Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Smart TV Network Issue

by miteshsutaria / July 20, 2012 2:27 PM PDT

Hi

I recently received a Boxes 46" Samsung Smart TV.(3D n Allshare)
Model : UA46Es6100 from china

I am able to do the network settings through my Linksys Router and 2 ticks for connectivity to the internet. Wifi <=> internet

When i go to Smart Hub, i cant use any of the apps. e.g Browser keeps saying connecting. It used to give network_bind_error but now all i see is connecting

Can an expert tell me what to do, if there is any settings i need to change tell me, if you want any settings, let me know. Any links.

mitu

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart TV Network Issue
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart TV Network Issue
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
Sadly not much.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2012 2:31 PM PDT

China has the great firewall so you have to seek help in your country. We know the date and time must be set and the bind error happens when the servers are being worked on. You can see other posts about that here.
Bob

Collapse -
Samsung Smart TV Network Issue
by miteshsutaria / July 20, 2012 3:40 PM PDT
In reply to: Sadly not much.

Hi

I am in a country called Fiji, south pacific only the TV is from China/HK.

At least the browser should open up...any ideas

Collapse -
I don't think the browser opens up
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 20, 2012 11:26 PM PDT

With that error or the set is from another area.

I think you need to contact Samsung's office that services Fiji. I would be guessing that the region issue could be a factor here.

Bob

Collapse -
browser
by miteshsutaria / July 21, 2012 7:36 AM PDT

even if it is out of region, should the browser app open and give an error?

someone had suggested to update the firmware , any suggestions on this?

Collapse -
What to do next.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 21, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
In reply to: browser

I'm sorry if I was unclear. With the new "Smart TV" may come restrictions on moving such things from area to area. Be sure to ask your Samsung support for Fiji.
Bob

Collapse -
app not work
by miteshsutaria / July 27, 2012 4:51 PM PDT

can anyone give me some ideas on this? no applications seem to be working even after firmware update to 1006.

Collapse -
Solved - Samsung Smart TV using Apps
by RavyChand / January 31, 2013 5:19 AM PST

Hi,

How To Set Your Country Code In Smart Hub

Important:

a. Your IP address determines the content you will be able to view and access not the country code the TV is set to.
b. Setting the country code in the TV to a country that you are not physically in will let you download apps for that country but you will not be able to view and access that content.
c. Your TV must already be connected to the internet to set your country code.

To set your country code, follow these steps:

1 Open Smart Hub.
2 Aim
your remote at the TV and press the following button in order. [FF]

[2]

[8]

[9]

[RW]
3 A
country code list will appear. Use the up and
down arrows
to select your desired country, and then press ENTER
. NB: I am from Fiji and my country was not listed there so choose "French territory....."
4 Smart
Hub will reset and update the app list to reflect the selected country.

This will take few minutes to updates. You are ready to browse!
Enjoy your SmartTV
Rav

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 47,885 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,322 discussions
icon
iPhones, iPods, & iPads 3,188 discussions
icon
Security 30,333 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,177 discussions
icon
HDTV Picture Setting 1,932 discussions
icon
Phones 15,713 discussions
icon
Windows 7 6,210 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,510 discussions

Tech for the school year

Smart tech for smart students

Forget the pencils and notebooks. Gear up your students with these portable and powerful note-taking machines.