Samsung

General discussion

Samsung tv, audio out not working

by richdell2 / March 16, 2011 6:24 AM PDT

My problem is, I can't get the "Audio out" to work. I hooked up an amplifier and speakers (which I tested) but I don't get any sound. There is a very slight "pop" when I turn the amp's power switch on. If I turn the gain on the amp all the way up, I can hear a very slight sound , but not enough to understand the voices. I have everything hooked up the way the manual instructs. Thank you for any help you can supply.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung tv, audio out not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung tv, audio out not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 16, 2011 7:06 AM PDT

richdell2,

What model is the TV?

--HDTech

Collapse -
by richdell2 / March 16, 2011 1:06 PM PDT

There are 4 model numbers on the manual cover, I don't know how to determine which mine is. It is either TX-P2675WH, TX-PP3075WH, TX-P2775H OR TX-P3275H.
The Samsung web site has a feature, "find my model number" but I can't get it to work.
Thanks for getting back to me.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 18, 2011 12:07 PM PDT

richdell2,

Did you try a different input on your amplifier?

Are you using RCA outputs, or the digital optical outputs? If you have optical on the receiver, try the digital optical audio outputs.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by richdell2 / March 18, 2011 9:27 PM PDT

Yes I tested the amp and speakers with the output from a CD player, and it works fine.

I don't have anything that uses an optical input, only the RCA.

Thanks

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 19, 2011 10:07 AM PDT

richdell2,

Is there an audio menu in the television that allows you to switch the audio to "External Speakers" or a similar audio function?

Usually by pressing:

Menu > Audio > xxxx <--- there may be an option to toggle the audio to the external ports.

To find your actual model, there should be a sticker behind the TV, usually behind the right speaker.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by richdell2 / March 19, 2011 9:57 PM PDT

There is nothing in the menu referring to speakers, only for customizing the sound.

I did find the model sticker, it is TX-P2775H.

Thank you.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 20, 2011 11:41 AM PDT

richdell2,

Then the connection should be sending audio.

From the manual, here's the RCA connection from the TV to your receiver:

http://i397.photobucket.com/albums/pp60/samsung_hd_tech/audioout3.jpg

Check to see that your amp isn't in a "monitor" state, or that it's connected and on the right setting.

If that's not the case, it may be an issue with the TV or the wires.

--HDTech

Collapse -
by richdell2 / March 20, 2011 9:19 PM PDT

Yeah, that's how I'm connected. The amp is a very simple Pyle Pro, only one way to use, and I tested it on something else. I tried different cables as well, so I guess it's the TV. I really appreciate your efforts, but I guess we're done.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 21, 2011 11:17 PM PDT

richdell2,

Sorry I'm not able to assist further. If you like to have your unit inspected or repaired, you might want to reach out to the Samsung customer service center at 800-SAMSUNG.

--HDTech

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the holiday

Find recipes for July 4 with these foodie apps

The Fourth of July means fireworks, fun and food. If you're planning on a barbecue this weekend, we've got the apps to help you find holiday-inspired recipes.