PST

deleko,

To directly answer your question, I'm not a member of the service team. I don't have the "privy" to service related issues. I can help with a lot of things. The OP's post regarding going in and opening his own unit is not something I can discuss.

That said, if you have an issue, call it in to service. They can help more than I can here, since I'm unable to open service tickets. If that doesn't resolve the issue to your satisfaction, I often reach out to have cases reviewed, and I'd be willing to do that here if you post your transaction number from your call.

There is a lot of good done with our participation. Look around the competitors forums. Several don't participate at all. The number of questions I get in the average week or two often surpass their overall total participation. I think it speaks well to listen to the customer, and even though that may not guarantee instant results, we are listening and watching closely what our customers have to say, including what you posted above.

--HDTech

Collapse -
calling Samsung
by hendley8857 / March 6, 2011 10:17 PM PST

I did call Samsung. The repairman they sent said he had checked with Samsung and there were no postings about what the problem actually was. That's when I went online and found out there are those out there who do know. So why doesn't Samsung? Not good business. I am now in the process of researching other brands. I will return the Samsung tv's. I would also like to say that I called them at least four times where I got the response that they had never heard of this problem before. It wasn't until they realised I wasn't going to back down that they sent a repairman who didn't have a clue about what the real problem was.

Collapse -
Good for you!
by deleko / March 6, 2011 11:10 PM PST
In reply to: calling Samsung

I sold my dead Samsung on Craig's List, with a link to the problem and how to fix it. Can get at least $100 for it. I have a Sony now, like it a lot. Despite the fact that I loved my Samsung while it worked, won't buy one again. TVs should last longer than 3 years.

Collapse -
none
by hendley8857 / March 7, 2011 2:51 AM PST
In reply to: Good for you!

At least yours lasted for a little while. I tried three times in three months with the same type of tv. I have finally excepted I am not going to find one without an issue. Let me know how the Sony goes. I am not sure what to buy. How does the picture compare to Samsung?

Collapse -
having same problem,
by scowencrs / August 21, 2011 9:51 AM PDT
In reply to: Good for you!

having same problem, you said you had the link to the problem and how to fix it!!
would love to know how!

Collapse -
The issue might be
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 21, 2011 9:54 AM PDT
In reply to: having same problem,

The old BAD CAPS problem but Samsung has been performing one time free replacements. You can google BAD CAPS if you want but why do this if the maker will change them for us?
Bob

Collapse -
thanks
by scowencrs / August 21, 2011 12:35 PM PDT
In reply to: The issue might be

thanks, they are sending someone out to look at our tv friday!
thanks for the help!!

Collapse -
(NT) Either way, folk like to read what happens next.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 22, 2011 4:14 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks
Collapse -
Same issue, BN55 model Samsung TV
by Demboyz21 / August 22, 2011 10:20 AM PDT
In reply to: thanks

My tv is a 1 and a couple of months old. Came home TV is no longer working, continuous clicking but not coming on. Can someone please help

Collapse -
TWO SUGGESTIONS. DO THIS NOW!
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 23, 2011 5:31 AM PDT

1. Register your product at samsung.com and you might get 3 more months warranty. Then it's no problem at all.

2. After step one, if the registration fails, call it in anyway. Always get the TRANSACTION NUMBER from the call.
Bob

Collapse -
--HD Tech.
by ksimas08 / October 27, 2011 3:06 PM PDT

BOSS.

Collapse -
(NT) ???
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 28, 2011 3:07 AM PDT
In reply to: --HD Tech.
Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech Tip

Tired of your tricky Wi-Fi password?

Stop trying to memorize a complicated sequence of numbers and letters. Learn how to change the default password.