Samsung forum

Samsung smart tv UN32EH5200 netflix problems "unavailable"

by edawson24 / January 25, 2014 4:36 AM PST

Tv was given as a christmas present worked fine up until about 3 days ago. Everytime I try to load a movie/show on netflix it loads 1/4 way then error pops up saying title unavailable please try a different title...Nothing will work after numerous attempts. Called samsung/netflix each wants to blame the other with no help. I have the tv connected through LAN in NETGEAR b90. Worked perfectly since christmas. I tried using the via the smart tv and download speed was 3.6 mpbs. Here are all the things I have tried with nothing seeming to work

- reset television
- update Smart Hub software
- reset router/unplugged tv
- deactivated/reinstalled Netflix on tv
- changed DNS to
- had my account with Netflix de/reactived
- created another Netflix account
- created a Samsung Smart Hub account
- set clock/time to manual

Please if anyone can help me out I would greatly appreciate it as this is very aggrivating. Thanks in advance for your help. Any other info needed please let me know

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung smart tv UN32EH5200 netflix problems "unavailable"
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung smart tv UN32EH5200 netflix problems "unavailable"
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
There's a post here about
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 25, 2014 5:02 AM PST

1. Factory reset.
2. Changing the TV to another country and then back to your country. Sorry I don't support that but ask Samsung to reveal how.

Collapse -
thanks for luck
by edawson24 / January 25, 2014 11:23 PM PST

I tried doing what you asked, and unfortunately still running into the same error. I can connect to smarthub, but the opnly thing that seems to work is pandora radio. youtube wont stream and netflix still the same error

Collapse -
Always check
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 25, 2014 11:41 PM PST

Samsung's Facebook page and call it in. I can't keep track if their services are up or not but last week my neighbor returned a tablet because 3 days of not being able to register. Something's up or down.

Collapse -
I called it in
by edawson24 / January 25, 2014 11:57 PM PST
In reply to: Always check

and they gave me the usual blame game run around. Samsung says their end is fine its a netflix issue, i call netflix and they blame samsung. My neighbor has a samsung smart tv just went next door and his is working and playing fine. Its really aggrivating. I just dont know what else there is to do

Collapse -
Make it a cause for return.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 12:08 AM PST
In reply to: I called it in

It's a shame they did that. Yes it could be some router issue but they didn't do that. There are posts here where they replaced boards to fix it but you tried what they asked and it's down.

-> Keep in mind that with the fall of Net Neutrality the entire video over internet is at risk now. Shame too.

Collapse -
Would it be a router issue
by edawson24 / January 26, 2014 12:38 AM PST

evemthough I have it connected directly to the modem via ethermet/lan? I purchased tv less then 30 days ago at bestbuy. theyre usually good about returns. should I try bringing it back telling them its not working properly and get another one? Not sure that it works like that? Any input

Collapse -
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 12:54 AM PST

Great test and removes the router from the discussion. HOWEVER as Net Neutrality was struck down all bets are off that your ISP isn't tinkering with the network. I've seen a few unexplainable disruptions here and had to use my backup internet connection.

But since Netflix is part of the TV, Samsung gets to deal with its failures and possible demise (worst case scenario.)

Collapse -
is there anyway
by edawson24 / January 26, 2014 1:09 AM PST
In reply to: No.

to figure out if/why my isp isnt tinkering with the network? The isp is through ATT its adsl/router from netgear, but like I said I have it plugged directly into the modem itself.

Collapse -
I wish I had written ATT before you did.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: is there anyway

ATT was one of the most common listed ISPs when the last Netflix and Samsung outage hit.

You just explained it. ATT has their own service and you can bet, with the fall of Net Neutrality they will be the first to tinker.

To test this you need another ISP to do the testing. Shame you mentioned ATT since they were causing one of the last headaches. Changing the DNS in the past fixed it but you did that.

Collapse -
im bringing the
by edawson24 / January 26, 2014 1:34 AM PST

tv over to my parents today, they have brighthouse lightspeed. Im on the phone with att as we speak. im able to access the internet through the tv, will stream video, however the netflix and youtube apps wont

Collapse -
Are you aware what Net Neutrality meant?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 1:43 AM PST
In reply to: im bringing the
Collapse -
spoke with samsung via remote control
by edawson24 / January 26, 2014 6:26 AM PST

Its def not an internet problem as it still doesnt connect at my parents whos onternet is pushing 60 mbps samsung states its an error quite a few people are getting. There is something wrong w the ap itself. Theyve been remote accessing it for over an hour now. Said irs rffecting all different platforms not just samsung?

Collapse -
Look at Samsung's Facebook page
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 26, 2014 8:22 AM PST

It's a sign there is something broken. You've done what you could, followed Samsung's instructions and more.

Time to make it a reason for a return?

Collapse -
Try this
by rms59 / January 26, 2014 10:50 AM PST

How do you connect your receiver to the TV? If it's HDMI, make sure you have a "high speed" cable. Just a shot in the dark here.

Collapse -
Not sure
by edawson24 / January 26, 2014 8:43 PM PST
In reply to: Try this

That would make a difference w the netflix ap itself, however it don't have a receiver set up. Just the tv with LAN line running to the modem

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.