Samsung forum

Question

Samsung tv external hard drive sound via av receiver

by Auzi1978 / February 11, 2013 3:30 AM PST

Hello,
Maybe stupid question. I have samsung tv and av receiver sony str dh520 connected via hdmi in tv acr slot. When i want to play movie from my external hdd connected to usb port in tv the av receiver is not able to play sound. I set the input mode at receiver to tv but it doesnt work. I think that hdmi tv acr slot support out/in audio mode but it seems that not:( Is it possible that the av receiver does not support this feature? Many thanks for help o all.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung tv external hard drive sound via av receiver
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung tv external hard drive sound via av receiver
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
SAMSUNG UA46EH5000 no audio output.
by bms234 / July 16, 2015 11:13 AM PDT

Hi! I have this 3 year old TV Samsung UA46EH5000 which has no audio out. So I have connected my cable box audio signal to my marantz 1504 receiver, however my movies are on a hard drive connected to my TV when I play that audio only comes thru the TV not Home Theater. I saw you had the same problem could you solve it? Please assist.

Collapse -
I'd try again with a new post and all details.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 16, 2015 11:22 AM PDT

Movie playback is a tar pit of issues. It could be a setting or an audio encoding that can't be passed over optical.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Re: Samsung tv external hard drive sound via av receiver
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 11, 2013 5:07 AM PST

Hi Auzi1978,

Everything sounds right so far. Provided you have the receiver connected to HDMI 2, make sure Anynet+ is turned on for the TV and Bravia Sync is on for the receiver.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Still the same problem
by Auzi1978 / February 12, 2013 2:46 AM PST

Sorry it does not help. When plug into the usb port external hdd and play video the audio is not transfer to av receiver from tv.
Current settings
Tv samsung ue40d5500 - hdmi cable pluged into port hdmi 2, anynet+ turned on, receiver turned on, audio output SPDIF format PCM
Sony receiver str dh520-Hdmi cable pluged into port hdmi tv out acr, hdmi control turned on, passthru turned on, audiooutput amp

Please help.
Thank you very much
Adam

Collapse -
Re: Still the same problem
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 12, 2013 7:33 AM PST
In reply to: Still the same problem

Hi Auzi1978,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product: http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/model/UE40D5500RWXXH

Hope this helps you!

Regards,
HD Tech

Collapse -
Answer
Is this your receiver?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 12, 2013 7:41 AM PST
Collapse -
(NT) Yes it is;)
by Auzi1978 / February 14, 2013 1:44 AM PST
In reply to: Is this your receiver?
Collapse -
Care to update your posts?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 14, 2013 1:52 AM PST
In reply to: Yes it is;)

I think you can solve this eventually. Ask Pepe7 over in the CNET http://forums.cnet.com/home-audio-and-video-forum/ if you need more help.

Right off the top "pass through" on the receiver doesn't sound right as it does not need to pass a thing. It only needs to get audio and power the speakers.
Bob

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.