Samsung forum

General discussion

by peabudy / January 29, 2010 12:45 AM PST

Just got the Samsung HT-WS1 speaker system with wireless sub-hooked it up-it kills my wireless internet connection. I know it runs at 2.4ghz-does anyone know what exact frequency it runs so I can change my wireless internet channel?

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG SPEAKER BAR HT-WS1 INTERFERENCE
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 29, 2010 8:43 AM PST

Unfortunately, I don't have those specifications available. But adjusting the frequency is probably a good approach, as the frequency on the HT-WS1 is not adjustable.

Collapse -
O boy...
by emiel.dehaan / January 31, 2010 3:28 AM PST

I've had this soundbar for approx 6 months now and it's driving me wild... It kills wifi every now and then and most irritating it buzzes like crazy (probably due to radio interference from wifi, bluetooth and whatever else is running on 2.4ghz)... I've tried every wifi channel available with little to no result. Pure and utter crap!

So, please, if anyone recognizes these problems and knows how to fix it, please help.

Collapse -
interference wifi
by Daemia2000 / June 29, 2010 5:42 AM PDT

I have the Samsung HT-WS1 soundbar for about 2 months now i and have the same problem with interference of wifi.. i have a Linksys wireless router and have tried every Channel but without any result.. my soundbar still cuts off my internet connection..

my question is what is Samsung going to do about this problem, this is an issue that a lot of people have with this soundbar.. and to be honest im quite sick of it..

Collapse -
Interference WIFI
by bhizer1690 / July 7, 2010 1:21 PM PDT
In reply to: interference wifi

I have the same issues with my Samsung HT-WS1 soundbar. I have changed channels on my linksys router with no success. Were you able to solve the problem?

Collapse -
Mee too....
by KT400 / July 13, 2010 9:06 PM PDT
In reply to: Interference WIFI

I have the same soundbar (HT-WS1) - and the same problem.
After numerous attempts, I have not yet found an un-interfered channel - however, for me is channel 8 the the channel where I experience less trouble.

I live in Norway, and I have been in contact with Samsung Nordic Support. It seems like they acknowledge the problem, but no resolution is provided.

Collapse -
ditto no wireless access to Samsung LCD tv
by rufous4 / September 16, 2010 12:29 AM PDT

I deliberately got a WIRED subwoofer soundbar--the Sony HT-CT100--so's to be able to access Netflix via our linksys wireless router connected to our PC upstairs. I'd read of interference issues with wireless router accessability and wireless sub-woofers so I shied away from the Samsung and other sound bars.

Guess what? I'm not able to connect to Netflix since installing the Sony sound bar either (had no problem pre sound bar). Came to Cnet forums for help...

Is there no solution for ANY soundbar with wireless or wired subwoofer, if one's tv or blu-ray player accesses the internet via a wireless router connected to PC?

Thanks for any suggestions or info....

Collapse -
Glad I'm not the only one
by an66223 / January 28, 2011 9:53 AM PST

The same thing is happening to me too. I've tried calling Samsung customer service and they tell me that they've never heard of this. YEAH RIGHT!! I usually buy Samsung products and have been satisfied, but their customer service is TERRIBLE!

I've changed my channels on my router, but it doesn't help at all. I wish I would've known this before I wasted my money.

We keep the wireless sub unplugged unless we're watching a movie, but the sound bar alone sounds terrible without it.

Now, for some reason every morning I have to go into the menu and turn on external speakers because it resets to tv speakers. This is annoying because sometimes I can't find the right remote and we're not able to use it.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smart Home Help

Light bulbs you shouldn't buy

There are plenty of dimmable LED light bulbs, but make sure you don't buy the ones that flicker when you dial them down.