Samsung forum

Question

SAMSUNG SMART TV - Youtube not playing many Videos

by Nasrsoft / February 26, 2013 10:57 AM PST

Hello,
When I try to search for some videos, it is showing up in search results but it says UNABLE TO PLAY THE VIDEO. I later realized that these videos/movies may be paid/free but they require on more click (WATCH NOW) to start playing (when you try to run the same movies using computer). But I guess the SAMSUNG's so called SMART TVs are not smart enough to recognize this and prompt the user if he/she wants to pay to watch the movie.

I'm sure some samsung tech will pass the buck to youtube, but it's samsung's duty to complaint such issues to youtube, put some pressure and get them fixed!!!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: SAMSUNG SMART TV - Youtube not playing many Videos
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: SAMSUNG SMART TV - Youtube not playing many Videos
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Clarification Request
To make this easier to re-create for HDTech.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 26, 2013 11:02 AM PST

Add the full model number and version of the YouTube app.

I see you're read prior replies. Besides here, be sure to call it in. They need your calls to know it's something to ask to be fixed.
Bob

Collapse -
Re: SAMSUNG SMART TV - Youtube not playing many Videos
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / February 27, 2013 2:17 AM PST
Collapse -
I wish I wasn't.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 27, 2013 2:22 AM PST

Yes, I know a bit about that issue. That and how apps make their way to the devices.
Just wish I had some magic spell to make it all work.
Bob

Collapse -
Reply from YOUTUBE
by Nasrsoft / March 1, 2013 7:02 AM PST

"It is possible to enable those videos or movies you are talking about.
Enabling those videos again would require Samsung to step in and fix an issue in their platform because with recent app update we can't show ads on 2012 Samsung TVs anymore"

Can we expect samsung to take some pain in making their customers happy??

Collapse -
Good to read this.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2013 7:14 AM PST
In reply to: Reply from YOUTUBE

So Google won't fix this because they want to play ads?

Wait a moment, it's their web site so what stopped them from playing the ad before the video?

Google? -1.
Bob

Collapse -
So you're telling me.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2013 7:20 AM PST
In reply to: Good to read this.

That Google can't tweak their app to play the ad, then play your choice?

If you believe this, I have some bridges for sale.
Bob

Collapse -
Still waiting for a SAMSUNG tech guy to answer...
by Nasrsoft / March 1, 2013 12:04 PM PST
In reply to: Reply from YOUTUBE

@Bob ... I dont know if samsung pays you to defend them in this forum, But let me tell you, I'm neither against Samsung nor Google.

What really matters an ordinary customer like me is the end result... how the apps are functioning, am I happy with the product I bought, etc... I don't care if Samsung asks its engineers to correct the platform OR puts pressure on google to correct youtube. I'm bothered about using YOUTUBE which is actually one of the MARKETING points for a smart TV from samsung. It says you can play YOUTUBE, netflix, blah blah blah. Imagine, the very heart of advertising of this so called smart TV is faulty. (delete youtube from your apps and look at the way the sales go DOWN!!! ... but that is much butter and an honest approach rather than giving a faulty app or an incompatible platform for youtube)

And I'm asking SAMSUNG because It is SAMSUNG that I DIRECTLY paid big bucks and bought this TV. I paid youtube nothing (and I don't care what samsung pays google). And this is the very reason I said in my first post.... it's really easy to pass the blame. And I don't say its totally samsung's fault, but it is SAMSUNG that is answerable to me.

Just get it fixed guys...

Collapse -
Just get it fixed guys...
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 1, 2013 3:06 PM PST

Nod. My thought on this is from a programmer's perspective. I've written apps for far too long to accept Google's reply.

I hear you about who you paid and have been watching the show about how the TV is a platform similar to say a laptop running Windows. If you had this issue on a laptop and Microsoft's Internet Explorer didn't work with a web site, you would not chase Dell down. Here we have a "platform" and the author is not the maker of the platform so it's going to be interesting how this all plays out.
Bob

Collapse -
issue with laptop...
by Nasrsoft / March 1, 2013 4:05 PM PST

You seriously asking this question about laptop and dell??? lol
1. I dont buy laptop from dell cuz it comes with IE (reason is not even windows) .... but i buy cuz it has latest processor... RAM... etc. In short hardware. And no computer company advertises that the laptop can run certain browser/app/OS. Its not their selling point. Even if they sell it with Linux, people will buy it if it has good hardware. BUT... if they say they have the latest processor and customers discover that it is faulty.... then? Can we blame dell? I think YES we can.
Correct your analogy plz (with all due respect...)

Collapse -
OK, then the car analogy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2013 3:58 AM PST
In reply to: issue with laptop...

Pick some "platform" and the car is closer to this because while Ford uses Microsoft for the Smart Car features, you take it back to Ford for the issue.

But there's the rub, Microsoft will not correct the annoying issue of what you are complaining about so Ford is left with a very upset customer.

How about that analogy?
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung must surely be paying you...
by Nasrsoft / March 2, 2013 6:35 AM PST

@Bob : Wow man... even samsung wouldn't defend itself as much as you are defending samsung... i guess...lol

This discussion is going no where...

@SAMSUNG (NOT BOB) : All I want is get the bugs in Samsung's Platform fixed so That I can run all youtube videos (SAMSUNG advertised that I can use their TV to use Youtube).
OR install an ADVANCED BROWSER (are you going to pass the blame to Linux now? :P) which can play flash content (latest flash) and long length videos without interruption.

Collapse -
I wish I was being paid.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 2, 2013 6:59 AM PST

I agreed with you and for that you wrote that reply. That OK as I understand how frustrating this area is.

My only hope is you'll call it in and if you feel it's a maker's failure to deliver on some feature that was promised, take it back.
Bob

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Update
by Nasrsoft / February 26, 2013 11:08 AM PST

Thanks for your feedback bob...

Samsung TV Model: UN46EH5300
Youtube version: 1.074

I dont remember the previous posts I read...

Collapse -
TO SAMSUNG TECH GUYS
by Nasrsoft / March 2, 2013 6:37 AM PST
In reply to: Update
@SAMSUNG (NOT BOB) : All I want is get the bugs in Samsung's Platform fixed so That I can run all youtube videos (SAMSUNG advertised that I can use their TV to use Youtube).
OR install an ADVANCED BROWSER (are you going to pass the blame to Linux now? :P) which can play flash content (latest flash) and long length videos without interruption.
Collapse -
Re: TO SAMSUNG TECH GUYS
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 4, 2013 8:27 AM PST
In reply to: TO SAMSUNG TECH GUYS

Hi Nasrsoft,

I've noted your complaints, and while I don't believe there's anything Samsung can do to resolve them with your current product, I'll definitely pass them along to the appropriate channels.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Thanks
by Nasrsoft / March 8, 2013 12:45 AM PST

Thanks... I really appreciate it!!!
Even a good advanced browser will solve most of the issues I believe.

Thanks again for considering my requests.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Smartphone tip

Hoarding photos on your phone?

Those picture are hogging memory and could be slowing down your phone.