Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung TV not connecting to Netflix/Pandora

by kevinr874 / August 18, 2010 3:00 PM PDT

I just bought a Samsung UN40C7000 tv. All of the internet@tv apps work except for the Netflix Instant Watch and Pandora. I tried to connect wirelessly with a Samsung WIS09abgn connected to a airport express, but that did not work. Then, I tried connecting from the modem directly to the tv with an ethernet cord, and that also did not work. Also, I held the exit button and reset all the setting and tried again, and still can't figure out why it is not working. I conducted a speed test on my computer and got 15 mbps download speed, and on the tv I was only getting 500-750kbps. Any suggestions?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung TV not connecting to Netflix/Pandora
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung TV not connecting to Netflix/Pandora
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung TV not connecting to Netflix/Pandora
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 19, 2010 4:02 AM PDT

kevinr874,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having a connectivity issue.

Often times, this requires a call to Apple, as some settings may prohibit the use of these two widgets. Unfortunately, I can't assist with networks or specific routers - there are many of them in the market, and in the past, calls to configure the router have resulted in success.

The network speed you posted for the TV should still be able to give you a result on either of the Apps. I have worked with similar speeds, and was able to get movies and music.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Same issue is common on other forums as well.
by wildderrick / September 22, 2010 3:45 AM PDT

It sounds like others are experiencing the exact same issue. I posted on two similar threads. I recently purchased a C670, and am getting only about 10%-20% of the network speed I get on other devices. I'm seeing between 2 and 5 Mb/s on the TV, while I am able to get 16-30 Mb/s on everything else.

Could it be a hardware issue on the TV?

Collapse -
Cannot Connect to Pandora
by nyskibum / October 9, 2010 1:50 PM PDT

I have a 40 inch Samsung LCD TV that has all of the internet apps. I selected Pandora and received a code from the TV to go to Pandora and register. I registered and can login on my laptop and can login using the appp manager on the Samsung TV. However, when I click on Pandora from the app listings it says the user name or password are invalid. Both the user name and password are correctly entered. Any idea why I cannot connect to Pandora on my TV but no problem with same user name and password on my computer?

Collapse -
Cannot Connect to Pandora
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 10, 2010 1:51 PM PDT

nyskibum,

Which model?

In some cases, deleting the App and then adding it back in should work. Rather than loading your account information into the Account Manager, try launching the App from the Internet@TV main page and loading in your information that way.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Netflix in limited capacity
by Pharmdiegans / January 2, 2011 1:30 AM PST

I only get my Netflix instant queue, is there a way to get the expanded Netflix options added to my tv viewing like I would see on my computer view? Would like to add movies to my queue via the tv Internet!

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.