Samsung forum

Resolved Question

Samsung smart hub wallpapers

by theitalianz333 / May 15, 2012 6:02 AM PDT

hey, im just curious if its possible to change the background/wallpaper of the smart hub on a Samsung smart tv to like a photo or image taken from the internet, instead of using the two default wallpapers it comes with. thanks in advanced i appreciate it

theitalianz333 has chosen the best answer to their question. View answer
Answer This Ask For Clarification
Discussion is locked
You are posting a reply to: Samsung smart hub wallpapers
The posting of advertisements, profanity, or personal attacks is prohibited. Please refer to our CNET Forums policies for details. All submitted content is subject to our Terms of Use.
Track this discussion and email me when there are updates

If you're asking for technical help, please be sure to include all your system info, including operating system, model number, and any other specifics related to the problem. Also please exercise your best judgment when posting in the forums--revealing personal information such as your e-mail address, telephone number, and address is not recommended.

You are reporting the following post: Samsung smart hub wallpapers
This post has been flagged and will be reviewed by our staff. Thank you for helping us maintain CNET's great community.
Sorry, there was a problem flagging this post. Please try again now or at a later time.
If you believe this post is offensive or violates the CNET Forums' Usage policies, you can report it below (this will not automatically remove the post). Once reported, our moderators will be notified and the post will be reviewed.

All Answers

Best Answer chosen by theitalianz333

Collapse -
Not Possible
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / May 16, 2012 3:45 AM PDT

theitalianz333,

Very good idea! Unfortunately, this is not possible on any of our models. However, I forwarded your suggestion, and perhaps, our products in the future may support it.

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Wallpapers
by AdamUKSaint / June 28, 2012 4:46 AM PDT
In reply to: Not Possible

Hi HD Tech,

Im sorry for a Samsung lover for sometime now i don't that creating a product worth inexcess of £500+ for a tv a smart tv i might add to give the user the ability to change a wallpaper between two wallpapers and not give the user the ability to change it to one of there own.

To be blunt why even give us wallpapers in the first place to be honest that wasn't worth money if your not going to let the user/owner choose what wallpaper they want.

I think i speak for most people when i say the little things that you can do to your tv makes the world of difference and also makes it your own and not one that everyone else has.

Apologies if this sounds harsh i don't mean to sound that way.

Kind Regards,

Adam Grayson .

Collapse -
Customization for Wallpapers
by Samsung_HD_Tech Samsung staff / June 29, 2012 12:59 AM PDT
In reply to: Wallpapers

AdamUKSaint,

Not harsh at all. I've heard multiple people give this feedback here and other places. Thanks for yours!

-- HD Tech

Collapse -
Mmm Kay...
by smarty2483 / October 21, 2012 10:05 AM PDT

well I had the same question, and agreed it seems pointless to have a wallpaper option that is so easily accessible off the home page without the option to be able to select your own image. Get on it Samsung...I wonder what other features are this limited?

Collapse -
Similar customization options
by Benz72 / October 25, 2012 1:19 AM PDT

I'd ask that we be able to customize the icons displayed on the smart hub as well. E.g. I don't ever use the Family center or the Kid Zone but cannot delete/hide/remove either icon.

Collapse -
Agree
by jessicaomordha / January 6, 2013 11:33 AM PST

Along with additional wallpapers the ability to remove certain apps or icons would be great. I don't use Amazon streaming and would like to remove it.

I think the additional option of rearranging the icons would be great too. Putting my most used apps on the first page or up top as opposed to the other apps that show up would be nice. Customization.

One other thing... add an allshare app for iPhone... I have a Mac and iPhone and can't really stream any of my music or photos without problems. I know you're samsung and have your own phones and such but, reality is, people who own non-samsung phones and computers buy samsung tvs and it would be very nice to be able to communicate photos, videos and music.

Thanks!!

Collapse -
Bump
by Zak_Klee / April 14, 2013 4:09 AM PDT
In reply to: Agree

Bump, bump and bump.

Collapse -
Answer
update
by frost113 / July 24, 2013 8:38 AM PDT

I think you guys at Samsung should do an update with a new set of wallpapers and that just might do it for us and later add more in times to come .

Collapse -
Answer
The worst support I have ever encountered. EVER.
by PacificStereo / August 24, 2013 5:18 AM PDT

Wallpaper? What do you mean, the two choices they give you aren't enough? You want to add more? Well, don't bother to ask Samsung. I did, not only for this, but for a whole bunch of other questions. BTW, their reply to the query for more wallpaper was to get it from the app store. Go try that, and report back here, Samsung.

If you contact Samsung support via the website and they reply, there is no way to reply back and continue the conversation. Did you know that? One must start all over again with a new support request. I've never experienced that in my entire adult life, with any manufacturer..

Looking for a comprehensive manual for your product? That won't happen. Instead, what you'll find on the Samsung website is a generic owner's manual that covers most models, that is 500 pages long (seriously!), and has a typeface so large that each page can hold about a paragraph and a half of text. Hence the 500 pages. This is professional stuff, let me tell you.

I was unable to discover how to make my TV show only the channels I wanted it to show in the channel list. It scanned, went out and found the two channels that exist in my area and then when I would cycle through the channels with the remote, all the unused channels were still there. No answer in the partial manual that comes in the set. No answer in the internal help file in the set. No answer in the 500-page Kindergarten-typeface generic manual you get from Samsung. No answer from Samsung customer support. Not the same as my other Samsung. I was finally able to deduce what to do by piecing together various bits of information from various sources. This is smart?

I have to say that I am exceptionally unhappy with the inability to customize my TV desktop beyond the smattering of options Samsung allows. What do you mean I can't delete useless crap like Fitness? I'm watching TV, for Pete's sake, I am NOT at the gym! Nor do I wish to be, that's why I am watching TV. Why can't I delete apps I will never use, like Amazon streaming? It's MY desktop, not yours. If I don't want it there, I shouldn't have to look at it.

You people could learn something from your competitors. For example, Vizio's interface let's you get rid of stuff you don't want, why doesn't this one? I bought this set partially because I already have a non-smart Samsung LCD set that I really like. This one? It's my last Samsung, that's for sure. I can't even get more wallpaper for it. Never again. And never will anyone else I know, if I can help it.

The day after my warranty expires, I am rooting this set and putting SamyGo on it, and then it will do the basic, simple things it should already be able to do out of the box. Like change wallpaper and get Yahoo connected apps.

Smart TV. Uh-huh.

Popular Forums
icon
Computer Help 49,613 discussions
icon
Computer Newbies 10,349 discussions
icon
Laptops 19,436 discussions
icon
Security 30,426 discussions
icon
TVs & Home Theaters 20,308 discussions
icon
Windows 10 360 discussions
icon
Phones 15,802 discussions
icon
Windows 7 7,351 discussions
icon
Networking & Wireless 14,641 discussions

Tech explained

Do you know what an OLED TV is?

CNET explains how OLED technology differs from regular TVs, and what you need to know to make the right shopping decision.