Samsung forum

General discussion

Samsung Smart Tv D8005 (UE46D8005YUXXE) wireless not working

by f-fler / August 1, 2011 3:20 AM PDT

I've just bought a Samsung D8005 and the wireless connection worked twice and then stopped working out of nowhere.

Post a reply
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart Tv D8005 (UE46D8005YUXXE) wireless not working
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart Tv D8005 (UE46D8005YUXXE) wireless not working
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.
Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 1, 2011 6:17 AM PDT

Collapse -
by f-fler / August 1, 2011 6:53 AM PDT

This model (UE46D8005YUXXE) has built-in wifi.

Collapse -
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / August 2, 2011 12:53 AM PDT

Collapse -
Reset TV? again? Come on, this is not the year 1999,Samsung.
by hulkmeister78 / August 21, 2012 8:18 AM PDT

"Any ideas? I don't think it's my router, since it doesn't even find any other networks."

I have the same exact problem.

The Wifi in the tv doesn't find ANY networks. I know there are at least 20 networks nearby and I'm using one. The tv and wifi worked earlier just fine, now nothing.

Seems like another unfinished product to me.

Collapse -
I also have this problem. Worked fine for 3 weeks.
by Rerve / August 26, 2012 12:55 PM PDT

I've reset about 20 times. Reset my router also.

The TV can't find any of the multiple wifi networks that every other device I have can find.

Worked fine for 3 weeks, now it just times out when searching. Oddly, if I turn the TV on and quickly go into network setup it finds all the networks but after 2 seconds the screen disappears?

So annoying.

Collapse -
"Solution" - return it.
by hulkmeister78 / August 26, 2012 7:27 PM PDT

First, I have to say my model was different, but the problem was similar. (Maybe I shouldn't have posted this here).

I called Samsung and they said it's impossible to reset wifi settings and that could be hardware related (which I doubt). Anyway, they said I could return mine to the shop and get a new one, so I did.

Mine was just few days "old" and it worked in the beginning. Then the internet didn't work anymore and next the setting screen didn't show any networks anymore (not mine or neighbors').

It's funny when you "reset" the tv the screen says something like "This option will reset the tv except for the wi-fi settings". Strange feature.

I suggest you call Samsung and good luck with the return.

Collapse -
Same problem with smart tv 5300
by primkiller / November 12, 2012 10:57 PM PST

you find any solution to this? i need help

Collapse -
Sorry for late reply
by hulkmeister78 / January 14, 2013 3:50 AM PST

The solution was to return it and the retailer changed it to another.
The retailer has a no questions asked policy to return within 2 weeks anyway so I'm not sure how it would've turned out in some other retailer.

It's either the firmware or hardware, but the thing was.. It was impossible to reset wifi-settings.

Collapse -
Samsung WiFi
by anotheroneoff / January 23, 2013 5:42 AM PST
Collapse -
Believe it or not...
by Exqwizzed / November 6, 2012 1:40 AM PST

I had the EXACT same problem, searched everywhere for a solution and tried everything (short of returning the TV). And just because nothing else worked, and as a last resort, I tried just simply unplugging the TV. After plugging it back in... The wireless network was finally found and so far it has been connecting like a charm!

Collapse -
Wireless not working
by primkiller / November 12, 2012 10:12 PM PST

I have the same problem anyone can help please

any solution

i cant see any wireless and when i plug wired load and load and loading nothing happens!

Collapse -
Latest greatest - still have the problem
by bbgun7 / January 14, 2013 1:41 AM PST
In reply to: Wireless not working

I bought the latest Samsung 65" ES8000 and the problems are identical - wifi worked for me a few times and then it just stopped working. Ethernet works fine, no wifi any more - flashed quickly on the screen a couple of times. No luck with "resetting." Fortunately, it quit working within a week and Best Buy is replacing it. Samsung must have bought a stack of this technology with a high failure rate and don't seem to care about quality control for consumer satisfaction. It's not a grudge attack on Samsung, I've never dealt with them before, but c'mon, years of the same issue? Who does that? If Sony hadn't priced themselves out of the market, I would get a second full-array XBR, but it's not even close to being competitively priced. Do you think these 2 high-end LED sets (XBR 52* & 65" ES8000) will benefit from calibration?

