Samsung forum

samsung smart tv and keyboard help

by dnhamilton / January 4, 2013 7:19 PM PST

I have a samsung ue32ts5500kxxu version 1. I haveconnected it to the network and everything works via the remote on the smart hub but it is so slow. I have just purchased the smart wireless keyboard and the pairing has been a problem. The on off to the tv works but the rest hows on the screen as not available then goes into pairingmode again. Cant seem to gert it to work, any ideas what I am doing wrong?

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: samsung smart tv and keyboard help
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: samsung smart tv and keyboard help
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
by smurph12 / January 4, 2013 11:51 PM PST

Keyboard model being used would help people solve your query?
I have seen that the Samsung KBD1000 & 1500 don't work with older models, and those below 6350!

Collapse -
by dnhamilton / January 5, 2013 12:05 AM PST

Many thanks, I purchased the VG-KBD1500/XU. I have just been told by the shop that i should try the KBD 1000. Is there no hope of getting a keyboard?

Collapse -
by smurph12 / January 5, 2013 1:17 AM PST

The newer 1500 only works with newer TV, some adverts say 2012 models only, the 1000 with some older high spec versions, there are other places to ask, or ask sasmung support directly.

I have seen this for 1500: LED ES6350 series and above, PDP E550 series and above,
and for 1000: LED ES6100 series and above, PDP E550 series and above.

You seem to have a LED TV signified by the UE, but 5500 is less than that that will work with either of these.
I'm not sure what TS means in your TV, I think it should be A-E, where A=2008, E=2012 etc. for year of manufacture.

Collapse -
by dnhamilton / January 5, 2013 7:24 PM PST

Many thanks for your help - I am very grateful. On checking again the actual Model serial number is UE32ES5500K XXU With another number of B4EL3HDC700089R . I only purchased the TV some 3 months ago so from what you are saying it is model too old for the keyboards. I will take your advice and ask Samsung for some advice.

Collapse -
re: samsung smart tv and keyboard help
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 8, 2013 12:45 AM PST

Hi dnhamilton,

As I menionted to smurph over on his post, if your model is like US model TVs, then you can use most USB, HID-compliant keyboards. But as I also told him, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for UK. So if you need the link, here's the Samsung UK portal for support on that product:

HD Tech

Collapse -
Is this good news for me or not
by bearrudy / January 10, 2013 10:12 PM PST

.... I am still holding out hope for a keyboard to add to my 2011 40"UN40D6300SFXZA and actually use my TV as intended....Right now I am running it as a SMART product by hooking my laptop to it....What a waste of money.

Collapse -
by smurph12 / January 11, 2013 1:28 AM PST

Couldn't agree more....reasly is shocking....why do one of the worlds largest TV manufacturers design.make & sell an item that be used to its full potential without a PROPER remote is beyond me...and there are some remotes out there, that are hard to get, not supported in some countries, and now non-existent....I'm at my wits end.....they SHOULD be told to upgrade hardware (if necessary) and supply all owners with a PROPER remote, and by that i mean one with keyboard and mouse type or track pad facility ASAP!

Come on Samsung tech, what you say.....

Collapse -
It's simpler than you can imagine.
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 11, 2013 1:34 AM PST
In reply to: agree

You are talking (writing) about a TV maker and folk are comparing their PC experiences.

For example the Web browser is a shadow of the capability that you get on a PC. So is it a Web browser at all? Coming from a TV only, it's quite a step up from where TVs used to be.

I hope you can see that a TV is not a PC. But some folk see what is happening and see the progress. Others want to compare it to a PC.

Collapse -
Re: Is this good news for me or not
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 11, 2013 4:08 AM PST

Hi dnhamilton,

I should add the clarification that USB, HID keyboard compatibility is true of 2012 models.

HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Keyboard
by dnhamilton / January 11, 2013 8:04 PM PST

Hi all, This is the very unhelpful response from Samsung. I am therefore suposed to purchase various keyboards until I get one that works. - They should be doing this or am I barking mad expecting this type of support?

Dear David,

Thank you for contacting Samsung.

We cannot recommend third party manufacturers' products to you because we cannot guarantee compatibility and cannot provide support for these products. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you require any further assistance, please contact Samsung again and we will be more than happy to help.

Kind regards,

Online Support Team
SAMSUNG Customer Support Centre

Need to contact the Samsung Customer Support Centre? EMAIL using the link below and we aim to answer your email within one business day TELEPHONE during our opening hours Monday - Saturday, 9am - 6pm
UK customers 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864)
EIRE customers 0818 717100 LETTER and we aim to acknowledge your letter within one business day of receipt
Samsung Customer Support Centre
PO Box 479
United Kingdom FAX and we aim to acknowledgeyour fax within one business day
UK customers 0330 7260001
EIRE customers +44 (0)117 915 6736

To maintain and improve the quality of our service, we will monitor and/or record telephone calls. If you need to call us from overseas or prefer not to use 0330 SAMSUNG (7267864), please call +44 (0)1932 454358. Calls to 0330 numbers cost no more than 5 pence per minute + set-up fee for BT residential customers; 0818 numbers cost no more than 15 cent per minute + set-up fee for eircom residential customers. Mobiles and other providers' costs may vary and charges are subject to change without notice and are provided as reference only.

Note: Thisemail was sent from a notification only email address that cannot accept incoming email. If you need to reply to this email, please use the link below

Collapse -
Samsung Keyboard
by smurph12 / January 11, 2013 11:24 PM PST
In reply to: Samsung Keyboard

Yeah, I have had many enquiries with them, and here responses are truly appalling and helpful....I will not be buying another Samsung main issue with hem being that if everything was good with their product, i wouldn't have to make enquiries!!

Anyway, what type/brand of remote was it, does its supplier/manufacturer not know?
I don't even know where to start to try looking as web searches don't provide ant answers.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.