Samsung forum

Question

Samsung SMART TV webbrowser - no audio.

by PVS11 / March 18, 2012 1:09 AM PDT

I have a Samsung SMART TV un60d7000vfza. Sofware is up-to-date. TV is connected directly to home internet.

When trying to use the Samsung provided webbrowser app, where the site has imbedded adobe/flash video - I'm experiencing the following:

No audio (what he heck is going on here?)
(and Poor streaming performance)

I am able to get other audio (mp3 for example). Other apps in the SmartHUB work fine (eg netflix, vudu).

Are there known problems with audio (and flash performance) w/i the Samsung webbrowser?

thanks in advance for any response.

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung SMART TV webbrowser - no audio.
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung SMART TV webbrowser - no audio.
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Answer
Yes.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / March 18, 2012 5:07 AM PDT

The web browsers in TVs, BD players and more are not as capable or advanced as your everyday PC browser. The answer is simply yes. The web site's author would have to test their site with the HDTV and tweak as needed.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
What site?
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 19, 2012 9:11 AM PDT

Which sites are you trying to view?

--HDTech

Collapse -
Hmm, now it works.
by PVS11 / March 26, 2012 8:03 AM PDT
In reply to: What site?

Originally, I was trying to watch a live broadcast of a musical performance on www.musicforall.org. And I was also having problems trying to view the recording post-performance. (This site seems to be using Adobe Flash, and a tool called Scattr.tv).

In response to your 'which site question', I decided to try and watch a video on www.cnn.com (an adobe flash video) and it worked! So then I went back to www.musicforall.org, and now things seem to be working fine.

Not really sure what I've done differently. Either an operator error on my part, or a gremlin.

I'm not really sure how the Adobe Plug-in is installed or maintained in the TV's web browser, but it seems to be working now.

So now I can watch my kid's performances (Honor Band of America) on my Samsung SMART TV TV, with my Yamaha surround sound system. Very nice ...

Thank you

Collapse -
Hmm, now it works.
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / March 26, 2012 10:24 AM PDT
In reply to: Hmm, now it works.

PVS11 -

I'm glad to hear it worked out. I'm not sure what would have caused the initial stream to not work. Not all sites will be supported, and some purposefully lock down options. But in this case, it just sounds like a restart fixed the issue.

--HDTech

Collapse -
i have same problem on my new smart tv model
by bobjuventini / November 13, 2012 1:38 AM PST

Hi
i have a samsung smart tv ue46es7000
when i try to watch some channels from futubox.com (or other streaming from other site) i get no sound
what can i do?
help please

Collapse -
Re: i have same problem on my new smart tv model
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 13, 2012 1:51 AM PST
Collapse -
so i can put my heart on peace :)
by bobjuventini / November 13, 2012 2:10 AM PST

thanx for the answer;
its about 2 weeks, i try everything, reset, hard reset, etc and now some app not appear on smart hub (strange because they are installed)
some of this limitations on browser I already knew,
anyway my flash version on TV is 11.2.202 and the flash version of futubox is 11.5.etc
really with the version 11.2 can't hear sound from the version 11.5 ? do you know what I mean?
sorry for my english Happy

Collapse -
Re: so i can put my heart on peace :) -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / November 13, 2012 2:30 AM PST

Hi bobjuventini,

Yeah, I understand what you mean. Happy And by the way, I've seen far worse English, so keep practicing; I'm sure that you'll get better with time.

HD Tech

Collapse -
No sound when using streaming from browser
by larbakium / December 11, 2012 6:02 PM PST

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring this thread up again...

I have a UE40ES5500 and I am facing the same problem. Here is my experience:
1. When accessing websites for streaming I get image but no sound.
2. Some websites work with sound and image fine.
3. happened to me that it was working fine and after a refresh the sound is gone.

If it would be the case the audio settings on the streaming would not be supported than it would not work and stop right?

Also, a this works ok on my friends TV. He has a UE46ES6710, I know its different model.. but the firmware and SmartHub should be the same for both devices.
Can this be hardware problem?
What should I look at?

Collapse -
Be sure to read the prior replys.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / December 11, 2012 11:32 PM PST

The TV browser is very limited and requires the web site to test and support the TV viewing. Some folk had hope to replace a PC for browsing and you can see the result.
Bob

Collapse -
Strange problem
by pkazasidis / April 26, 2014 10:26 AM PDT

I have a Samsung UE46F6400 smart tv and I have problem with the sound in live streaming. I play a video from cnn and the sound is ok. Then I play a live stream game, I have sound for one second and then nothing...... Frustrating.....

Collapse -
Look up top.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 26, 2014 10:35 AM PDT
In reply to: Strange problem

The web site must test to see if there is any issue with these Smart TVs. It's not close to what you get on a PC but I continue to see folk want it to be as good as the PC.
Bob

PS. This thread is more than 769 days old. Not much has changed on this topic, in fact nothing has changed.

Collapse -
Story
by pkazasidis / April 26, 2014 10:40 AM PDT
In reply to: Look up top.

The story is that I used to hear sound since I bought it, December 13, until some day, almost 2 months ago, that I suddenly didn't ......

Collapse -
Web sites change all the time.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / April 26, 2014 11:23 AM PDT
In reply to: Story

All it would take is for the site to change encoding, patch for Heart Bleed, break something. If you can, ask the web site in question (AKA the webmaster) to support Smart TVs.
Bob

Collapse -
Twitch.tv
by curset / August 3, 2013 9:15 AM PDT
In reply to: What site?

smart tv web browser does not support the audio on twitch.tv what is the problem? i can watch the video, change the resolution but i cant hear the sound, i tried multiple things to figure out the problem but i am sure this is something about browser support.

Collapse -
In this case it's easy.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / August 3, 2013 9:41 AM PDT
In reply to: Twitch.tv

Contact Twitch and ask them to support Smart TVs. If they have a Mobile page, try that.

Sorry but the discussion about the browser itself is well done. This thread is more than 503 days old.
Bob

Collapse -
Answer
same here
by Tusderf / July 7, 2012 3:29 PM PDT

i have same problem on my new smart tv model

Samsung
LED UN40EH5300GXZS

i can see the screen on navigator ,but i cant hear anything , do u have any idea why happend this?

the web sites are all national tv (Chile)

www.13.cl
www.mega.cl
www.chv.cl

i hope u have any idea how to solve this , thanks !

Collapse -
Just so you get an early answer.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 7, 2012 11:34 PM PDT
In reply to: same here

1. The web site must support use on the HDTV. Folk often forget this is not a "PC".

2. This forum gets mostly USA support. Be sure to use your Samsung support in your country.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Big stars on small screens

Smosh tells CNET what it took to make it big online

Internet sensations Ian Hecox and Anthony Padilla discuss how YouTube has changed and why among all their goals, "real TV" isn't an ambition.