Samsung forum

Samsung TV - white spots on screen

by GENERALS25 / March 8, 2012 8:27 AM PST

Already tried this once - let's try again. Have a Samsung TV that developed the white dots on the screen. Called Samsung on this and they stated that it is the DLP chip and they would do a one time fix, however I would be responsible for the labor. A service tech did call back and informed me that the la bor on this would be $180.00! The chip doesn't even cost that much. I told them no and called Samsung back. The ECR team was supposed to get back with me in 48 hours, which they did not. I then again called Samsung and stated to them that I could not pay out that kind of money, and asked why some people had gotten the labor paid for and others are not.? They did state that this particular model had the problem with the DLP chip and they had a program to where the part and labor had been all paid for
but the program had ended. When asked when the program had ended the answer was in January. So because my TV did not get the white spots for a month after the program had ended, it does not qualify for the free labor - how quant is that. If this was a known problem with this particular model, why not put a recall on these? Instead now I am stuck with a TV that is going to continually get worse. I did ask if they could just send me the part (or the service center) and I would install it myself, they said they could not do that. The only "combination" that could be done was to have a tech install it and pay the labor or not get it fixed at all! Yes, I am more than a little upset about this!!!

transaction #5103046263
model HLT5076SX/XAA

Any help would be appreciated.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung TV - white spots on screen
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung TV - white spots on screen
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Samsung TV - white spots on screen
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 14, 2012 5:19 AM PDT

We do understand you are frustrated and apologize for any inconveniences.

That being said, I escalated your ticket andI spoke with a manager and we are standing behind the decision and our policies pertaining to your particular issue. We can still offer the parts free of charge, however, labor will be at your cost.

If you'd like to contact Samsung directly to have the service set up, please do so at 1-800-SAMSUNG and use your transaction number as a reference number.

Collapse -
DLP Chip
by theblack3fan / July 21, 2012 4:59 AM PDT

Just got off the phone with Samsung support. Because my model # isHL56A650CLFXZA, they won't replace my DLP chip. I have the same white spots as everybody else but of corse the'll make up a reason why the won't fix my TV.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.