Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Syncmaster 2333- no response/ blinking blue light

by kierna / November 12, 2009 5:43 AM PST

I recently purchased a Samsung Syncmaster 2223 monitor/tv. I've used it without any problems for about a month now. (And loved it!)
This week however, my monitor doesn't seem to be responding. The monitor is black, with the blue light only blinking every second or so (like it used to do when my computer was on "sleep mode".) I've tried plugging in the monitor to other computers, tried different cords, but it does the same thing- just blinks every second or so. It recognizes the cable being unplugged, and it shows the analog test every once in a while when I press the menu buttons.
Any suggestions on how to fix the problem or is this a hardware issue?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Syncmaster 2333- no response/ blinking blue light
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Syncmaster 2333- no response/ blinking blue light
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Samsung Syncmaster 2333- no response/ blinking blue light
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 13, 2009 4:13 AM PST

kierna,

I'm sorry to hear that you're having these issues.

Any significant changes in drivers or something that happened prior? Is the monitor detected in the device manager? You might try updating the driver to see if that helps. If not, you might try calling 800-SAMSUNG for further troubleshooting. If they're not able to assist, they can set the unit up for service.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Might need to call support...
by kierna / November 13, 2009 6:44 AM PST

Thank you very much for your reply!
No recent updates to drivers that I know of. I have a Mac, and I did load a security update last week...otherwise, not sure. I tried the monitor out on a couple of other computers (PCs), and still got the same results: no response/blinking blue out of the monitor.
The monitor is detected by my computer, it just won't engage.
"~

Collapse -
Might need to call support...
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 13, 2009 4:50 PM PST

kierna,

I agree. It sounds like a service issue, unfortunately.

--HDTech

Collapse -
Samsung blinking power light no image
by Samsung_DIY / September 11, 2010 7:29 AM PDT

I purchased a samsung Syncmaster 2232 BW plus online as a refurbished item, CHEAP!! I went almost 10 months, no problems. Then a month ago this flickering starts out of no where. then last night it died, except for the power button. I found this online:

HOW TO OPEN A SYNCMASTER 2053BW

NO SCREWS!!! Assuming that the stand mount has been pulled out..The seam around the screen frame is where you start. The frame has the prongs, the back cover has what the prongs slip over.The frame is coming off first! I got the side to open by finger, then used a small standard screwdriver to pry ever so gently(lifting frame from rearcover). Leave the power button assembly on the frame, pull wire only a little to relax any tension..you get about 3/4" in extra taped to panel. The hard part is done.;) Still holding the frame...Now lift the panel (where the power button assembly wiring goes under panel) with the power housing that is under it as a whole and you will see where the powerbuttonassemble detaches.Remove frame. Now..holding edges of panel into back cover, lift and flip the whole thing over and place panel face down on a perfectly flat surface..a towel on my desk works. Lift and remove back cover.Your now looking at the back of the board housing. The ribon is simple, on the panel end of the ribon, squeez the outer clips together and slide it away against the panel..The secondary tin plate is removable, two clips super close to where the sets of wires come around the housing and into the panel.Unhook the 4 plugs(pink inside/blue outside)...Now lift the power housing off of the panel. The big board has the power. One screw to remove a ground plate first. Two screws to remove power board. Pics from phone.

Reassemble but DO NOT re-snap the frame into place....yet... Test it! There is a reason the caps got hot in the first place, therfore it has a good chance of happening again. This is not fullproof...but.....mine has been on now for close to 6 hours with no glitches whatsoever. So I have resnapped mine back together. I hope you can too.

Collapse -
monitor not responding
by allanmphoto / March 11, 2010 11:46 PM PST

i have connected the monitor to my macbook via DVI and MINI-DVI, a square block floats around the screen saying check signal cable.(I have checked the cable.
Even when the cable is unplugged from my mac the same thing happens.
I cant use any of the function keys from the monitor.
when going to preference display it does not pick it up.
I connected it with a laptop and the windows picture came on for about 30 seconds, and monitor started asking we to choose a language then went back to check signal cable, I'm going crazy
Help please

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET's Tech Minute

Top 3 news reading apps

With the latest tech, getting news delivered to your phone is easier than ever. Here's a roundup of apps that are customizable and useful for getting the news.