Samsung

General discussion

Samsung TV + Comcast Cable Remote

by erier2003 / October 11, 2008 12:15 AM PDT
Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung TV + Comcast Cable Remote
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung TV + Comcast Cable Remote
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
remotes...
by estephan500 / October 11, 2008 2:43 AM PDT

hi there. I know this doesn't address your question, but I wanted to say that even though the comcast guys paired my comcast remote to my samsung lcd tv for me, that remote was still pretty bad... and what's more, reaching among three remotes (tv [because the comcast thing didn't take care of all cable box features], cable box, and sound system) was a headache. I bought one of the logitech harmony universal remotes... model 520... and after I spent the time with my computer customizing the functions for the three things, it has been a dream. so I would just say don't waste your energy trying to get comcast's remote to work, instead get a good "activity oriented" remote like the harmony ones and invest your time in that. a serious, serious improvement.

Collapse -
Discrete Code Groupings
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / October 11, 2008 4:07 PM PDT
In reply to: remotes...

Like you, I've spent time trying to figure out how to get universal remote controls to work. Allow me to shed a little light, at least from the manufacturer's perspective, on how those codes come about.

Each television has discrete codes. One code is for power, another for volume up, another for "Menu".. and so forth. As features are added, a new grouping of discrete codes have to be programmed for newer televisions.

Since new groupings can be added, and some codes are reused, don't count on the fact that just because you can power the television on and off that you have the correct code. Test out the volume button, channel toggle and the menu button. If they don't all work, move on to the next number.

I took a quick look at your PDF. Start from the last Samsung model number and work backwards. Here's that list for quick reference:

Samsung 0060, 0030, 0178, 0056, 0702

I have not personally used a Logitech Harmony as the other poster suggested, but I have heard excellent things as far as programmability, updated codes being readily available and ease of use.

If nothing else, you pay for a monthly service from a cable/sat provider. You could always ask for a technician to come out and program their remote.

Keep us posted.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Thanks for the detailed response!
by erier2003 / October 11, 2008 11:49 PM PDT

I'll try this and let you know how it worked.

Collapse -
Did you every find the correct code?
by sbuswell / December 23, 2008 12:51 PM PST

Hello,

I have the same issue with my Comcast remote and Samsung LN52A750 and can't get them to pair. I even tried the the lower solution on the comcast site (http://www.comcast.com/remotes/universal.html) alternating the power and TV buttons, but no dice.

S

Collapse -
Code for Comcast Remote
by Gonz209 / January 1, 2009 1:22 PM PST

I have the Same TV Samsung 750 series great TV the code i found to work was 10060

Collapse -
Samsung remote code
by Jimmy200 / January 8, 2009 3:00 PM PST

Thank you for the 10060 code. Works with my new 550 series LCD TV. The codes Comcast suggested (0060, 0702, 0030, 0178 and 0056 did not work.)

Collapse -
10060 Worked for me
by funthang / February 26, 2010 10:20 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung remote code

I have a Samsung LN32B550 and the Comcast Remote Code 10060 worked for me!

Collapse -
samsung+comcast remote
by ALTEEVO110 / January 12, 2011 10:19 AM PST

Recently purchased the Samsung 46LC600. Remote code 10060 worked. Thank you all that were involved.

Collapse -
samsung+comcast remote
by dbrow6272 / June 23, 2011 8:07 AM PDT
In reply to: samsung+comcast remote

10060 is the code that worked for me also. Thank you.

Collapse -
samsung remote code
by tcfultz / May 8, 2011 8:23 AM PDT

this code worked on my samsung led too. and one code does it all. Thanks!

Collapse -
10060? thats 5 digits
by RTShaw / April 19, 2009 7:54 AM PDT

lost most control of my fingers & eyes water/spasm 24/7,so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

10060? my comcast dvr remote says enter 4 digits.
being my finger r messed up which did u use? cant tel if im fioing it right since i cant ee or feel my finger (nd they twitch)

thank u

Collapse -
sorry i got it
by RTShaw / April 19, 2009 8:01 AM PDT
In reply to: 10060? thats 5 digits

lost most control of my fingers & eyes water/spasm 24/7,so pleaqe bear with me, it hurts like hell 2 type.

siorry, i got it the comcast remote code is 0060 4 the LN32/40/46/52A650
i have the 32 & 52 inch. now if i coluld only find the code for the samsung HT-TZ515-XAA. my univ one logitec remote picks em both up.

Collapse -
It WORK!!!!
by MichelleAN / May 8, 2009 12:23 AM PDT
In reply to: sorry i got it

10060 worked with my Samsung 750. I was getting frustrated with the 0060, 0030, 0056 .....codes and the code search (of which none worked). Thanks for the tip!!!

Collapse -
Programming Comcast Remote to work w/Samsung HDTV
by sw92130 / December 25, 2009 9:50 AM PST

I tried 10060 and it worked! Yes it is five digits and the Comcast manual says use just 0060.

Thanks for the help!

Collapse -
Code for Comcast Remote
by nseidel1 / October 23, 2010 12:49 PM PDT

Thanks so much for the 10060 code. I just purchased a new Samsung flat screen TV and could not get it programmed to the Comcast remote. Your code worked! Thanks again.