Collapse -
So you've had this issue since August 2011?
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 14, 2013 2:51 AM PST

This thread is that old. If you can't get something fixed in over a year you should return it.

Maybe you just tagged onto an old discussion? If so, create a new post with model # and if you called in, that transaction number.

Collapse -
Same thoughts
by hulkmeister78 / January 14, 2013 3:53 AM PST

I had the same case (different model)
I was wondering, what if you don't use the wifi at all during the first year and lated try it.

Such bad quality(!?)

Glad we we're lucky enough to get them replaced by the shop.

Collapse -
Latest greatest Samsung still manufactured with same defect
by bbgun7 / January 14, 2013 4:29 AM PST
In reply to: Same thoughts

Who the heck is Bob Proffitt? He's obviously not a very good reader. The thread is still relevant so the world knows that this is neither an old problem, nor a new one, but one that has been allowed to persist for far too long and there are no signs it's going away any time soon. It might make more sense if the thread was sorted from most recent to oldest - is there a way to do that?

To hulkmeister's point, you should not need an extended warranty from the retailer for a persistent manufacturer's defect, but it makes me glad I have one.

I will admit that, other than the wifi and the useless universal remote, it's a good enough TV that, if I had to do it again, I would buy it again. Who calls a remote "universal" when it cannot control the volume on anything other than the TV. Even my cable remote can control the volume on my non-wifi receiver. It would have been way cheaper to ship with one good remote instead of 2 inadequate ones and an expensive looking IR blaster, that still can't control volume.

Collapse -
Just a mod.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 14, 2013 4:32 AM PST

You can dig up old posts but you are doing yourself a disfavor. Discussions are going to be hard to hold as the forum bottoms out and you can't reply.

Top post your concerns along with model numbers, transaction numbers to get the best responses and most of all -> Responses to you personally.

As an aside, these are not computers. They added a bunch of features but folk expected more. Can't blame folk for wanting the full PC experience on a TV.

Also, some features just don't exist. You listed one.

Collapse -
"Full experience"
by hulkmeister78 / January 14, 2013 6:39 AM PST
In reply to: Just a mod.

Way Off topic.. Just a quick reply to Rob's comment"As an aside, these are not computers. They added a bunch of features but folk expected more. Can't blame folk for wanting the full PC experience on a TV."

Samsung promises an interactive TV experience which it can't deliver. The apps in the smart tv are ridiculously bad (which I did suspect, but didn't care). In case the apps really would work well, there would be no need for Apple TV gadget.

I hope some brand would make a smart TV that works as promised. Apple is lacking app store from it's appleTV gadget and samsung just doesn't deliver.

As you said, these are not computers.. therefore they really should make sure these things work. As game consoles are not computers either, the quality standard must be set higher with "home appliances".

Collapse -
We're still comparing our PC experiences.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 14, 2013 6:47 AM PST
In reply to: "Full experience"

If you think about a TV in 2000 and today these are extremely good performers. But I hear you loud and clear. My suggestion so far is to ignore the smart tv features, don't pay for that and focus on picture quality.

Again, top post so you can get answers to your questions. We know that some features are missing such as that remote control limitation.

I know some folk want an unified remote but given the how many thousand devices out there, it does not seem possible today for the price folk want to pay. Example? Logitech Harmony.

