Samsung forum

Samsung Smart Smart View app not working on my TV

by smoeller21 / July 3, 2012 9:40 AM PDT

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and my TV is a UN55D6000SFXZA. Please help!

Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung Smart Smart View app not working on my TV
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung Smart Smart View app not working on my TV
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Collapse -
Samsung smart iview app
by smoeller21 / July 3, 2012 9:41 AM PDT

The dual TV option is not even showing up on my tablet.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung smart iview app
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / July 5, 2012 12:19 AM PDT

Hey smoeller21,

The reason it's not working is that only models greater or equal to LED ES7500. Hope that's not too disappointing.

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Samsung Smart Smart View app not working on my TV and tablet
by acc0rd / January 2, 2013 2:39 AM PST

I have a galaxy 2 10.1 tablet and the samsung pn51e550 tv. I spoke with someone via the live chat on and they told me that my tv was compatible. When I try to use the app it doen't work. I bought this tablet based on what I was told about this feature working with my TV. Can you tell me if this TV model is compatible with smart view?

Collapse -
Re: Samsung Smart Smart View app not working on my TV and ta
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 3, 2013 7:02 AM PST
Collapse -
Samsung smart view dual screen does not work.
by Samsung3311 / January 28, 2013 6:57 AM PST

I did buy a SAMSUNG UE55ES8005 + Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 WiFi, GT-P3110, when i try to run the samsung app smart view, the duel service does not work, it is strange because both the TV and the Tab sails together and according to Samsung they are tottaly combatible with each other, but unfortunatlly it never worked, any suggestion or idea is preciaited..

Collapse -
Over in the CNET Networking Forum
by R. Proffitt Forum moderator / January 28, 2013 7:09 AM PST

The last addition I made to the Samsung Owner's Start Here post adds a common issue. There are a lot more but your post makes me want to check that out.

Collapse -
Re: Samsung smart view dual screen does not work
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / January 29, 2013 7:30 AM PST

Hi Samsung3311,

Thanks for your message. But just so you know, I support US products and customers. And from what I can tell, this model is for Sweden. (Correct me if I'm wrong.) So if you want the most accurate information, here's the Samsung Sweden portal for support on that product:

Hope this helps you!

HD Tech

Collapse -
authentication failure
by joewilding / December 8, 2013 10:25 PM PST

I have a galaxy tab 2 10.1 fully up to date but it wont connect to my new samsung smart tv ue50f6400.
it says it has an authentication error but it worked on my brothers galaxy s3 mobile phone

Collapse -
Re: authentication failure
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / December 9, 2013 11:28 PM PST
In reply to: authentication failure
Collapse -
Smart View for 2015 Samsung TV models not yet available?
by jbell93022 / June 15, 2015 1:33 AM PDT

I recently bought a 2015 model Samsung. I selected the J6300 instead of the J6200 partly because the former was said to allow "TV-to-mobile mirroring." I downloaded the latest version of the IOS app required to use this feature, Smart View 2.0. But when I selected my TV model, I received the following error message: "The selected TV does not support Smart View 2.0." I opened the following chat session, which explains the error message but does not solve the problem:

info: Please wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.
info: You are now chatting with 'Sadie'. There will be a brief survey at the end of our chat to share feedback on my performance today.
info: Your Issue ID for this chat is LTK1125604148814X
Sadie: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung technical support. How may I assist you?
Visitor: I am trying to use Smart View 2.0 with my un65J6300. The app is running on my iPhone 6. I receive an error message: "The selected TV doesn't support Smart View 2.0." I thought Smart View 2.0 was supposed to work with Samsung TVs built on or after 2014. What's wrong?
Sadie: I will be glad to assist you with the Smart View 2.0 issue.
Sadie: As per the information in our resources, Smart View 2.0 is available only for 2014 model TV's, as of now the compatible Smart View 2,0 app is not yet released for 2015 model TV's.
Visitor: So there will be a new app for 2015 model TV"s? Do you have a planned release date?
Sadie: The compatible Smart View 2.0 app is yet to be released, as of now there is no ETA, once the app is released, it will be posted on Samsung web site.
Visitor: Do you mind if I post this chat online? I'm sure a lot of other Samsung owners would appreciate knowing about this.
Visitor: You say that the app will be posted on the Samsung web site. Will there be an Apple IOS version on the Apple App store?
Sadie: To get the chat transcript of this session, please click on the blue "X" button on your chat console at the end of chat and please fill your valuable survey and provide your e-mail ID, the chat transcription will be send to your e-mail ID.

Popular Forums
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
Laptops 19,436 discussions
Security 30,426 discussions
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
Windows 10 360 discussions
Phones 15,802 discussions
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

CNET Holiday Gift Guide

Looking for great gifts under $100?

Trendy tech gifts don't require a hefty price tag. Choose from these CNET-recommended useful and high-quality gadgets.