Collapse -
Thanks
by smecham7 / November 28, 2011 2:20 PM PST

Thanks!! That worked great

Collapse -
Thank you!
by suzannecastro / February 8, 2012 11:16 PM PST

Thank you SO much!!!!

Collapse -
Remote working with Fios STB
by FiosTvTech / December 12, 2008 4:35 AM PST

I am a fios tv tech and I like the samsung tv's that i hook up except one problem. when i program our remote with the samsung tv's the volume control clicks one bar per hit. you would expect to just hold down volume button to desire volume level is reached. any idea's why this happens or is this problem know? and if you have a solution please post it.

ty

Collapse -
Discrete Codes
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 12, 2008 4:55 AM PST

FiosTvTech,

Welcome to the forum.

If the discrete code assigned to the remote is repeated when pressed down, it seems logical that the desired effect would take place.

When you point the remote at the TV, take a look to see if the IR light responds when you hold down the remote. If it blinks and does nothing, then I would say it's the television. If it doesn't blink repeatedly, then the remote is not duplicating the command while the button is being held down.

I've seen reports of this issue, but just that it exists, and not even just with our televisions. So as far as I know, it's not a known issue at this point.

Keep me posted, and feel free to jump in the forums.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Cable box remote for Verizon STB
by FiosTvTech / December 15, 2008 1:57 AM PST
In reply to: Discrete Codes

Thank you for responding to my question. I do install STB's into Verizon customers houses and your correct about it's not just a Samsung's Isolated problem. I do like Samsung tv's. In fact I bought the 52 inch 650 series, I would've perfered to the 750 series because of the ethernet port,but the wife said no do to the budget. Regardless of the remote problem whether its Verizon's problem or Samsung's problem it would be a great benefit to both companies can work together to fix this issue so Samsung and Verizon customers are taken care of. Just so you know for the consumers, do your homework before you go into the retail store to buy. I had a problem getting answers from sale people and their lack of knowlege of tv and their funtions ie. pictures, mp3's, video's and lan. Tv's are not serve just one function they can do a lot of cool things that families can get a lot entertainment value out of them. Good luck!

Collapse -
FIOS REMOTE WITH SAMSUNG TV
by FiosTvTech / December 15, 2008 1:50 PM PST

I stand corrected. I was wrong! I was able to find a code for the remote to operate the tv properly.

Collapse -
For everyone's benefit...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 15, 2008 5:49 PM PST

FiosTVTech,

Could you share that code so that other Verizon FIOS customers might be helped with this issue if it arises in the future?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Fios TV Remote Control Code
by FiosTvTech / December 16, 2008 2:59 AM PST

The correct code for Samsung TV to work with Fios TV remote is 0729. This work the volume properly with the verizon model: RC144 5302 /00b remote. If you have a different remote or need help you can refer to this link ttp://www22.verizon.com/ResidentialHelp/FiOSTV/Remote+Controls/SetUp/SetUp.htm

Collapse -
That's what this is all about...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 16, 2008 5:59 AM PST

Thanks for taking the time to find and post that.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Comcast remote
by mattg0315 / December 20, 2008 12:30 PM PST

I just bought a samsung 32 Inch 330 Series tv i love the picture but my comcast remote has a very difficult time turning up the tv. I know that i have it programmed correctly, but i know it is the clicker because the remote that came with the tv turns it up fine. I also tried getting a new clicker from comcast and that didnt help either it all depends on the way im pointing the clicker in order for it to work or not. Even if i point it right at the tv sometimes it doesnt work. Is the comcast sensor on their clickers not strong enough or what is it and what can i do to make it get better.

Collapse -
Volume and Comcast remote
by dennyls / December 19, 2008 11:18 AM PST

I had a similar problem programming the comcast remote for my new 650; but I found that the second code listed on the Comcast instructions worked. Both the first code and the second operated the power on/off, but only the second code (10812) let me hold the volume for up/down setting.

Denny

Collapse -
thanks
by Liquidbings / February 24, 2009 12:58 AM PST

Signed up just to say thanks to the Samsung Tech help in this thread.

The code I was using worked for everything, except the volume had to be hit manually for each number, you couldn't hold it down to go a larger value of numbers. I changed the remote code to a differnt value and it works flawlessly now.

Thank you again.

Collapse -
You're welcome!
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 25, 2009 3:00 PM PST
In reply to: thanks

Liquidbings,

Thanks for stopping in, and for your kind words.

If we can help with anything else, please let us know.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Harmony Remote
by jimpalm / February 24, 2009 4:45 AM PST

I purchased the harmony remote for my new Samsung 58" plasma, receiver, blu ray dvd player, etc and it is absolutely fantastic. It is the only remote you need and it does everything.

My problem is with the volume differences from commercial to station and station to station. It knocks you out of your chair! I purchased (but have not yet installed) a volume regulator (Audiovox) which has good reviews and maintains the same volume. We will see....

Collapse -
Volume Issue
by barry7622 / March 26, 2009 3:34 PM PDT
In reply to: Harmony Remote

Set the Comcast Box volume all the way up and control your volume using the Samsung TV. Volume should level off.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.