Collapse -
Remote Controls
by bbgun7 / January 16, 2013 10:48 AM PST

I wasn't going to respond, but Bob's last comment about remotes was the kind of thinking that manufacturers use to make excuses for their failure, but it just isn't based on facts. Samsung failed their customers in a few areas that they could have EASILY gotten right, but I suspect Bob works for Samsung. Universal remotes have been around for a long time and with a simple 4 digit code, which is published by manufacturers, cable companies have been successfully supplying universal remotes for ages - even since the VCR days. Heck, you can buy one for 10 bucks at Walm. The fact that Samsung charged me enough for my TV to include 2 elaborate & expensive remotes and a fancy IR blaster that will gather dust for the next 5 years, when they could have supplied one that does it all is ludicrous. They could have invested the time & money in improving quality, customer satisfaction and loyalty. Instead they commodotize themselves.

To blame it on the customer saying they just want too much is silly. It it silly to expect something you pay $3,000 for to work? Don't call it a Smart TV if you're not there yet because it undermines your credibility. Deliver what you promise and you get a Brand that survives. Under-promise and over-deliver brings much more profit in the long haul.

Collapse -
I wish I did.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 16, 2013 11:37 AM PST
In reply to: Remote Controls

I'm a developer of many things. My view is a little wider and my advice is simple. Get a great TV.

Collapse -
Es7000 same problem - FIXED!
by Samsung_es7000 / February 9, 2013 5:11 PM PST

The wifi on my es7000 worked fine for about 3 weeks, then one day it just stopped being able to see any wireless networks any more. Once or twice after a reboot it worked again, but eventually it was dead forever.

Samsung sent an engineer to my house, the TV Was still under warrantee and being a 46 inch they say its too be for me to ship it so the did a home visit (for free of course). Very good service.

The engineer turns up, he says he's seen this before but it's not very common. He took the back of the tv off, just a bunch of screws to access that. Then took the plastic surround off the back, about 20+ screws. That gave access to the wifi module which is situated centre bottom of the panel. Unclip a cable, remove module, put new module in and put it all back together. Works fine now. Whole job took about 10 minutes.

I don't know if it is possible to source those modules, but anyone who has basic skills and is not afraid to take their tv apart could fix this. Don't blame me if you kill your tv though, do it at your own risk.

Collapse -
Thank you!
by hulkmeister78 / February 10, 2013 4:55 AM PST

Thanks for replying! While no one should open up televisions and change wifi-modules, it might be the last choice if it happens after the warranty period. I hope some nerd will make a manual to e.g.

20 screws doesn't sound impossible. I'm a noob, but have been able to change old iBook that had also dozens of screws..

So, Samsung seems to have a series of bad wifi-modules.. Perhaps with non updatable firmware. It seemed like a bug that wi-fi settings couldn't be reset properly in the options.

I hope someone at samsung would read this and come up with a proper answer. What if you use the tv with a cable for 3 years and then you move to another flat and start using wifi and it doesn't work.

It's now up to Samsung to step up and show that they care at least a little bit about customer satisfaction and their image. My feeling is that they just make mediocre software, bad remotes with 80's design. They have an arrogant image and I hope they come to their senses.

Collapse -
Samsung PN 51D6500
by Jayhg11 / February 11, 2013 1:18 AM PST
In reply to: Thank you!

I recently reset my router and re-named it. Now, my smart tv, turns itself off every time I go into the wifi settings to change the info... Of course, the warranty just expired and gonna cost a fortune to take it into shop... Any ideas? Thanks

Collapse -
"just expired"
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / February 11, 2013 1:22 AM PST
In reply to: Samsung PN 51D6500

In US you get 3 more months when you register. Hurry up and try that.

Collapse -
TV/monitor Samdung combo kaput
by Wiebke53 / July 24, 2015 1:06 AM PDT

My TV/Monitor combo acts weird, as it just shuts down. No matter if using control or hand push on/off button, I can't get it to go on again. It makes funny noises like it comes on and that goes off again....
I unplugged everything, no success either. Any clues?

My PC is a mini mac, and that also had been unplugged. Light indicated its on.
My iPad works fine and wifi and Internet also. Have new router box.
Any clues??

Collapse -
Clearly a warranty issue.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / July 24, 2015 8:46 AM PDT

Remember I don't see any back story so I take it failed out of the box. Box it back up if support fails and go get some other model.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.